PDA

View Full Version : RealAir Duke Exterior Lights

Les Parson
June 29th, 2009, 17:07
Has anybody had trouble with Realair Duke Exterior Lights? I can't get any to operate. The RealAir SP1 is loaded.

OS is Vista64

papab
June 29th, 2009, 17:11
Mine work fine
Did you drop a line to the guys at Real Air?
They resond extremely fast...

http://www.realairsimulations.com/content2.php?page=support

Les Parson
June 29th, 2009, 17:56
Thank you sir; I'll do that straight away.

ryanbatc
June 29th, 2009, 18:42
Mine work fine, vista x64

Mongo
June 30th, 2009, 05:55
I'm having similar problems - the landing and taxi lights don't seem work. Thanks for the link papab!

robrealair
June 30th, 2009, 06:12
I respond to support e-mails within hours, or minutes if you catch me at the right time. :icon_lol:

All the known issues with the Duke's lights have been firmly established as being due to external influences, especially the landing lights. While the addon software not connected with RealAir is all good stuff, some of it imposes global changes which either the user is unaware of or which the addon developer doesn't fully explain.

If you have a lighting effect or other addon which changes the way lights are displayed then it is highly likely these will affect the Duke, and other RealAir aircraft. Some addon sites publish fixes for RealAir aircraft which their software changes, usually on their forums.

The DA Cheyenne globally changes the way landing lights work and quite a lot of our customers have been unaware of this.

The reason that the Duke lights are "sensitive" to other addons which change lights is because firstly, in order to overcome the exaggerated over-brightness and size of nav lights at a distance we tweaked the way that nav lights show using a perfectly allowable SDK implementation. The Duke is one of the few aircraft which does not show ridiculously large spherical lights at a distance.

Secondly, the Duke's landing lights are not arranged as a simple On/OFF switch and are separated for left, right and taxi with custom switching, again perfectly allowable under the SDK. Other addon software which changes landing lights usually apply a global On/Off master switching which ruins our custom switching.

Bottom line is that all our aircraft display all lights without issue unless you purchased or applied a third party addon which does not have a RealAir specific adjustment.

All the best,

Rob Young - RealAir Simulations