PDA

View Full Version : Question for those running Windows7

PutPut
June 27th, 2009, 11:11
I have been happy with Windows XP Home for several years. I passed on Vista but will upgrade to Win7. (I plan to take advantage of one of the reduced price preorder offers from MS) Will the home edition of Win7 be suffcient for Flight Sim activities? Thanks for the advice-----Paul

Henry
June 27th, 2009, 11:14
im using win7 on my xp box
i replaced xp with win 7
and its better
my vista box is a better pc but ive got everything there
i would realy like to put win 7 on it
but i do not want the trouble of reloading it all
H

RyanJames170
June 27th, 2009, 11:41
yes it will be but if i was you i would go with pro.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

harleyman
June 27th, 2009, 13:41
I have been happy with Windows XP Home for several years. I passed on Vista but will upgrade to Win7. (I plan to take advantage of one of the reduced price preorder offers from MS) Will the home edition of Win7 be suffcient for Flight Sim activities? Thanks for the advice-----Paul

Yes it will..those that are using the 64 version of it are very happy with its performance......I assume that Home is the 64 bit version????

I just paid my 49 bucks........

SkippyBing
June 27th, 2009, 15:21
I'm very happy with the RC, 64bit. I'm getting better performance than XP in FSX. As I understand it you can get it in 32 or 64 bit versions for any edition apart from starter which I think is 32 bit only.
I don't know if you have to decide when you buy it or when you install though. I believe one scenario that was discussed is that the disc includes all versions and that the license on the box decides what you get, with the option of upgrading online.