PDA

View Full Version : Me too MIchael! Corpus Christi (WIP)

jdhaenens
June 29th, 2009, 16:09
Took a break from modelling to color correct the geo-tif and do some planting/lanscaping, hydro polys and the curved taxiway to the seawall tarmac. Also made some tarmac markings. Was too busy to look in this weekend much. Looks like I missed a good bar fight. Darn.:icon_lol:

BTW Michael...that plane is looking great!

michael davies
June 29th, 2009, 16:22
Thanks,

Planes are easy, scenery on the other hand is a black art LOL, all those excludes and....other things who's title's escape me at the moment LOL.

I like the hangers, but the water ?, is that a sim setting ?, I've seen that color in quite a few screen shots from other people, is it really that color in real life ?, I thought that was the preserve of holiday catalogues :), I'm locally more used to muddy brown LOL.

Kindest

Michael

Took a break from modelling to color correct the geo-tif and do some planting/lanscaping, hydro polys and the curved taxiway to the seawall tarmac. Also made some tarmac markings. Was too busy to look in this weekend much. Looks like I missed a good bar fight. Darn.:icon_lol:

BTW Michael...that plane is looking great!

Panther_99FS
June 29th, 2009, 16:23
JD,
Everytime I see one of your new releases, it makes me miss flying FSX...

Bone
June 29th, 2009, 16:44
Thanks,

I like the hangers, but the water ?, is that a sim setting ?, I've seen that color in quite a few screen shots from other people, is it really that color in real life ?, I thought that was the preserve of holiday catalogues :), I'm locally more used to muddy brown LOL.

Kindest

Michael

Here's a couple of shots of the Corpus Christy Bay and Mustang Island as I passed over at 38,000 feet.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/CorpusChristyBayMustangIsland002.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/CorpusChristyBayMustangIsland003.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/CorpusChristiBay001.jpg

jdhaenens
June 29th, 2009, 16:56
:icon_lol: Dang, Bone, you need to set the LOD radius on that camera! I'll try to get down there this year and let you know for sure, Michael...sometime after the time that you can fry an egg on the sidewalk.

Bone
June 29th, 2009, 17:18
It's that pesky petro-chemical haze that starts in Beaumont and spans the coast down through Corpus.

Navy Chief
June 29th, 2009, 17:19
Jim,

I really like the screenshot of the gate entrance to the base. That is not something usually scene in FS military base sceneries. That is great!!

NC

jdhaenens
June 29th, 2009, 17:27
I don't generally do Military facility gates for security reasons, but one thing I know about these gates...they're different now...

Jim

Bone
June 29th, 2009, 17:32
That golf course looks good enough to play on.

jdhaenens
June 29th, 2009, 17:42
It's less than 1ft/pixel orthoimagery with a light sharpen filter in photoshop before re-geo-rectifying it for resample to take a look. Yes, all the trees have been planted by hand...the area to the right is the rest of the course...as yet unfinished.

IanP
June 30th, 2009, 08:00
I normally stick a generic guardroom (or at least a Nissen hut, for the American bases ;)) next to my gates.

Looks excellent, Jim.

michael davies
June 30th, 2009, 08:06
OK, turquiose it is then LOL, I'm off to florida later in the year, they say its the same color around there, must confess to never haviong been anywhere where the water isnt muddy brown or dark grey blue. attached what I'm used to and thats a clean day LOL.

Best

Michael

Here's a couple of shots of the Corpus Christy Bay and Mustang Island as I passed over at 38,000 feet.

Bjoern
July 1st, 2009, 05:27
Oh wow, that looks awesome! :icon_eek:

Once you're done with all the bases, could you please give some civvie airports around the world that kind of treatment? :icon_lol:

JimC1702
July 1st, 2009, 06:40
I downloaded MAIW's Corpus Christi package and added a ton of parking using AFX. With their package you get a huge number of trainers parked at the field.

Jim, those pics look great!

Jim

Mithrin
July 1st, 2009, 11:22
Looking cool already. I really like your airports!

Shylock
July 1st, 2009, 11:43
Looks great so far Jim.