PDA

View Full Version : German airbases are due .....

achim27619
June 28th, 2009, 12:50
Hi all,

with Ramis help (Checking and re-checking all and everything) I finally managed to finish a package of 31 German airbases.
New (or replacements of the original airbasesdat - file are: Hofolding, Munich-Riem, Ainring, Breitscheid, Lippe, Ailertchen, Neubiberg, Koethen, Alteno, Bonn-Hangelar, Eutingen, Wiesbaden, Illesheim, Kitzingen, Leipheim, Moenchengladbach, Plantlunne, Rotenburg, Schongau, Stendal, Thalheim, Markersdorf and Varrelbusch.

Memmingen, Oberschleissheim, ListSP, Uetersen, Holtenau, HoltenauSP and Flensburg have been released in previous packages.

Additionally there are Kloten in Swizerland and Sturup und Southern Sweden for all those crippled bombers which cannot make it back to their home bases in England.

Lastly there is Ilanza in Yugoslavia on a special request of Rami (Obviously for secret missions inserting agents and material into the occupied Yugoslavia).

I will upload the lot first thing tomorrow.

In my opinion with all the other German airbases to be found here Germany is pretty much covered.

Now is the summer break for me and where I am going to work afterwards I don' t know so far - any suggestions.

Cheers

Achim

Rami
June 28th, 2009, 13:04
Achim,

I have no suggestions for now....let's give the others a turn.

Just to a suggestion to you guys...don't suggest France. Achim isn't a fan. :icon_lol:

Morton
June 28th, 2009, 13:09
Very good stuff Achim!! Thanks!

Morton :ernae:

achim27619
June 28th, 2009, 13:31
Hi,

I have just uploaded the package.

Cheers

Achim

Rami
June 28th, 2009, 13:57
Achim,

Thanks, these have already been put to use and are much appreciated! :ernae:

kelticheart
June 28th, 2009, 14:43
Nice job Achim!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you very much!

I hope you chose to include the layout files this time around, too.

I like to keep sceneries separated by nationality, in this way I could take the GSL objects of the Swiss, Norwegian and Yugoslavian airstrips out of the pack and create separate GSL files for them.

I have been doing this for a while with your first ETO-various pack, it took me a while to extract all the layout files with M. Wright's GSL tools, but I am almost there.

It also allowed me to add a few more trees here and there and I love the results! :d

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Rami
June 28th, 2009, 15:22
He did include them this time. :wiggle:

Ravenna
June 28th, 2009, 17:23
Achim.
Since you are asking, I'll put my hand up for the RAF station at Haifa. I have the plans (bought from the RAF museum) and would gladly scan and email them to you. Haifa was used as a base for Blenheim IVs during the 1941 campaign to neutralise Vichy forces in the Levant. Later it was used to provide air support for the attempt to retake Cos.
It is hard to think of anything else to suggest....you have been very thorough in covering continental Europe on the western front. How do you feel about moving East and doing a set of bases in Poland?
cheers,
Mike:ernae:

Rami
June 28th, 2009, 18:02
Ravenna.

He already did!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=9099

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13324

Ravenna
June 29th, 2009, 05:18
Oops!:redface:

pstrany
June 29th, 2009, 19:07
Since the question was posed, it would be nice to have Lager-Lechfeld. As well, perhaps Rhein-Main, Munich-Rieim, Achmeer, and maybe even Ainring? Some of these have been done (but not Lechfeld!) but they are all starting to show their age.......

Paul

Rami
June 30th, 2009, 06:03
Pstrany,

Munchen-Reim was made and placed in this package, along with Ainring. After a well-deserved break, Achim had mentioned doing a few more bases in Germany, so if you have any formal requests, send him an e-mail or PM. :engel016:

BTW....Munchen is the German name for Munich, in case you aren't aware.

Wulf190
June 30th, 2009, 06:41
Great fields! Yet I didn't find the gsl files for the new fields...:icon_lol:

kdriver
June 30th, 2009, 06:45
Well done Achim - thanks very much.

