PDA

View Full Version : Ninitz/F-14 Mission

jojohnson9
July 1st, 2009, 12:38
FSX Mission--F-14 Ops On CV69-12
"Start off in Dino Cattaneo's F-14 Tomcat on Javiers (Thrawns) CV69-12 Busy Carrier"
This a great mission that you can download today at FlightSim.com.
Thank you, Ed Olander.

jojohnson9
July 1st, 2009, 12:44
Oops, you can also get here at SOH.

wilycoyote4
July 1st, 2009, 12:49
A-HA !!!! So, that's where it is, thank you !!!:applause::medals::icon29:

BOOM
July 1st, 2009, 14:13
Sounds fun!!! downloading now,Thank You!!

scoutII
July 1st, 2009, 15:19
I get "ERROR 2755" Package problem :pop4::isadizzy: when installing - Edit - Downloading v095 now......ALL Good

peter12213
July 1st, 2009, 15:29
looks good many thanks!

wilycoyote4
July 1st, 2009, 16:35
Great and thanks. :ernae::applause: Nice approach patterns. Wish I was on the voice track, lol.

Not trying to be negative, the steam vent and lighted cat shuttle are interesting addtions, but there is no JBD animation and no steam in the cat shuttle track at launch. Does anyone else notice these things?

EgoR64
July 1st, 2009, 17:49
:wavey:

Hi All,

Thanks, always fun on a busy deck, easy short mission, not bullet proof. Any ideas for a Carrier Mission let me know, my knowledge is limited on Carrier Ops.

The steam is a Mission SDK AttachEffectAction on the attach points blast shields, I added those thought it would be cool. Not sure if there is a cat shuttle track attach point, that would be major cool to have the steam glide with the cat shuttle, do not know if that would be possible.

The lights where added just to let the user know which Cats he can use, On the non-moving carrier only Cat4 functioned, on the moving carrier they all functioned with the exception of Cat4.

LOL - on the voices, it is getting harder to try to change me voice, if you all like, next time I can sure use ya for a vocie over. :icon29:

Many Cheers !! :ernae:

wilycoyote4
July 1st, 2009, 18:18
The steam is a Mission SDK AttachEffectAction on the attach points blast shields, I added those thought it would be cool. Not sure if there is a cat shuttle track attach point, that would be major cool to have the steam glide with the cat shuttle, do not know if that would be possible.

The lights where added just to let the user know which Cats he can use, On the non-moving carrier only Cat4 functioned, on the moving carrier they all functioned with the exception of Cat4.

LOL - on the voices, it is getting harder to try to change me voice, if you all like, next time I can sure use ya for a vocie over. :icon29:

If you have flown the Acceleration default carrier missions or the Top Gun missions, especially the day practice, then you would see steam in the cat track moving with the nose gear down the cat track during launch.

EgoR64
July 2nd, 2009, 02:57
:wavey:

Hi Wily,

That is cool. I never noticed it, Hmmm, they must have attachpt's that glide down the cat shuttle path, not sure if it is something the designers does with the carrier. I do notice on the FSX carrier they have catapult attachpts 31,32,33,34,35.........etc.

That is a cool effect.........:ernae:

Cheers !!

peter12213
July 2nd, 2009, 08:55
I get terrable frames with this its like 5fps conpared to normally 22fps am i doing something wrong,

wilycoyote4
July 2nd, 2009, 08:56
That is cool. I never noticed it, Hmmm, they must have attachpt's that glide down the cat shuttle path, not sure if it is something the designers does with the carrier. I do notice on the FSX carrier they have catapult attachpts 31,32,33,34,35.........etc.That is a cool effect.........:ernae:
Cheers !!
I don't know why it occurs in the accel default carrier missions and not with the AICarriers2r2 program for either the accel default carriers nor Javier's Nimitz class carriers. I don't know about the accel default carriers in FSX as AI because I've never found one, lol, although there is very little need to do so, lol.

IanHenry
July 2nd, 2009, 10:43
Wily, which Topgun missions are you refering too. I think I must have missed that one.

Regards,
Ian

wilycoyote4
July 2nd, 2009, 11:23
Wily, which Topgun missions are you refering too. I think I must have missed that one.
Ian
this may help

JT8D-9A
July 5th, 2009, 06:41
Many thanks Ed! Really cool work! :medals::applause::gameon: