PDA

View Full Version : Ickie needs our help

OBIO
July 3rd, 2009, 11:19
A few months ago, the members of this site came together, chipped in the funds, and purchased a new computer system for Ickie, our beloved server manager. At day 91, the ASUS monitor went wonkie. He is getting the run around from ASUS, even though the monitor is still under warranty.

Check out this thread and the thread that there is a link to in it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=19018

Once you have read the threads, begin sending e-mails to ASUS demanding that they stand behind their product and their warranty and replace Ickie's monitor with a new one...not a used one that they proposed to do.

The more e-mails they receive, the more they will know that there are a lot of computer people who are disappointed with their product and warranty, and they will realize that they could lose sales as a result.

OBIO

MaskRider
July 3rd, 2009, 12:34
Just sent an email to both places. Took just a couple of minutes. It was time well spent.

Good luck, Ickie!

mariereid
July 3rd, 2009, 13:10
H
ey guys, I am still a bit of a moron at this stuff. The two address listed: do I just open them up, and send email, or do you want me to copy add and email from my home add?

Well, I tried the links, and could not send. I`ll write from home address in am. I got a real nice letter, letting them know how many of us there are, all with computers, and " how do you think I found out about this?"

OBIO
July 3rd, 2009, 14:27
Send them an e-mail from your e-mail address. This will let them know that a lot of people are upset with their lack of customer support, with the way they are failing to stand behind their warranty. The more e-mails they receive from individual people, the better the message will be sent home: Fix this, or we will spread the word that ASUS is not a company to do business with. We puter nerds rely on word of mouth recommendations from our peers when deciding which new piece of hardware to purchase. Having several thousand people telling people that ASUS products are no good, that their customer service is horrible and that they will not stand behind their warranties will really put a hurt on their sales...and they know that. We just need to let them know that we know that and are more than ready to pass along this situation as a reason to avoid their products.

OBIO

dvslats
July 3rd, 2009, 14:45
I have three home email accounts plus one from my job. That will make four from me.

Naismith
July 3rd, 2009, 14:57
I am sure this is well intentioned, but has Ickie given the OK on this?
He may view this as interference and unsolicited it could possibly make matters worse if ASUS were about to reverse their decision.

miamieagle
July 3rd, 2009, 16:16
If Ickie says its okay for us send them a E-mail then I will also!:jump:

OBIO
July 3rd, 2009, 17:58
If you go into the Newshawks forum, there are 2 threads there Ickie started. In both, Ickie clearly asks us, the members of this forum, to send e-mails to ASUS. The members of this forum bought the system for Ickie, including the monitor, and we collectively will demand that ASUS stand behind the warranty on the monitor and not send Ickie a used monitor to replace a monitor that was purchased NEW 3 months ago.

Ickie followed the normal process for filing a warranty claim on the monitor, sent it back to the company at his expense and packaged according to their instructions (he actually repacked it in the original factor packaging). ASUS sent the monitor back to him. When Ickie opened the packaging the monitor was packaged in a very poor manner and the base plate of the monitor was pressed against the screen, resulting in the screen being scratched and damaged. Ickie contacted ASUS, told them this, they wanted pics. He sent the pics of the damage. They told him to ship the monitor back and that they (ASUS) would ship a USED monitor to replace his monitor. And, when he turns the monitor on, it is still doing what it was doing before he shipped it back to ASUS for repairs.

ASUS is clearly giving Ickie a major run around on his monitor. And he has asked us, the members of this site...the purchasers of this system, to send e-mails demanding satisfactory service in this matter. ASUS is clearly not willing to stand behind their product, not willing to stand behind their warranty.

We need to let them know that this is not acceptable. We will not accept a USED monitor as a replacement of a monitor purchased NEW 3 months ago, that is still well within the warranty period.

OBIO

mariereid
July 4th, 2009, 03:20
here`s what i sent with ref no as subject, ok?
Dear people: The way you are handling my friend`s monitor problem is very unprofessional. He is a well known member of the flight simulator community. We bought this and much more equipment for him. So, it is not only him who is recieving very poor support from you. Our membership is over 13,000, ten times that visit our site. We are well know and respected by many other sites with many more members. You do not need me to tell you how important it is for you to keep your customers happy. I would think, from a business point of view, you would want to resolve this quickly. Give him what he paid for, a new monitor, not a used monitor, not the same monitor with the same problems. I would also think you would use some class, and pay for all postage and any other costs, and apologize. The way you handle this will be seen by all of us. Do the right thing, for him and for your business. D.R. Reid

I sent it to both email addresses