The GSL file appears to be missing from the package. I am sure it's up to your usual high standard.

Kevin

Rami
June 30th, 2009, 06:51
Here, I'll place it here for now....and then I'll let him know he needs to do an addendum.

Just make sure you use GSLman to add it.

Wulf190
June 30th, 2009, 06:53
Tanks Rami!

voyager
June 30th, 2009, 06:54
Thanks Rami,

I was just going to ask where the gsl file was.

Thats service!

voyager

achim27619
June 30th, 2009, 09:10
Sorry for forgetting to put the gsl-file into the package.
I just have uploaded it.

Cheers

Achim

Wulf190
June 30th, 2009, 23:57
Achim... did you ever do the airfield of Gravesend?

achim27619
July 1st, 2009, 00:12
Hi Wulf,

I don' t think so but now it is on my to-do list.

Cheers

Achim

Rami
July 1st, 2009, 02:02
Wulf190,

Gravesend has already been done, it's an addendum to Gary Bruns' BoB airfield pack.

Download this and follow the instructions: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=1210 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/../downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=1210)

Add the scenery and texture files to the CFS2BoB bases folder, and then just add the GSL gob.

hewman100
July 1st, 2009, 03:34
Would you consider boosting the number of RAF airfields in the Norfolk?

You've covered Coltishall I know, but how about the 2 Group and 100 Group bases such as Little Snoring, Marham, Swanton Morley, Foulsham, Oulton, Swannington, Horsham St Faith (now Norwich Airport), West Raynham, North Creake, Downham Market and Great Massingham.

There's also the Coastal Command stations of Bircham Newton, Docking and Langham.

Just a shameless plug for my home county.:icon_lol:

Rami
July 1st, 2009, 04:32
Bircham Newton was covered, along with Oulton (misspelled Ouston)

Wulf190
July 1st, 2009, 07:56
Thanks Rami!

Now I'm down to Interlaken being the last TAF2 airfield in my install.

Rami
July 1st, 2009, 08:30
Yeup...Achim said that one's a bit tricky.

miamieagle
July 2nd, 2009, 07:32
Request are beign made by members in the interest of making this Hobby better. Very good and very interesting!:ernae:

miamieagle
July 2nd, 2009, 07:35
Achim, Thank you very much!

Now we have Airbaes in every Theater of World war two!

hewman100
July 3rd, 2009, 02:00
As there's been a mention of Gary Bruns BoB pack, how about a reliable Hawkinge please Achim?

I still have to fiddle with it cos the bloomin' buildings don't show up:kilroy:

Shessi
July 3rd, 2009, 13:34
Many thanks Achim!

As Hewman states with the Norfolk County based airfields. Any chance of these for the ol' nightfighter flying?

Cheers Shessi

achim27619
July 3rd, 2009, 14:01
Gentlemen,

now I have on my to-do list:
Haifa, Lager-Lechfeld, Rhein-Main,Achmer, Little Snoring,, Marham, Swanton Morley, Foulsham, Swannington, Horsham St. Faith, West Raynham, North Creake, Downham Market,Great Massingham, Interlaken, Hawking (as a replacement on hewman100 request) and I will look into Norfolk County based nightfighter airfields.

It will take some time before I can start building them because my summer vacation will begin next week.

Cheers

Achim

Rami
July 3rd, 2009, 14:05
Enjoy your vacation, we have enough for now, my friend. :ernae:

achim27619
July 3rd, 2009, 14:12
If I am not entirely mistaken I have built so far some 290 airfields (Africa, Med and Europe) in the last two years.

This lot will take the number beyond the 300 mark.

Not bad, eh....

Cheers

Achim

Rami
July 3rd, 2009, 14:23
Your first pack was uploaded on May 17th, 2007. All of the Med bases, Poland, and much of Europe. Your track record is beyond question. Thanks again! :ernae: