PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! X-52 broke.

Gibbage
June 27th, 2009, 17:16
Sigh. Not a good time for my stick to quit working, right as the weekend starts! ARG!

Now im in a bit of a tight spot. The X-52 was getting a bit wonky, in that the stick would stop working, and the throttle would work. The only thing that would fix this is if I unplugged the usb, plugged it back in, and it worked. The problem got progressive, and its not the cable attaching the two devices. Now, I cant fly for 1 min without it going sour. I dont want to deal with that any more, so its gone. The tight spot is, I was hoping the thing would last till that Logitec HOTAS was out! I still have months to go! ARG!

You guys reccomend a cheep stick? The X-52 throttle still works, so I will keep that. I just need something to point the aircraft in the proper direction till I can save up the $$ for the Logitec and its out. Also, anyone have a similar problem with there X-52?

harleyman
June 27th, 2009, 17:24
The Logitec 3D Pro is a good cheap choice...I have one thats been going for years now...

Its basic, but does a good job and has like 11 programable buttons and a throttle...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5796515&type=product&id=1058188350464&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5796515

Hope this helps

deathfromafar
June 27th, 2009, 18:09
Gibbage, one of my friends had his X52 break down similar to yours. He contacted them and sent it back for repairs. They sent him a brand new one with a new throttle. Get in contact with them and see what you can do. My experiences with Saitek have been very positive.

StickMan
June 27th, 2009, 18:17
The X-52 stick is so cheap. It is all cosmetic looks but a fart can blow it over with just that spring to center it. I have gone though three since FSX. The throttle is solid.

deathfromafar
June 27th, 2009, 18:29
3? Geez. I still have my original from 2005 without having a single issue with it so far. My X45 had some issues but was fixed free of charge by Saitek.

StickMan
June 27th, 2009, 21:10
Yeah 3, I guess I need rudder peddles because twisting the X-52 over time has always broken them for me. Always becomes uncalibrated and never get back in the dead zones. I would have gotten something else but the only HOSAT in my local stores is X-52. Currently this X-52 I'm flying now clicks hen I make yaw movements so I guess it to is going soon and the new logtech is at my local store so buy X-52 soon I hope.

Nick C
June 27th, 2009, 21:52
My second X-52 Pro is going 'wonky' too and it honestly doesn't get that much abuse. The first one had a connection problem where the wire from the throttle entered the stick, resulting in intermittent signals. This replacement seems to be getting very cranky around the spring and in fact sounds as though the spring is going to break.

I might pull out my MS FF2 joystick. Untill I got my first X-52, it had lasted for 6 years, through some very heavy CFS use for 4 years of that time and never let me down once.

Gibbage
June 27th, 2009, 22:24
How long is the warranty? I have had this a long time and dont have a receipt.

deathfromafar
June 27th, 2009, 22:59
I'm not sure on the warranty but my friend bought a used one off Ebay that worked for 1 week then went Tango Uniform. He called them and they had him send it back for repairs(just the stick). They shipped him back a brand new one with the throttle at no cost! Not saying the same will happen in your case but contact them and see what they can do and for how much.

Gibbage
June 27th, 2009, 23:30
I'm not sure on the warranty but my friend bought a used one off Ebay that worked for 1 week then went Tango Uniform. He called them and they had him send it back for repairs(just the stick). They shipped him back a brand new one with the throttle at no cost! Not saying the same will happen in your case but contact them and see what they can do and for how much.

OK. Worth a try. Ill check there web page. Thanks!

VFR Reviews
June 28th, 2009, 05:17
If you can wait (which it sort of doesn't sound like) you could wait for Logitech's new G940 this September (I think).

jmig
June 28th, 2009, 05:32
I have a CH Products stick and throttle assembly. When I was looking to buy I remember reading where someone said, "The CH Product joystick isn't fancy. However, I works and continues to work. You never hear of people having to replace parts." (This was in reference to the Thrustmaster's pots and bearing issues.)

That was three years ago. My stick and throttles still work like the day I bought them.

modelr
June 28th, 2009, 06:03
My X-52 is an early release, and has had no problems. I do get an inactive stick if I plug in the usb plug before hooking the cable between stick and throttle. I just unplug the usb, and reinsert, and all is well.

I have the rudder pedals, so don't use/abuse the twisty.

My Saitek yoke is one of the ones that had the random button push problems, but I never sent it in, seeing that even some of the replacements were acting up also. But mine has cleared up with use. Haven't had any random effects in about 6 months.

Scenium
June 30th, 2009, 09:56
Pheeeeew! I thought I was alone at "wasting" X52:s.

I've had one X52, and two X52 Pro that have stopped working for Me.
The X52 and My first X52 Pro had the same problem as Gibbage described.

And this is what happened when the first X52 Pro broke down:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z194/CrizeCaldron/DeadSaitekX52Pro.jpg
I had a really bad month and completely lost my temper when the joystick stopped working...:gameoff:

I'm currently waiting for shipping papers so I can send back My second X52 Pro that stopped working about a month ago or so.

And I'm not sure if I want a replacemet joystick from Saitek, can't they buy Me the new Logitech G940 instead? lol:jump:

Thorbjörn

Naismith
June 30th, 2009, 11:32
What do you people do to these j/s to break them? I have had my X-52 for 5 years and no issues at all it is a fantastic stick and used daily............................................. .............

Oh sheesh just sat on it LOL

harleyman
June 30th, 2009, 18:40
What do you people do to these j/s to break them? I have had my X-52 for 5 years and no issues at all it is a fantastic stick and used daily............................................. .............

Oh sheesh just sat on it LOL

LOl Aerobatics.....:gameon: