PDA

View Full Version : Oook...

Prowler1111
June 28th, 2009, 20:08
Gents:
After current events, iīve decided to become a silent member of these forums, SOH is a family place, where some come to gather and exchange experiences while others looking for either help or guidance,not a cheap market or a place to offer stuff or look for opinions (either good or bad), thatīs what our own forums are for.So, i will stop posting WiPīs, promos, anything related to my work (RAZBAM) in these forums, and stop posting at all, just the ocasionally punch line, to give some hell to piglet,or make aunt Milton laugh from time to time.I will crash at Caneloīs..and become a regular there..
I like this place THAT much.
So, thanks for all the attention, and good friends iīve made here, keep it this way.

Best regards
Ron C. Zambrano
aka Prowler1111

Milton Shupe
June 28th, 2009, 20:14
Well Hello Ron ... I was just thinking about you! :wiggle:

Aunt Milton :icon_lol:

Gibbage
June 28th, 2009, 20:22
The FS community is small enough as it is, we cant afford to loose valued members of the community just because of a few rotten apples. Things happen, and it seems in cycles, but the staff seem to be taking care of things.

djscoo
June 28th, 2009, 20:31
Smart man. When you look at it, most of the in-fighting here occurs when developers have to defend their products. He's not leaving...he's just not mixing business with pleasure. :ernae:

empeck
June 28th, 2009, 21:07
Sorry to hear that Ron... I understand you though...

tigisfat
June 28th, 2009, 21:09
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/why-so-serious.jpg

C'mon now, we need you here. The naval contingent is small.

dhazelgrove
June 28th, 2009, 21:41
Oook??

EEEEK!!!

Dave

jmig
June 29th, 2009, 04:07
Ron, I like seeing your WIPs. Don't stop posting.

I also, like seeing ones from other companies. It is nice to see what may be coming down the road.

kilo delta
June 29th, 2009, 04:49
Yep......please do stay on board SOH. I'm looking forward to seeing more on the WIP's too ( 'specially the Scooter's :monkies::icon_lol:).

Brett_Henderson
June 29th, 2009, 05:16
I can relate.. the recent states of affair (all forums) seem in decline. It might seem best to step back and observe for a while (though, announcing that decision seems counter-intutive, as opposed to just doing it, controversy avoided), but that won't change anything... other than dilute the quality of input.

dharris
June 29th, 2009, 05:37
Please do not stop posting wips. These give us an idea of what is coming in the pipeline, and something that we may be interested in. Don't let these nay sayers mess with your mind. The people that count, take your, and others work sereiously, and can appreciate the amount of effort that goes into these. If I see a post that is a wip, I look and if not intereted, I move on. If on the other hand if does interest me, I follow it to completion. I have found many good a/c this way. I am a "Connie" fanatic, so when I see wips I know that I may have found something of interest indeed. Without the wips, could chance I would miss out on them. Please reconsider. Most people enjoy them, those that don't, can just skip them. I for one have always enjoyed watching a house being built, more than just seeing the final product. This is my opinion, I am old, I made this far, I am taking my stand. Don:applause::applause::applause:

Prowler1111
June 29th, 2009, 05:56
Guys..thanks for your concern, but i want to leave a clean record here, my decision has nothing to do with anyone criticizing my work, hey, the very 1st thing you learn in this biz is to walk the armadillo way, itīs just that all of the sudden SOH turned into a cheap market, when what it is, is a family place.I know some SHOers walk thru my site, and some team members are also SOH members, if they decide to post WiPīs, there is no problem, but being myself the sole responsable for my outfit, i canīt be a member and at the same time, take advantage of SOH good nature.Besides, we got forums of our own, to show people what we do (not trying to steal traffic from here!)and to deal with issues regarding our stuff, at our turf.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and almost no one will ever agree about X or Y productīs quality, and discussions start, and then mayhem starts.So to keep SOH clean of all this, i take my biz where it belongs, and leave SOH for itīs real purpose, thatīs all...
Best regards
Prowler

LTCSZ
June 29th, 2009, 06:06
Well, I am not a "pro" developer, but...Last year I produced a series of airfields for FSX consisting of smaller fields here in Kansas...All generic objects so anyone could use them in FSX...They had several thousand downloads...I received, count 'em, 3 thank you's and over 40 complaints...Now, don't get me wrong; I didn't produce them for attention or adulation, just for fun and for free to contribute to the FSX community...But, the continued hassles and, in a few cases, downright nasty emails caused me to decide not to upload any additional work...I don't really know what's going on with the community...This is supposed to be fun...I understand Prowler's attitude but I am sorry to see him go...I really hope SOH can continue to be a friendly, intelligent place...I will stay here since it is one of the few places where I can get answers to my FSX questions quickly and can occasionally respond to an inquiry form someone and help them out...Hummm; think I'll go fly for a while...

Steve in Kansas

Quicksand
June 29th, 2009, 06:32
Ron, I hope as time passes, you'll at least tease us with a picture or a HU on a new product. You are family here, and you can still be family as a developer as well. You have many, many satisfied customers here, my friend...:applause::medals::guinness::icon29:

Bjoern
July 1st, 2009, 05:16
I'll miss your occasional Strike Fighters threads.

*Sigh*

DennyA
July 1st, 2009, 17:46
Ron, don't give in to the netweenies. Please continue posting as always. You're a gentleman, you're sharing enthusiasm about cool products and not just pimping stuff. You've done nothing wrong.

Folks, just ignore the naysayers, rivet counters, and whiners. Makes the Intarwebs much more pleasant. Eventually you can just spot the name next to the post and reflexively move down to the next, more constructive person. It's like how you tend not to see online ads; eventually it's effortless. :)

SirBenn21
July 1st, 2009, 19:11
No way dude.

This is where I come and find all kinds of stuff. We need the updates and news about everything and who better to hear it from but the developers themselves.

:blind::icon_eek::cool:

Ben