PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim Albatross

Reddog
July 1st, 2009, 10:52
any one get the reverse thrust working on it yet.

sim-paticissimo
July 2nd, 2009, 01:32
We are waiting for a new .air file...

tigisfat
July 2nd, 2009, 09:32
I have to ask: Are you part of the group from www.reddogairlines.com?:kilroy:

Reddog
July 2nd, 2009, 11:00
I have to ask: Are you part of the group from www.reddogairlines.com?:kilroy: (http://www.reddogairlines.com?:kilroy:)

No sir and disregard thePM request should have looked here first:jump:

Rich
July 2nd, 2009, 23:43
See the Reverse thrust thread in the Fs 2004 section, it can be done.

sim-paticissimo
July 3rd, 2009, 02:19
Thank you Rich for the HU, but the Alphasim creator of the Grumman Albatross said that
he was working on the .air file since it discoverd that the Albatross has that function.
So we wonder when it will be ready?

Reddog
July 3rd, 2009, 04:47
See the Reverse thrust thread in the Fs 2004 section, it can be done.
tried all that in there pluse what was posted in the Albatross thread but nothing worked on it or the C123 I tried it on.

Rich
July 3rd, 2009, 18:10
These screen shots are of U.S. Airforce Gurmman HU-16 Albatross 2.0 for FS2004 by Greg Pepper and Michael Verlin and a Short sandringham with reverse thrust, note the wake I have the default Goose reversing too.

Piston prop reverse does work if it does'nt you have something wrong or you are doing something wrong, it works fine.

Phil is not convinced the Albatross had reverse and I have no idea whether it did or not

these screenies are from FSX SP2

Brian_Gladden
July 3rd, 2009, 18:31
Wish I still had the article but about 10 or 11 years ago, there was a writeup about Albatross' in Flying magazine. Once a year there is a type rating class in Vegas and on the last day, all the planes in the class fly out to Lake Mead for a picnic. The article clearly described the planes pulling up to the beach, swinging around and then reversing the props to back up onto the beach.

Brian