PDA

View Full Version : Earth from 80,000 feet

stiz
July 8th, 2009, 12:37
suprised i havnt seen this posted here allready, truely breathtakeing. James May from Top gear gets a trip in a U2 to the edge of space!

8Pm4tJWVIwA

i never even knew they made a 2 seater U2!

Naismith
July 8th, 2009, 13:06
Fabulous!

thedude247
July 8th, 2009, 13:43
Simply Incredible!!!! He's right, seeing it as we just did is mearly one thing, experiencing it is something all together.

djscoo
July 8th, 2009, 14:35
I've recently become addicted to this show...unfortunately I can't find any full episodes online so I've been relegated to watching fragments here and there where I can find them. I'm surprised one of the major cable networks hasn't picked it up in the US.

Lionheart
July 8th, 2009, 14:43
I've recently become addicted to this show...unfortunately I can't find any full episodes online so I've been relegated to watching fragments here and there where I can find them. I'm surprised one of the major cable networks hasn't picked it up in the US.

Go to iTunes. You can purchase the season, and I think you can get shows seperately.

Great show.

mike_cyul
July 8th, 2009, 14:46
Wonderful. Thanks, Stiz.:applause:

Mike

Wing_Z
July 8th, 2009, 15:10
Simply stunning, didn't think the earth's curvature would be as pronounced at 70,0000'.
I had hoped they'd show the landing fully (76 kts in a jet!) as there doesn't seem to be anything propping up the wings.

Thanks for this post, stiz

djscoo
July 8th, 2009, 15:24
Go to iTunes. You can purchase the season, and I think you can get shows seperately.

Great show.
Heck ya! I hadn't even thought of that...I just bought season 12. Thanks for the heads up!

stiz
July 8th, 2009, 15:31
this wasnt part of top gear, this was his own show, cant rember what is what called though :frown:

Tako_Kichi
July 8th, 2009, 15:47
BBC America (and BBC Canada) shows Top Gear on cable and satellite but it's 18 months to two years behind the UK series at the moment but as others have said that clip was not from Top Gear although it features one of the Top Gear presenters.

kilo delta
July 8th, 2009, 16:03
Not a bad experience for a PPL holder!:applause:

Ps..the clip was taken from James May At the Edge of Space

tigisfat
July 8th, 2009, 16:13
THis was cool. Thanks!:jump:

Cazzie
July 8th, 2009, 16:51
Speechless! Thanks Stiz! James May is the luckiest common SOB on this planet! :icon_lol:

Caz

David_L6
July 8th, 2009, 17:13
That is one cool video! Thanks for posting it.

Gzr Green Bean
July 11th, 2009, 14:38
Yeah, "Captain Slow" is a pilot himself, not quite U-2 qualified, but pressing on with a Privale and working for Night and Instrument tickets.

GB

FengZ
July 11th, 2009, 19:46
wow!!! Awesome!

love top gear and love the u2!

What an inspirational video. The human race has achieved some amazing things....can you imagine just 100 years ago, trying to tell someone that one day you can have lunch at the edge of space...

-feng

jmig
July 12th, 2009, 04:46
I enjoyed that. I was surprised by the modern Boeing EASI & EHSI in the panels.

I wish they had shown how the trucks have to race along side and insert the training wheels in the wings. I can still remember watching that in Thailand when the U-2s landed.

Roger
July 12th, 2009, 06:43
Yeah, "Captain Slow" is a pilot himself, not quite U-2 qualified, but pressing on with a Privale and working for Night and Instrument tickets.

GB

Ha ha, yes GB it was a good show the "Get the truffle to London" race. I think Clarkson was in the Veron that time.:d

Lionus
July 17th, 2009, 05:54
if you want to dl them on your computer, all you need is this: www.finalgear.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/www.finalgear.com)

they are hosting all the episodes, even the specials, and latest episodes are usually upwithin few hours of airing.