PDA

View Full Version : OzX Goose Passengers Get Rare Treat

FAC257
July 6th, 2009, 07:46
While continuing our holiday weekend tour of the Caribbean in the new OzX Goose the crew and passengers got a special treat.

We spotted the Nimitz heading northward along the Leeward Islands and decided to head down for a closer look. Turns out they were having a special sale on Nimitiz Caribbean Cruise tourist T-shirts and asked if we wanted to come aboard. :)

BTW This was the first time I was able to land anything on the Nimitz without crashing. Coming across the stern at barely 60 IAS, we were at a dead stop before the first wire.

FAC

swimeye
July 6th, 2009, 08:22
Funny and nice story, now when you have done your first landing, maybe you can take on something faster :icon_lol:

harleyman
July 6th, 2009, 08:24
Nice shots...

How was the T-Shirt?

FAC257
July 6th, 2009, 08:32
I'm pretty sure the last time I succesfully landed a jet on a carrier in a flight sim was in Jane's F-18 back when it was still fairly new.

I tried the FSX F-18 a few times when the Nimitz first came out and that was pretty embarassing to say the least. I didn't realize I could make the carrier go forward and turn it into the wind until this morning using the Goose. That might have made the jet attempts a little easier. :)

FAC

BananaBob
July 6th, 2009, 11:04
Nice!! :ernae:

piperarcherpilot
July 6th, 2009, 11:23
Hmm....well the Goose IS a Grumman product. I bet it felt right at home on the carrier! :)

gajit
July 6th, 2009, 14:31
:applause::applause::applause: