PDA

View Full Version : Corpus Christi Work Continues

jdhaenens
July 4th, 2009, 21:29
One more hangar to go, need to hand plant severak hundred trees then lots of annotator work. It's coming along well.

spotlope
July 4th, 2009, 22:34
Looks really good, Jim. The photoscenery adds a lot too, I think. You're on track to be the preeminent military airfield designer, maybe ever. Keep it up!

Cag40Navy
July 5th, 2009, 01:22
man, you should do buckley AFB here in colorado, with everything on base! just a suggestion....

CG_1976
July 5th, 2009, 01:54
Looking great Jim:applause:. My Costie Goats and Geese are awaiting shipping out orders. Till then there on training in the Gulf of Mexico.

jdhaenens
July 5th, 2009, 04:35
Thanks, Bill, but to be honest, I've cut the photoscenery out in some of the more populous places (with a 0,0,0, mask) on the base and am letting the original autogen show through, then augmenting with hand placed autogen and generic buildings that keep with the spirit of the area. LOL...less accurate, but I don't have to build 500 buildings.

Global Mapper was a good purchase. I'm tempted to get Manifold so I can control the elevation a bit better, especially around the water. I think there should be a "This is water, stupid, it doesn't run uphill" flatten.

Shouldn't be too much longer Trans. I recently re-found a coastie pilot (Dauphin) that worked with me on Whiting Field. He's stationed in Houston and he likes it a lot too.

Best,

Jim

VCN-1
July 5th, 2009, 05:27
Jim

It looks outstanding. Can't wait for the release.

VCN-1

n4gix
July 5th, 2009, 11:37
While in the area, perhaps NAS Kingsville?

I owned a telecommunications business in Kingsville for about ten years. Did a lot of radio repair work for the civilian contractors there, so was on base at least once a week. :ernae:

jdhaenens
July 5th, 2009, 11:58
I had always planned to do Kingsville first. It's the second T-45 base behind Meridian. Unfortunately, I can't quite get enough pictures to make me comfortable making the flight line right, and I missed the airshow this year. It's definitely on my list.:jump:

Best,

Jim

Cag40Navy
July 5th, 2009, 14:37
how bout NAS north island, my family has a history of being stationed there while in the navy

jdhaenens
July 5th, 2009, 15:34
I already re-did John Stinstrom's North Island for FSX. Still lots of .BMP's as I didn't recompile to make it Native. I haven't checked lately, but I think it was at flightsim.

Jim

CG_1976
July 5th, 2009, 16:36
Well there is one NAS that is crying for FS scenery design rework. Its MUGM NAS. Leeword and McCalla need some rework together with its ports and fishermans pier needs to be brought back along with McCalla. This base servered a more important role then the current. Its a major supply and deployment area and is the Naval NAS Gem of the Caribbean steeped in Naval Aviation history back to the USN's first pilots and aircraft. Jim if you consider I'll turn over any info you need for GTMO. FYI GTMO is the ICAO for the former Windward side McCalla field and Fisherman's pier were CG and Naval amphibs parked. Jim Cook did a excellent Afcad for Leeward field MUGM.

Bone
July 5th, 2009, 18:35
Gitmo would be cool. But, why is it that Beeville is always forgotten?

tigisfat
July 5th, 2009, 21:03
isn't beeville closed and turned into a dragstrip now?

ALAMEDA NAS!!
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/IMG_0565.jpg

Bone
July 6th, 2009, 05:13
It is, but would still be cool to have...need some retro bases.

isn't beeville closed and turned into a dragstrip now?

ALAMEDA NAS!!
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/IMG_0565.jpg