PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a new ride

Brian_Gladden
July 9th, 2009, 04:43
Being unemployed really sucks... particularly when you need a car to look for work.

Since I'm now working part time and still receiving unemployment, I've got the money to actually get a halfway decent vehicle.

Back in March, I bought a piece of junk Ford Crown Victoria. Well for $400 you can figure out what I got for a car. Well it's on it's last legs so I began looking for something new to drive.

I tell you, Craigslist has been a godsend when it comes to looking for used cars.

Anyway, I found a sweet ride, next town over for $1,200.

A 97 Ford Thunderbird.

I've owned two other T-birds and I loved em'. this one has no exterior rust (A real rarity here in Vermont), V-8, decent stereo, rebuilt front suspension and new tires. On a dealers lot this car would easily go for $2500-$3000

It will be a couple of weeks until I have it paid for but the owner has agreed to accept payments. Gave him a $300 deposit last night.

Any here's a couple of bad cellphone pics of my soon to be mine T-bird.

Brian

Panther_99FS
July 9th, 2009, 04:57
Looking good Brian!

Hope your employment situation turns around rapidly!...

Lionheart
July 9th, 2009, 09:16
Hey Brian,

Awesome looking T-Bird. I hope it is a great car for you and never breaks down.

I hope you find a great job that turns out to be an amazing blessing in your life.

Have you thought of being a writer and seeking to sell some of your stories? At the library, there are a couple of black books that are for artists, writers, and the like, that have firms you can go to and possibly sell your work there, such as magazine firms, advertising agencies, book publishers, etc.

You never know.

Also, to pay the bills, you might try Walmart. I had to result to working their a while back. It was the lowest moment of my life on my first day of work. After that, I really loved it there and had a blast. I worked in Electronics, so it only makes sense, lol.. Anyways, when I finally had to quit to go to LHC full time, it was a difficult decision. I had a ton of friends there and loved my work there. I also made good money there as I had a sales background so they compensate you for your background.

So keep your options open.

Bill

Brian_Gladden
July 9th, 2009, 13:25
My Girlfriend works at Walmart...

So does her daughter...

One more in the family is probably a bit much. :mixedsmi:

I am working a little. but my schedule is dependent on how busy the local phone company is, as the company I work for does all their traffic control in their work zones. Unfortunately, this summer? the weather here has been rain, rain and more rain. I was supposed to work tomorrow (the only day all week with a decent weather forecast) and my boss called me about 1/2 an hour ago saying that the phone co. called and canceled all crews for tomorrow.

So I have a grand total of 4 1/2 hours this week. :banghead:

Got 7 last week....

Good thing my unemployment is good until early September.

Back on the car front, this will be my second MN12 chassis Thunderbird. I had a 94 that ran until it rusted out at over 200,000 miles. And I only paid $700 for that one.

I had an 86 fox bodied (Mustang, Fairmont t-bird platform) Bird that I bought at 65,000 miles and when I last saw the guy that bought it off me it had hit 400,000 miles on it's second engine and tranny.

My 86 got awesome mileage. I once got from Washington DC to Brattleboro VT (Just north of the Mass/Vermont border) on 3/4 of a tank of gas...

Still miss that car.

Anyway, it will be nice having a car I dare drive further than back and forth to work.

Brian

wombat666
July 10th, 2009, 02:16
Good on you Brian.
A decent set of wheels does wonders for morale.
And I assume Rose is doing OK?
:applause:

Brian_Gladden
July 10th, 2009, 03:33
Good on you Brian.
A decent set of wheels does wonders for morale.
And I assume Rose is doing OK?
:applause:

Tell me about it! It's been ages since I had a car that I actually wanted to do things like hand wash and wax or spend any extra cash on accessories.

Not since my last T-Bird or my Taurus SHO...

Rose is doing great. She's back up to working her full shifts and full work weeks again. That's the other reason I have the cash for another car. She's making more money than I am again :ernae:

Brian