PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Belle Ride....

Wittpilot
July 6th, 2009, 17:36
Number 6....

Beautiful day to go flying... saw an Ohio NG F-16 fly by.. an amphibian a few hundred feet above us go zooming by.. Nice ride, very smooth...

TomSteber
July 7th, 2009, 03:09
I can't take it anymore!!!!

I REALLY need that winning lottery ticket!

Ickie
July 7th, 2009, 03:36
you lucky b******, lol

Snuffy
July 7th, 2009, 04:43
Ummm please don't tell me that "number 6" means that this is your sixth ride in a 17 ...

If it is I have to echo Ickie's sentiment ...

Wittpilot
July 7th, 2009, 13:41
Yessir.. guilty as charged Snuffy... ride number 6.... time in the air is roughly almost 3 hours... Nowhere close to dad's time...

Also.. I picked up a copy of "The Yanks Are Back" dvd... covering the trip overseas.... It is very good... I would say it falls short of great, but is better than Ken Burns' WWII, but not as good as his Civil War series... I like the part of the plane's flying at Duxford, as they had camera's in the plane for the show.. .would have like to seen a lot more of that... and audio of Ray, chief pilot, and owner Don Brooks while they were flying the show...... It's a good film, I would suggest seeing it...

I think it might be show on local stations around the country prior to Liberty Belles visit to that area, not fo sure on that... will have to get more details on that...

-witt