PDA

View Full Version : FSD/Milviz YF-23 OUT NOW!

krazycolin
June 27th, 2009, 10:25
The YF-23 was designed to compete with the YF-22 in the Advanced Tactical Fighter (ATF) program and to meet USAF requirements for survivability, supersonic cruise and with all-aspect stealth as a high priority. FlightSim Developers and Military Visualizations are pleased to present their high detail representation of this fascinating aircraft. An astoundingly fast aircraft with what was described as fearsome acceleration, this production includes every switch and functional system represented down to the operational ejection seat. The aircraft is designed specifically for use with FSX Gold or Acceleration and the YF-23 runs as good as it looks. Please visit the FlightSim Developers (http://www.fsd-international.com/) Hanger to see it for yourself.

Quixoticish
June 27th, 2009, 10:29
Is there a repaint kit included in the package?

krazycolin
June 27th, 2009, 10:34
Not in the package but coming in the next two days or less as a separate download!

Quixoticish
June 27th, 2009, 10:35
Splendid. In that case i'm off to purchase now! :)

krazycolin
June 27th, 2009, 10:37
Thanks!

Henry
June 27th, 2009, 11:10
Too much Horsepower for me
But i will sticky it
looks great
H

Quixoticish
June 27th, 2009, 11:21
Ran into a few problems with this one krazycolin, sent you a PM.

Tim-HH
June 27th, 2009, 11:37
The modeling looks really good! :applause: But all the FSX default gauges are not my liking...especially not the Cessna ADI :kilroy:

Greetings
Tim

krazycolin
June 27th, 2009, 11:44
Did you get an error on installation?

kc

Quixoticish
June 27th, 2009, 11:50
Did you get an error on installation?

kc

I did indeed. Something about dll.xml not being able to be backed up. Error 273 if memory serves.

krazycolin
June 27th, 2009, 11:52
Could you please un-install and install again and make sure that the error code is correct.

that way we're on the same page.

In terms of the FSX default gauges, those will be replaced by 3D gauges in a 1.1 release in the next two weeks or so.

kc

krazycolin
June 27th, 2009, 11:53
Support issues should be taken to FSD's site from now on. Someone there will respond to any and all issues. Don't want to fill up this thread with Q and A.

Thanks,

kc.

N2056
June 27th, 2009, 11:53
Are you trying to install while FSX is running? That could be the problem.

Quixoticish
June 27th, 2009, 11:55
Error 273. "Could not create the file to make a backup of the FS X file "dll.xml"! This is likely due to problems in your Windows environment, or with your security permissions. We recommend you exit this installer, reboot your computer, and then start again."

Edit : Sorry Colin. Already posted over at FSD.

N2056; no, that isn't the problem.

krazycolin
June 27th, 2009, 12:00
are you an administrator on your system?

Quixoticish
June 27th, 2009, 12:01
Yes, I'm an administrator.

Do you want to take this to PM to avoid cluttering the thread?

krazycolin
June 27th, 2009, 12:01
A good plan.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 27th, 2009, 12:10
The only FSX native gauge used was for the MDF Screens and they were customized for use with this aircraft , instructions for running the screens were included on the kneeboard reference page.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
All the 32 others were crafted for this aircraft <o:p></o:p>

Tim-HH
June 27th, 2009, 12:18
The only FSX native gauge used was for the MDF Screens and they were customized for use with this aircraft , instructions for running the screens were included on the kneeboard reference page.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
All the 32 others were crafted for this aircraft <o:p></o:p>

Thanks for the info, Chuck! Maybe someone should update the screenshots on the FSD page ;)

Greetings
Tim

Tim_FSD
June 27th, 2009, 12:33
[QUOTE=Chris H;202251]Error 273. "Could not create the file to make a backup of the FS X file "dll.xml"! This is likely due to problems in your Windows environment, or with your security permissions. We recommend you exit this installer, reboot your computer, and then start again."

The core problem here is that the installer was unable to locate the critical Flight Simulator file dll.xml in the expected location. This would be the folder where the rest of your FS X configuration files are. The usual path would be:
For Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml
For Windows Vista:
C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml
Where [user_name] is the name of your Windows login account. The file must have this entry in it in order for the software to work properly:
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSDX</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>FSDX.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

If you are still having problems drop us a line at helpdesk@fsd-international.com

Tim Dickens
FlightSim Developers

Tim_FSD
June 27th, 2009, 12:35
The modeling looks really good! :applause: But all the FSX default gauges are not my liking...especially not the Cessna ADI :kilroy:

Tim,

The picture on our website is an earlier image duing the production process. The ADI is actually a 3D ADI, modeled exactly after the one in the read YF-23.

Gibbage
June 27th, 2009, 12:37
Im very much looking forward to the screenshots! :ernae:

jmig
June 27th, 2009, 12:42
I tried to purchase the aircraft but I always get the following:
Unable to create cart! This may be due to cookies being disabled in your browser, or from viewing this page from a bookmarked link.

My cookies are not disabled...they work just fine ;)

Tim_FSD
June 27th, 2009, 12:47
I tried to purchase the aircraft but I always get the following:
Unable to create cart! This may be due to cookies being disabled in your browser, or from viewing this page from a bookmarked link.

