PDA

View Full Version : P-35 Guardsman

Cowboy1968
June 29th, 2009, 06:31
I have recently been playing around with some of the pre war birds. I found a plane here that can actually turn with the Zeke, but not as well with the Oscar. The stubby little P-35 is actually quite nimble on the stick. Its" main problem is like that of many of the American prewar machines. It was underpowered and therefor lacked speed.

The key in fighting this machine proper, is to find an enemy somewhere and then fall in behind. He is most likely going to try to extend the range on you. You have to keep the throttle to the firewall. This gives you a few seconds in straight line run to fire. And if, he is like most pilots he is going to panic when he hears and feels machine gun rounds, is going to go into evasive turns and tricks. This eliminates the speed advantage and the Guardsman comes into its own. It can do a fur ball with the best of them. It is nimble on the stick. It truly is a pilot's plane, but you have to remember its not a greyhound. It isn't going to out run an enemy Zeke, so you do have to watch your six.

But, if properly fought, this plane can be a jewel for those early war missions. By 1943 the speed of the new types coming into service made the aircraft obsolete, but it could still do its job in the early war.

My question is, does anyone have or know of a better model then this one?

safn1949
June 29th, 2009, 06:39
I have flown this model before and it is a serious dogfighter in a turning fight.

OBIO
June 29th, 2009, 08:10
The best P-35 I have found, unfortunately, was on Netwings. The 1% Guardsman is pretty nice. Not sure if I have it in my CFS2 archives or not...will dig out my CDs and check.

OBIO

Shadow Wolf 07
June 29th, 2009, 10:40
I may have the 1% bird if you don't OBIO

Update: I do have it and the AvHistory 1% P-36. Where do I send em? :)

Shadow Wolf 07
July 1st, 2009, 16:36
Anyone want the 1% P-35?

p14u2nv
July 1st, 2009, 19:15
The best P-35 I have found, unfortunately, was on Netwings. OBIO

Which one was that OBIO? I'm looking here and I have two but not sure which is which here. They are the 1% however...I could have sworn I had a 3rd one too tho...

OBIO
July 2nd, 2009, 00:37
The 1% P-35 that I have (someplace I think) came with two skins: a "bare metal" one and a brownish one called the Farmingdale Flash.

The only other P-35 that I know of for CFS2 is by Paul Clawson. No VC.

OBIO

Cowboy1968
July 2nd, 2009, 03:13
the package i have, i found at simviatin. and it has the above US and a Swedish skin.

Shadow Wolf 07
July 2nd, 2009, 04:36
The one I have (1%) has 2 skins as Obio says - bare metal and OD. PM me with your email address if you want her. :ernae:

rbdesign
July 5th, 2009, 12:54
http://www.rbdesign.se/S9B-2.bmp-for-web-large.jpg

This is one of approx. eight swedish paintings available on my website

Cheers! :wavey:
Richard

p14u2nv
July 6th, 2009, 08:48
Thanks for the clarification guys as I wasn't sure which was which. Getting older doesn't help either!

safn1949
July 6th, 2009, 10:23
P-35A Farmingdale Flash is the one I have,2 skins.Bare metal and od.