PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

dhasdell
June 28th, 2009, 10:37
I keep looking at FSX and am getting more and more tempted. My current comp will just about run the original demo, but not really well enough to take the plunge. For what it is worth, my FS9 runs fine apart from high density areas. I have read, though, that the current FSX with SP runs faster than the original. Is this true enough to make the difference I need?
:wavey:

Bjoern
June 28th, 2009, 11:18
Post your system's specs and we'll take a look at how well FSX will run for you. :)

And yes, the service packs improved FSX's performance big time. It's still a hardware hog though.

dhasdell
June 28th, 2009, 21:21
Thanks. I have a HP running XP with SP3, Intel4 PCU, 2.20 Ghz, 2.00 Gb of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6600. I'm not sure what RAM the graphics card has, but it's standard, not upgraded.
:wavey:

blazefox2
June 28th, 2009, 22:06
most of that youll be fine but i highly recomend that you upgrade your processer i have a 9400gt i got it for about $60 but i still want to go higher

dhasdell
June 29th, 2009, 01:02
So, on balance, worth a try?

txnetcop
June 29th, 2009, 01:46
I have seen FSX work fairly well on less, just keep the eye candy to a minimum and you just might have a reasonably good experience. Good luck
Ted

Bjoern
June 29th, 2009, 03:29
So, on balance, worth a try?

Honestly: No.

Then again: FSX Gold seems to be fairly cheap now, so trying it won't hurt your wallet too much.

dhasdell
June 29th, 2009, 05:13
OK - thanks. If it will look poorer than FS9 I'll wait for a new comp.

Now, OT: how was my post #3 above edited by someone I've never heard of almost three years before it was written?

harleyman
June 29th, 2009, 05:24
OK - thanks. If it will look poorer than FS9 I'll wait for a new comp.

Now, OT: how was my post #3 above edited by someone I've never heard of almost three years before it was written?

Thats from a HDD server back up that had to be used when SOH was hacked..

disreguard it..We all get them from time to time...LOL

dhasdell
June 29th, 2009, 06:32
Thanks - I wondered if it might be some sort of senior moment gold!
:ernae: