PDA

View Full Version : Just Flight Flying Club Duchess- What a sweet little Aircraft!!

papab
June 27th, 2009, 17:59
I just got this sweet little Aircraft. What an outstanding job! Fantastic FPS,extremely clear VC and what a blast to fly...And all for $22 US dollars.
Everyone needs to get this little GEM, you won't be sorry...

http://justflight.com/product.asp?pid=388

harleyman
June 27th, 2009, 18:56
Hmmm...I have been looking this over as well..

I like the look of it...Am glad to hear you endorse it...

I might need to make it mine...

How is the sound set ?

Helldiver
June 27th, 2009, 18:59
Nice airplane. Just a fragile nose gear. Ride on the mains as long as you can. No bombing of the runways.
Had one a Van Nuys that lost his nose gear just last week.

papab
June 27th, 2009, 19:03
Hmmm...I have been looking this over as well..

I like the look of it...Am glad to hear you endorse it...

I might need to make it mine...

How is the sound set ?

The sound is GREAT!
From their site:
Quote "The FSX version uses the new FSX sound system in which the sounds change as you move around the outside of the aircraft. The FSX version also features specular and bump mapping as well as FSX-style gauge night lighting. The textures are optimised to give an ultra-real look and reflection maps have been included so that the textures reflect the environment"

I highly recommend this Aircraft-Go get it Now!! You won't regret it!!!

harleyman
June 27th, 2009, 19:27
Done deal...Sold...Its as good as mine..

To me , Sound over textures anyday...... I look at the scenery , and listen to the engine(s) spin.....

Now thats living....But this ones a good looker too!!!!

papab
June 27th, 2009, 19:35
Done deal...Sold...Its as good as mine..

To me , Sound over textures anyday...... I look at the scenery , and listen to the engine(s) spin.....

Now thats living....But this ones a good looker too!!!!

After your first flight let me konw how you like it.......
Rick

calypsos
June 28th, 2009, 00:34
Ugh, do I see a pair of 'virtual co-pilot' hands in that VC, if you cannot remove the 'dummies' from the VC, I shall be buying this!!!!!

harleyman
June 28th, 2009, 03:22
Very nice little cruiser....

How do you bring up that little box with all the features on it once dropped...??I have not read the manual yet if there is one...LOL

And those passengers need to go....:icon_lol:

papab
June 28th, 2009, 04:15
Very nice little cruiser....

How do you bring up that little box with all the features on it once dropped...??I have not read the manual yet if there is one...LOL

And those passengers need to go....:icon_lol:
There is a manual
Program/MS Games/FSX/ Just Flight/ Flying Club Duchess

Plus a paint kit......

astrojet
June 28th, 2009, 06:06
And those passengers need to go....You can click on any of the passengers to remove them, but it only removes them in the vc. They still appear in spot view. There may be a way to remove them from the external model, but I haven't figured out how to do it.

By the way, the flight model is excellent. Very nice hand-flying airplane, just like the real thing. The Duchess has trailing link main landing gear, so it's hard to screw up a landing. Not impossible...just hard. :d

harleyman
June 28th, 2009, 06:27
This is a very cool airplane...The interior is probably not what most would consider perfect..But..hey..who looks at the panel all day? that leads to causalaties..

Its a great plane for my GA type of hopping about...

I have not figured out how to turn on auto-pilot yet..But I got the manual.Overlooked it the first time..but I found it..LOL

Its cool how the pilot will get out and secure the pland ...

papab
June 28th, 2009, 09:43
This is a very cool airplane...The interior is probably not what most would consider perfect..But..hey..who looks at the panel all day? that leads to causalaties..

Its a great plane for my GA type of hopping about...

I have not figured out how to turn on auto-pilot yet..But I got the manual.Overlooked it the first time..but I found it..LOL

Its cool how the pilot will get out and secure the pland ...

My copy will not do that
I hit shift+E+4 and nothing happens

Engines off
Brakes on

Any ideas?
Rick

astrojet
June 28th, 2009, 13:40
My copy will not do that
I hit shift+E+4 and nothing happens

Engines off
Brakes on

Any ideas?
RickTry a fresh reload on the airplane, then use Ctrl+Shift+F1 to shut down the engines.

papab
June 28th, 2009, 16:13
Try a fresh reload on the airplane, then use Ctrl+Shift+F1 to shut down the engines.

Thanks Bunch!! That worked!!!
Rick

papab
June 28th, 2009, 16:21
A few More:
http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1246238347.jpg
http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1246247944.jpg
http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1246252522.jpg
http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1246326631.jpg
http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1246326612.jpg

Naki
June 28th, 2009, 16:36
Nice shots ..especially like the lightning shot....never been quick enough to capture lightning ..even if I slow the sim down

harleyman
June 28th, 2009, 16:41
WOW....Nice shots there Papab...

Bad weather is so fun to fly in...I am having a ball with this little plane..

papab
June 28th, 2009, 17:13
WOW....Nice shots there Papab...

Bad weather is so fun to fly in...I am having a ball with this little plane..

This is a Gem!!!!!

I love bad weather flying as well...

thunder100
June 28th, 2009, 23:25
Hi

As I am apart Connies in GA twins,I bought this weekend the Carenado Seneca and after this thread also the Duchess

Apart the installation process for which i seem to be too stupid (5 times fail) plane itself is very nice,and easy to fly

Also if somebody finds a way to get rid of the passenges pls give me a PM(Opening the door in flight did not work)

One question

What is the gauge which puts the Plane REG number on the fuselage?

Thanks for the suggestion -->nice experience

Roland

Constellation/Starliner Team

PS:Carenado Seneca is better but also more costly

Lionheart
June 28th, 2009, 23:39
Awesome panel! Thanks for the heads up on this.

:ernae:

Bill

RAS_JF
June 29th, 2009, 03:48
Hi Chaps,

If you want to get rid of the passengers in the external model then just use the default FS load editor to adjust the passenger weight and it will remove them for you.

harleyman
June 29th, 2009, 04:01
Hi Chaps,

If you want to get rid of the passengers in the external model then just use the default FS load editor to adjust the passenger weight and it will remove them for you.

Great...Thanks...its just the co pilot hinders my views..The dudes in the back are cool with me..LOL Great plane though..Love the sound set and clickable cockpit...Now..if I can just figure out that dead Auto-Pilot...

Hmm...Guess I need to read the manual...

RAS_JF
June 29th, 2009, 07:47
The dudes in the back are cool with me

Excellent, that's me behind the pilot ;-)

rbdesign
June 29th, 2009, 08:51
Very nice plane!! Must get it at ones...
I use to fly those from San Diego to L.A ( Van Nuys several times) to Las Vegas and Phoenix, logged almost 200 hours in that plane. Great plane to fly. To bad it had such a crapy heater during the winter times.

harleyman
June 29th, 2009, 08:57
Very nice plane!! Must get it at ones...
I use to fly those from San Diego to L.A ( Van Nuys several times) to Las Vegas and Phoenix, logged almost 200 hours in that plane. Great plane to fly. To bad it had such a crapy heater during the winter times.

LOl It had a bad heater...Like the old Volkswagon heater then..Almost none....

@ RAS_JF....If I knew that I would have had to razz you a bit on it......:icon_lol:

Anneke
June 29th, 2009, 11:42
No sticky post for this one? Nice plane it is for sure :icon29:

papab
June 29th, 2009, 15:34
Excellent, that's me behind the pilot ;-)

Just Flight did an extremely good job on this aircraft
Can't stop flying it since my purchase......

Now the Connie???

doublecool
July 4th, 2009, 08:58
Any Ideas on A2A lights for this puppy...light section in config is a little missing :kilroy:

Tim-HH
July 16th, 2009, 06:03
Justflight has released SP1 for the Duchess and a 10-day demo version:)

>Flying Club Duchess< (http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsID=1275)

Greetings
Tim

Cactuskid
July 16th, 2009, 20:02
Justflight has released SP1 for the Duchess and a 10-day demo version:)

>Flying Club Duchess< (http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsID=1275)

Greetings
Tim

I took the demo for a spin today, and I was impressed. Nice airplane! I went ahead and bought it, and I'm quite pleased. I went for a demo ride in a real B76 when I was considering getting a ME ticket, and this model seems pretty close... At least pretty good for the price...

I'm hoping that one of you artists will do some skins with either US or Aussie registries! :jump: