PDA

View Full Version : Tim Weisberg: Jazz flautist.....

Navy Chief
June 29th, 2009, 17:00
Beginning in the mid-70s, I started collecting Tim Weisberg recordings. Some of you may remember him from his collaboration/friendship with Dan Fogelberg on the LP, "Twin Sons of Different Mothers". That entire LP was a big hit. Great recording. Years later, they released a "sequel" to that album, entitled, "No Resemblance Whatsoever". The back of that CD had a picture of the two musicians wearing fake noses and glasses......

Dan Fogelberg's music is famous. Tim Weisberg, not so much, because he wasn't a singer. But he definitely released some great recordings.
776R-mFeJe0

NC

luckydog
June 29th, 2009, 17:01
:applause::applause::applause: :ernae:

Navy Chief
June 29th, 2009, 17:06
I forgot to add a picture of a really cool album he did, called "High Risk". Note the Blue Angel helmet.

NC

Navy Chief
June 29th, 2009, 17:08
And a lot of you will know this song, "The Power Of Gold", with Dan Fogelberg and Tim Weisberg performing in this video:

AgRoR4PFv0w

djscoo
June 29th, 2009, 18:05

Those Jazz Flautists can get pretty intense! Please tell me someone has seen anchorman here.:icon_lol:

On a serious note though, have you heard of "Project"? It's a fusion of Jazz Flute, beatboxing, and more classical influence. They have an album out, and it's pretty good (weird, but good nonetheless.).:ernae:

GMUlhuTkM3w

edit:I just realized they misspelled "cello" in the video!

TomSteber
June 29th, 2009, 18:45
My older brothers had the album "4"
Man, it's been awhile. Thanks for jogging the memory!

Navy Chief
June 30th, 2009, 05:51

On a serious note though, have you heard of "Project"? It's a fusion of Jazz Flute, beatboxing, and more classical influence. They have an album out, and it's pretty good (weird, but good nonetheless.).:ernae:

GMUlhuTkM3w

edit:I just realized they misspelled "cello" in the video!

I like the "Project"! Thanks. NC

Cazzie
June 30th, 2009, 11:17
Seen him live three times and have all of his albums Chief. One of a kind.

Caz

Navy Chief
June 30th, 2009, 12:29
Seen him live three times and have all of his albums Chief. One of a kind.

Caz

When I did a search about him yesterday, I didn't see anything current. Wonder where and what happened to him?

NC