PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July

Jagdflieger
July 2nd, 2009, 12:56
Happy 4th of July to all the Faithful in the basement!

While a US holiday, I hope everyone enjoys a great day.

OBIO
July 2nd, 2009, 13:07
The next two days are days of celebration in this household. Deb and I celebrate our 5th anniversary on the 3rd. The 4th, as is commonly known, is Independence Day...though it will be much more muted around these parts as there are no local fire works, rampant unemployment and the future looks very very bleak...we may be broke and destitute, but we are FREE! Still, Deb and I will be celebrating for two days.

OBIO

Rami
July 2nd, 2009, 13:17
I'll be up in Boston on the 4th celebrating in the cradle of liberty all day....7am-ish to midnight.

Shadow Wolf 07
July 2nd, 2009, 14:22
Happy Indpendence Day! :medals: :ernae:

Bill Kestell
July 2nd, 2009, 14:25
:ernae: GO, OBIO ... GO DEB! :ernae:

The_Editor
July 2nd, 2009, 20:34
Enjoy your day.

hewman100
July 3rd, 2009, 02:04
Have a great weekend of it!!!!!:ernae:

baldy
July 3rd, 2009, 02:30
I'll go along with that - as John Philip Souza put it

Hooray for the red, white and blue

baldy

mariereid
July 3rd, 2009, 04:03
Have a great and safe weekend, neighbours! Let`s hope we get through these hard times, and get back on track. As a Canadian, I believe the world needs a strong America. Really, who else could lead the free world? Thanks, big brother, and may God bless America.:USA-flag:

Shadow Wolf 07
July 3rd, 2009, 04:55
"By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world."

Happy Birthday USA!

miamieagle
July 3rd, 2009, 07:12
I want to wish a Happy Birthday to America land of the Free!:medals::icon29::ernae:

Blue Devil
July 4th, 2009, 20:32
Americans, ...

Rejoice and Celebrate...

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable Rights; that among these, are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness; that to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

For the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.

--- Thomas Jefferson --- Declaration of Independence 1776
I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will triumph in that Days Transaction, even although We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not.

I am surprised at the suddenness as well as the greatness of this revolution... It is the will of Heaven that the two countries should be sundered forever. It may be the will of Heaven that America shall suffer calamities still more wasting, and distresses yet more dreadful. If this is to be the case it will have this good effect at least. It will inspire us with many virtues which we have not, and correct many errors, follies, and vices which threaten to disturb, dishonor, and destroy us. The furnace of affliction produces refinement in states as well as individuals. And the new Governments we are assuming in every part will require a purification from our vices, and an augmentation of our virtues, or they will be no blessings. The people will have unbounded power, and the people are extremely addicted to corruption and venality, as well as the great. But I must submit all my hopes and fears to an overruling Providence, in which, unfashionable as the faith may be, I firmly believe.

The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epocha in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forevermore.

--- John Adams --- Letter to Abigail Adams July 03, 1776
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free."

-- Ronald Wilson Reagan ---
"We stand on the shoulders of our Fathers...

...to secure the foundations for our children."

-- Blue Devil --Now, ...

...Get to Work.

crashaz
July 6th, 2009, 09:17
Glad to see the place did not burn down. Firing off fireworks in the basement can get dangerous!:icon_lol: