PDA

View Full Version : Look who are back!

Ferry_vO
October 19th, 2008, 06:14
Australia's #1 selling band of all time, AC/DC, returns with their latest album 'Black Ice'; this is the first video: Rock 'n' Roll train:

bX2xbqWtyJU

The concert they'll be giving here next year sold out in minutes so I didn't have a chance to get tickets... :banghead:

brian1305
October 19th, 2008, 06:24
I am as dissapointed as you!!
I have been to see the last 2 tours, last being Glasgow 2001....
Waited forever for a tour and they just released their UK dates.
They are not playing Scotland - a show which they always sell out...

Considering Angus and Malcolm were born in Glasgow this is a poor show!!

Album looks great though!!

Ferry_vO
October 19th, 2008, 06:34
At least we still have 'ACtion in DC' a Dutch AC/DC tributeband!

If you close your eyes you would swear it's the real thing..

jXQM6icRmhA

(And their shows are a LOT cheaper... ;))

brian1305
October 19th, 2008, 06:41
Superb - have seen a few ACDC tribute bands in the last few years here in the UK, but these guys look pretty good!!

Ferry_vO
October 19th, 2008, 06:43
...And speaking of 'oldies': Metallica produced their first decent album since 1991 with 'Death magnetic' IMHO, although 'The day that never comes' isn't exactly my favourite song from that album.

Mlahvvymkxc

:)

Ferry_vO
October 19th, 2008, 06:44
but these guys look pretty good!!

I saw them perform last year, together with a Judas Priest and an Iron Maiden tributeband; four hours of nothing but classic metal tracks for only $15!

:applause:

FAC257
October 19th, 2008, 07:49
If ya moved here where I lived you could see AC/DC play just about all year round.

Brian Johnson lives in town and is well known locally for getting up on stage with just about any decent bar band and putting on a show. I don't think there's a local rock n' roll bar in the area that he hasn't showed up at somewhere along the lines. He's actually not that picky and even sang on a regular basis with a band one of our co-workers played in. The band really wasn't very good at all, but when you put BJ up in front it really didn't matter. :)

He's got a reputation around here of being one heck of a nice guy.

It sort of makes up for the totally opposite situation where Rick Derringer is now a slightly over weight local real estate agent. :)

I'm glad I got to see at least one show with Bon Scott still up front in the late 70's. At the time the were just an opening act for Boston along with the Doobies and Poco. The second time in the 80's with BJ, they were defintly the headliners.

Their playing locally on this current tour and I'm having a real hard time not buying tickets.

Ferry_vO
October 19th, 2008, 07:52
Angus lives over here most of the year with his Dutch wife. :)

Don't know if he performs though.

To be honest I find Brian's voice getting a bit annoying after a while, so I prefer the Bon Scott era. 'Let there be rock' was one of my very first albums and it is still one of my favourites and certainly the best AC/DC album (IMHO).

:)

FAC257
October 19th, 2008, 08:25
The first time I ever heard AC/DC was at one of my best friend's house. At that time I was listening too music like Jean Luc Ponty, Steely Dan, the Police ,the Outlaws, Molly Hatchett, Tom Petty etc plus my old favs from the 60s and early 70s.

When Stanley cranked up AC/DC and I heard the vocals and music for the first time I can remember thinking "What the hell is that cr*p!" :isadizzy:

Then Stan talked me into going and seeing them live and I've been a die-hard fan ever since.

BTW Molly Hatchett, the Outlaws & Tom Petty. That's a Florida thing. :)

cheezyflier
October 19th, 2008, 10:45
Superb - have seen a few ACDC tribute bands in the last few years here in the UK, but these guys look pretty good!!

for tribute bands, how about these ladies?
AC/DSHE http://www.acdshe.com/