PDA

View Full Version : Altering vc view point.?

Hector
October 19th, 2008, 03:33
I like the vc view when an aircraft is first loaded for a flight.It looks down slightly but still gives a decent view forward throught the cockpit windows.I would like to set this up as my default view but so far i have only managed to move the eyepoint either vertically or horizontally in the aircraft cfg.Could someone please point me in the right direction for the alterations needed to achieve this sort of,"Tilt" view.:icon_lol:

Thanks,

Hector

jmig
October 19th, 2008, 04:41
If you hit the = and - keys on the keyboard, you can move forward and backward. That is what I do to get the right perspective.

Hector
October 19th, 2008, 05:38
Hi John,
Thanks for your response.I understand about the - and = which and i have also set up the arrow keys on my keyboard for moving the eyepoint up and down and side to side.
If i use my "hat switch on the jstick,i will get a look down rather than a move down view and its this i am trying to keep as a sort of default view
Again,thanks for trying help,its much appreciated

James aka Hector

Killbilly
October 19th, 2008, 06:52
Try adding the following lines near the start of your panel.cfg:

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=x.x, 0.0, 0.0

Then play with the number values for "x" (for example, 1.0 or 1.7). That first value controls the initial pitch of the pilot's view. Positive numbers pitch down, and negative numbers pitch up (if I remember right). This used to work in FS8 and FS9, so you could give it a shot in FSX. I haven't tried it, but it would probably work. Good luck. :running:

PRB
October 19th, 2008, 07:00
To change the default view from the VC, open the aircraft.cfg, find the [views] section, and adjust the eyepoint= line:

eyepoint = -3.95, -0.85, 2.1

Longitude (fwd/aft)
Lateral (L/R)
Vertical (up/down)

(feet)

n4gix
October 19th, 2008, 07:04
"Killbilly" has the correct answer with regards to the eyepoint "pitch" in the virtual cockpit. The "pitch angle" defined will affect both the 2d and 3d panel views.

PRB
October 19th, 2008, 07:10
Great tutorial on this here:

http://www.calclassic.com/sci_tutorial/index.html

It's lengthly, but worth the read.

Hector
October 19th, 2008, 12:20
I have been trying with the default Cessna C172 for the last few hours to try and get this to work but met with no success.I found that there is already a "VIEW_FORWARD_DIR" line in the panel cfg.I changed different values here and did manage to make a few alterations but,as soon as i hit my, "forward view in vc panel", button,i lost those views and ended up in the usual,default view.This is the view i set up with the "eyepoint" in the aircraft cfg.

Thankyou to everyone who replied and offered help and advice:ernae:
Hector aka James