PDA

View Full Version : Christopher McCandless-Into the Wild

demorier
July 3rd, 2009, 22:53
Watched this interesting movie a couple of times lately. When you look up the co-ordinates of the "magic bus", it's pretty much surrounded by rivers way out in the wilderness, how the hell did someone get the bus there in the first place. Just curious !!

djscoo
July 3rd, 2009, 23:11
Watched this interesting movie a couple of times lately. When you look up the co-ordinates of the "magic bus", it's pretty much surrounded by rivers way out in the wilderness, how the hell did someone get the bus there in the first place. Just curious !!

We read the book in school, Supposedly during certain seasons the water is low enough that there are a few fords across the rivers. I don't remember if he entered in the winter or not, but there is a part in the book where he went to an abandoned crossing of some sort in an attempt to get out. For some reason or another due to the high water from snowmelt he was unable to cross. Of course during the winter you could probably drive across it anyways. If you haven't read the book it's well worth it.:ernae:

OBIO
July 3rd, 2009, 23:46
Have read most of the book....picked it up at the hospital gift shop to read while my wife was in the hospital following her brain surgery. Very odd tale of a very odd person. Worth reading. Very well written book. I was hooked after the first few pages.

OBIO

demorier
July 4th, 2009, 01:27
Might try the book, from what I have read so far the Sean Penn movie seems mostly factual with the main events.