PDA

View Full Version : Fmr. Def Sec. McNamara dead at 93...

Piglet
July 7th, 2009, 00:15
Robert McNamara, former Sec. of Defense dies at 93.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-07-06-mcnamara-obit_N.htm

Cazzie
July 7th, 2009, 03:13
He's dead...................GOOD!

Crusader
July 7th, 2009, 03:21

Very well said Caz . I really don't want to get started with him . I'm not a hateful person and I think I could easily become one if I ever discussed him .:angryfir:

Rich

Naismith
July 7th, 2009, 03:36
Harsh

Ickie
July 7th, 2009, 03:54
I will hold my comments also

Z-PurpleBubble
July 7th, 2009, 04:21
Isn't he the guy that tried to force the navalised F-111B on the USN? The advocate of "commonality"?

Anyway, he lived to a ripe old age. Whatever he's done, may he RIP.

Snuffy
July 7th, 2009, 04:42

Where the hell is Nausica on this thread?? :bump:

brad kaste
July 7th, 2009, 04:47
In some of the recorded interviews I've heard by him in these last few days,...he continually gave out this angsted, guilty-as-charged remorse type statements. Crocodile tears I say.

TARPSBird
July 7th, 2009, 07:09
In some of the recorded interviews I've heard by him in these last few days,...he continually gave out this angsted, guilty-as-charged remorse type statements. Crocodile tears I say.
Amen to that. Thanks to McNamara being the principal architect of the Vietnam escalation there are 58,000+ guys who'll never have the chance to live to the ripe old age of 93. You'll see very few "RIP's" here from Vietnam vets. :mad:

Cactuskid
July 7th, 2009, 09:55
Amen to that. Thanks to McNamara being the principal architect of the Vietnam escalation there are 58,000+ guys who'll never have the chance to live to the ripe old age of 93. You'll see very few "RIP's" here from Vietnam vets. :mad:

I'll ditto that, although giving credit where credit is due, he did a pretty good job during the Cuban missle crisis in '62. After 'Nam I couldn't stand him or his flunky, Westmorland. I always wished that he'd had HIS a$$ in the grass for a tour or two!

Richie
4/503/173rd Abn.
'66-'67

JoeW
July 7th, 2009, 09:58

I'll second that!. Looks like we survived him despite what he did.

EasyEd
July 7th, 2009, 20:22
Hey All,

Not meaning to be political but I can't help but wonder...

In 30 years will people who served in Iraq same the same kinds of things about Cheney as are being said about McNamara here? If so what does that say?

-Ed-

Snuffy
July 8th, 2009, 03:13
Actually Ed, it would be Rumsfield to be an equal counter part ... :wiggle: