PDA

View Full Version : English Version of FSX?

Quicksand
July 3rd, 2009, 12:44
Hi all. I just got my copy of Acceleration, and upon inserting the disc and beginning the setup process, I got a popup window informing me that I need the English version of FSX..??:isadizzy: I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, but my version reads like English to me...:kilroy: Any ideas? I'm currently running Vista 64bit and SP2.

harleyman
July 3rd, 2009, 13:16
I have heard of different versions doing that...But its odd that you have an English version of FSX and it thinks you don't..

I have no answers at this point..but I will google it and see whats out there ...

Quicksand
July 3rd, 2009, 13:17
Thanks, Harleyman. :medals: I'm doing the same, but so far no soap....

harleyman
July 3rd, 2009, 13:56
I am striking out also....

Is there a way to contact MS support I wonder...?

Quicksand
July 3rd, 2009, 14:44
Harleyman, strange story, but true. When I installed FSX, it wanted to install into my "second" hard drive (program files(x69)), but I altered the path to the other drive. I had to move FSX onto this drive in order to install Acceleration... no idea why. I'm off to see if it works. Will report back shortly...Thanks for your help, buddy.

harleyman
July 3rd, 2009, 14:58
Now thats a mystery as to why it did that.....:isadizzy:

Like I have always said...

FSX is posessed ...LOL

I just hope it all goes acording to plan for you...

Quicksand
July 3rd, 2009, 16:55
The really weird part is that now everything is functioning as advertised... I have much to learn about flight sim and computers in genereal...:isadizzy::icon_lol: