PDA

View Full Version : Infor Needed on Alienware Laptops

Lionheart
July 8th, 2009, 23:20
Does anyone know much on Alienware laptops? I am looking at getting a used one on Ebay. I was wondering which one would run FSX and FS9 well with moderate sliders settings.

I didnt know they made so many..... :isadizzy:

Bill

kilo delta
July 9th, 2009, 04:50
What model is it Bill and what are the specs...I've two m9750's,a m9700, 3x Area 51m 766 ,2 Sentia 233 12.1" and a Sentia 3400.:kilroy:
Send me a pm if you wish and I'll try to help you out :)

FengZ
July 9th, 2009, 06:11
yup, i have a few and they run FS9 EXTREMELY well. You can max out everything and it won't even start the CPU fan! :) These machines are built for games in mind.

I haven't tried FSX on it yet, but i'd imagine it'll run it just fine. I have some other heavy GPU games on them (such as GTA4 and Oblivion), and they eat those up for lunch as well...

downside is that they are heavy and eats up battery life (they are not really portable). But it's pretty cool to be able to play state-of-the art games while in a hotel or something.

ps. Oh, didn't realize it was you bill (i just usually look at people's icons...you changed your's...lol). Anyways, you'll love it. Get the 17" ones w/ 1920x1200 res...those also usually comes with great video cards. Because of these laptops, i don't even use my desktops anymore....i'm never buying desktops again!

-feng

Lionheart
July 9th, 2009, 09:05
yup, i have a few and they run FS9 EXTREMELY well. You can max out everything and it won't even start the CPU fan! :) These machines are built for games in mind.

I haven't tried FSX on it yet, but i'd imagine it'll run it just fine. I have some other heavy GPU games on them (such as GTA4 and Oblivion), and they eat those up for lunch as well...

downside is that they are heavy and eats up battery life (they are not really portable). But it's pretty cool to be able to play state-of-the art games while in a hotel or something.

ps. Oh, didn't realize it was you bill (i just usually look at people's icons...you changed your's...lol). Anyways, you'll love it. Get the 17" ones w/ 1920x1200 res...those also usually comes with great video cards. Because of these laptops, i don't even use my desktops anymore....i'm never buying desktops again!

-feng

Hey Feng,

Roger that on the 17inch. I see they come with dual SLI nVidia cards as well. Man, what amazing computers. I was giong through all the units on Ebay last night looking at the diff models. I guess the ones to have are the M9700 and M9750, from what I gathered.

What I dont want is the Dell version for obvious reasons and fears (no offence to Dell people, please understand).

On Laptops over Desktops; Man, you are so right. I cannot believe how much you can put in a laptop these days. I see now that Architects are using laptops (MBP's usually) and link them with huge Apple monitors when in their offices. Your entire business can go with you anywhere these days..

To bad they do not have a 2.5" Terrabyte drive yet though.. arrgh.

Bill

Lionheart
July 9th, 2009, 09:07
What model is it Bill and what are the specs...I've two m9750's,a m9700, 3x Area 51m 766 ,2 Sentia 233 12.1" and a Sentia 3400.:kilroy:
Send me a pm if you wish and I'll try to help you out :)

Goodness Kilo!

Do you collect them?

Which is the best, fastest, most reliable 17" Alienware laptop? From what I see, the M9750. Would that be correct?

Bill

kilo delta
July 9th, 2009, 09:40
M9750 is plenty fast..as least as far as fs9's concerned.....assuming you've adequate components installed. Both of my m9750 have an Intel T7600 2.33ghz chip (the fastest rated for the 9750), 4GB of 667mhz PC5300 ram, 1920x1200 lcd, Dual Nvidia cards in Sli ( one has dual 512mb 7950GTX cards and the other has dual 256mb 8700GT cards). I've 64gb SSD drives in each and the new Seagate Momentus 500gb 7200rpm for storage. I went with the Blu-Ray optical drive too.
They're fantastic gaming systems as is it's older brother m9700 (but this is let down with it's relatively slow AMD Turion processor) though I've never run FSX on them. I've just sold one of my 9700's but still have another awaiting a rebuild.....as soon as I can get a decently priced Turion ML-44 chip :kilroy: