PDA

View Full Version : 'Tiny Homes'

Panther_99FS
October 18th, 2008, 14:32
--> http://tinyhouseblog.com/stick-built/building-the-weebee-tumbleweed-tiny-house/

Lionheart
October 18th, 2008, 15:21
Ive been to that website Panther. Some cool little structures. I like the one on the top left. Very 'modernistic'.

These would make for great country retreats. Get a little property in the woods somewhere quiet, install a mini house, rocking chair, fire pit, CD player.. ahhhhhhhhhh.... :d Isnt it grand to dream.

loganpass
October 18th, 2008, 17:25
Hey, I could figure out how to link a whole bunch of tinyhouses together into one giant tinyhouse! :cool:

Cazzie
October 18th, 2008, 17:38
I bet a tornado in Kansas would take those suckers to Oz! Careful or we'll have bankers ready to loan an unemployed person a loan on one of those!

Caz

Lionheart
October 18th, 2008, 17:59
I bet a tornado in Kansas would take those suckers to Oz! Careful or we'll have bankers ready to loan an unemployed person a loan on one of those!

Caz

LOLOL :costumes:

Dain Arns
October 18th, 2008, 23:29
I'll admit I rolled my eyes. But, when he said some folks buy them as guest houses or artists' studios, I could really see that. It would be fun for friends and family to visit, and have their "own" place, at night. Folks could sleep in and not be disturbed by the rest of the household, and have their own facilities. Heck, it'd be great for when I want to sleep in on the weekends. Hmmmm.

OBIO
October 19th, 2008, 01:36
I'd like to have one just to have a sim space where I can turn up the speakers and fly to my heart's content without disturbing anyone. What I really want for that is a Quonset Hut looking set up so I could have room to display my WW2 collection, build in a nice cockpit for flying and have an area for doing my sim work (skinning, panels, DP, and hopefully before too long..making sim planes from scratch).

OBIO

txnetcop
October 19th, 2008, 03:40
I like to write, especially westerns and war history/fiction. There are times I would like to put a smaller house(like these) in a more natural setting. I think the solitude and atmosphere would really be a plux. Twenty=five years ago my family and I built a small -two story 680 sq ft house on Big Bear Lake up above San Bernadinao.

Believe it or not it slept four comfortably (six were a little too cozy) and kept us warm in winter and cool in the summer. We built it based on something we saw in an early model pop-up trailer. It was easy to maintain and low electric use.

We sold it after my first family had grown and of course divorce almost forces you to liquidate everything you own. I saw it not too long ago and noticed it was solar powered by the new owner. Not much had changed except that he built a two story balcony and porch combo instead of my one upper level balcony-wished I had thought of it.

Good story, and no I'm not a tree-hugger, but I do believe we live in way too much space when there is only two of us and kids dropping in once in a great while. Besides these things are just darn cute.:applause:
Ted

Buddha13
October 19th, 2008, 08:28
Hi all,
This looks like a cross between a shed and a caravan.Had both,still got the shed.
Bit of a curiosity but no more in my mind.
Still it takes all kinds.

Buddha13