PDA

View Full Version : Dropping Troops

bretnutz
October 19th, 2008, 05:40
Hi,

Some time ago.......I mean a alot longer ...

I remember there was a Ju52 dropping troops out....I think it was linked to a ' Crete ' mission....I could be wrong.

any idea where I might find this????

well this young kid is looking for this....I got him hooked on CFS2.

He also wants to set up Missions where he is a JU87 flyer ...and is attacking Russian Tanks and troops as they head to Berlin....sorta a last ditch effort as troops retreat....

All the Best

bretnutz

blohmundvoss
October 19th, 2008, 05:59
You're probably thinking of Clive Burgess' 'Hellas' campaign which had paratroops landing on Crete. (I can't remember if ramirez has done an update for this one).

If your real question is about how to recreate the effect, it was done by having paratroopers as aircraft and spawning them over the target, rather than as a payload from the Ju52s

Hope this helps. If it's not what you're looking for I'm sure one of the other folks wil know.

Cheers
BuV

OBIO
October 19th, 2008, 06:40
The best Ju-52s I know of are by Pierino Primavesi and are available on his site:

http://www.ju52-3m.ch/models.htm

He did a FS2002 version with Paratroopers. I have not tried the paratroopers in CFS2, but I did convert the plane to CFS2.

OBIO

sc7500
October 19th, 2008, 09:23
When the opportunity came to try dropping troops over enemy territory, my efforts were "rewarded" by a C-47 haulin' butt thru the sky with a flotilla of parachutes sticking out of the roof !

Gee ~ wonder where *I* went wrong ?!?!?

SC
:kilroy:

Rami
October 19th, 2008, 10:28
Yeup, I did do an update:

http://www.regshanger.com/Regs%20hanger%20main/CFS2%20Campaigns/CFS2%20Campaigns.htm

Tango_Romeo
October 19th, 2008, 10:36
1. Jim Jacobson (Rockster) did some paratrooper payloads for aircraft, and they are available in the CN_C119 CFS2 Conversion, which I believe is posted on SimV or FS.

2. HOWEVER, I have found an FX file that is much more efficient in producing paratroops, and may be the one to which you refer. I have no idea where it came from, but I have attached the ZIP here with a TXT extension. Simply download the file and change the TXT extension to ZIP to open the package. Installation is simple and allows you to produce clouds of paratroops by using the L on your keyboard (Light Switch) on any aircraft you chose.

Tango_Romeo
October 19th, 2008, 11:05
...you can change the color of the snowsuits to kaki by modifying the bmp included in the file. :d

Ravenna
October 19th, 2008, 19:00
A great little addition, and one I often use. The only downside is that, working on the L key, it only works for the player aircraft.

Tango_Romeo
October 19th, 2008, 20:20
A great little addition, and one I often use. The only downside is that, working on the L key, it only works for the player aircraft.

....to avoid that you can use Rockster's payloads packed with the CN_C119. There's a Jeep, a cargo drop, and a paratrooper drop. I'd give you a link to the download, but I just don't remember where I got it. :isadizzy:

Ravenna
October 19th, 2008, 21:13
Try looking here:
http://www.simviation.com/cfs2mod8.htm

Tango_Romeo
October 19th, 2008, 23:05
Try looking here:
http://www.simviation.com/cfs2mod8.htm

Good Show! Payloads included in his Caribou Upgrade package. Now the guys can loadup their AIs with ice cream cones and have a nice sqaudron drop! :birthday2 :wavey:

bretnutz
October 25th, 2008, 19:26
Thanks again.......

What could one do with all this help from Everywhere.

All the Best

bretnutz

Rocktser2
October 29th, 2008, 11:33
Yes......................it was some time ago.

Ruppert and I took a vacation with the RAAF to Gibraltar for some low level training........................

Even if Ruppert and his paratroop'in buddies seem a little simple now..................

I have to say I still enjoy thier company on a excursion to "The Rock"

Shown here.............RAAF Caribou, Bouload, Gibraltar Scenery Add on

Skipsan
October 29th, 2008, 12:57
:isadizzy: Point of interest, I was stationed with a BUCS how in his younger years was a crew chief ah-board a C-119. Paratrooper's jumped in two sticks out of the aft hatches:d That all was in a different life and time :redf:

Skipsan:kilroy:

dombral
October 30th, 2008, 01:52
Hi,

Some time ago.......I mean a alot longer ...

I remember there was a Ju52 dropping troops out....I think it was linked to a ' Crete ' mission....I could be wrong.

any idea where I might find this????

well this young kid is looking for this....I got him hooked on CFS2.

He also wants to set up Missions where he is a JU87 flyer ...and is attacking Russian Tanks and troops as they head to Berlin....sorta a last ditch effort as troops retreat....

All the Best

bretnutz

the paratroopers are an effect and not an paylod . I dont remember the autor .

bretnutz
October 30th, 2008, 06:51
That is what I am looking for.

I also had changed the Parachutes on the planes to a Red and White one.

Maybe change the chutes for the Germans Jumpers to the flag of the time???

or Japanese rising " Sun "......maybe rainbow, Pink, or maybe the Floresent Green ( puke ).......to support the ' cause ' of your choice??????

All the Best

bretnutz