My cookies are not disabled...they work just fine ;)

This means that you in fact do not have your browser set to accept all cookies. We recommend you review this publication from Microsoft on how to manage cookies in Internet Explorer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q283185/

Make sure it is set to accept all cookies and allow all cookie sessions.
If you still are experiencing problems it means you have driver problems or other system issues, such as some kind of software firewall, which we cannot address from our end. If you are using a browser other than that which comes with Windows we really cannot provide any support for it, as we have no familiarity with whatever browser you may be using.

Let us know if you still have a problem.

jmig
June 27th, 2009, 12:49
This means that you in fact do not have your browser set to accept all cookies. We recommend you review this publication from Microsoft on how to manage cookies in Internet Explorer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q283185/

Make sure it is set to accept all cookies and allow all cookie sessions.
If you still are experiencing problems it means you have driver problems or other system issues, such as some kind of software firewall, which we cannot address from our end. If you are using a browser other than that which comes with Windows we really cannot provide any support for it, as we have no familiarity with whatever browser you may be using.

Let us know if you still have a problem.

I use Mozilla Firefox like at least one half of the people on SOH.

And, YES my cookies are enabled. Thank You.

Now, do you want to help me buy the product or preach to me.

Tim_FSD
June 27th, 2009, 12:54
John,

We are trying to help you. What we are saying is that there are many shopping carts in use today that do not work well with Mozilla/Firefox. Since Internet Explorer comes with Windows it is available to you. We reccommend you try using IE, making sure it is set to accept all coockies, and then try again.

Also, problems getting on secure web pages are sometimes caused by pop-up blockers or anti-spyware software. This could be a problem as well.

jmig
June 27th, 2009, 13:00
Ok, Tim. I apologize if I snapped at you. I will try and download it directly from my FSX computer using EI.

Nick C
June 27th, 2009, 13:40
Tim, this could also be how Cookies are being handled by your shopping cart software. If the cookies are set to remain for something like 4 hours on your customers PC, try setting them to exist for 48 hours instead.

I've had this occur on a shop I built and that was the solution.

deathfromafar
June 27th, 2009, 14:12
I can't access the purchase page in either Firefox nor IE. This is a "No Sale" for me. Sorry.

VFR Reviews
June 27th, 2009, 14:28
Looks beautiful!

Ugh, I wish I could have gotten this one :monkies:

Tim_FSD
June 27th, 2009, 14:38
I can't access the purchase page in either Firefox nor IE. This is a "No Sale" for me. Sorry.

Not sure what you mean when you say you can't access it. Are you receiving some kind of error message?

Aside from not having all cookies anabled, some problems can be caused by popup ad blockers or anti-spyware programs that misenterpret the new windows as being an ad.

Hope this helps.

deathfromafar
June 27th, 2009, 14:54
Everything was set accordingly, no issues at all with any other servers or browsers. Just can't access the purchase page. It will simply not proceed nor display. I can't buy it if I cannot access it.

peter12213
June 27th, 2009, 15:03
excellent thanks for the up guys been looking forward to sampling milviz's work!

deathfromafar
June 27th, 2009, 15:16
Tim, myself and 2 other friends trying to buy it ran into the same problem. My friend just called me and informed me he had issues with IE on Windows XP. He switched over to his wife's laptop with Vista and everything worked fine. I am going to do the same shortly using my other PC with Vista and IE. Geez, sometimes the hoops you got to jump through to get these things working! (Where's my Advil bottle!-LOL)

peter12213
June 27th, 2009, 16:45
I use xp but sounds like its what happened with the skysim mirage to me!

Roger
June 27th, 2009, 17:01
Hmmm....a new release with no screenshots yet?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 27th, 2009, 17:16
http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=253120

David Roch<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Administrator from Avsim took some great ones
with a brief review that covers the reason we made this
" Kudos to FSD for this fantastic airplane (http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/YF23/Index.htm)
If you want some adrenaline and fun, this bird is for you :--)) "

tigisfat
June 27th, 2009, 18:29
Hmmm....a new release with no screenshots yet?

Ask and you shall recieve!! These are beta though.

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-16_11-3-52-782.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_1-4-13-794.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_1-5-27-734.jpg

deathfromafar
June 27th, 2009, 18:31
Got er up and running. Very powerful, very maneuverable! Looks sharp as well. Hoping to see some good repaints of this bird come along. Good "What If" type stuff.

An-225
June 27th, 2009, 18:33
Someone should tell them that they spelt Northrop wrong on the website.

krazycolin
June 27th, 2009, 19:02
They know.

Tim_Horton
June 27th, 2009, 19:25
"get high, go fast?" I hope your not trying to tell the young ones that doing drugs is acceptable as long as your flying a yf-23!! Just kidding. Love the plane, should ask Nick N or Banana Bob to make up some Really stunning Screenshots for this babe. Marketing it would be a lot better with some good crisp "Jaggy free" photos. *Wait I see its the compression of the photos, but I know you understand*

Good work guys!@

PS, if you want me to run some photos through Lightroom I have some Really awesome presets to make it look good.

Rezabrya
June 27th, 2009, 19:39
I bought the plane and I like it except for a few small problems. Wondering why it is so zoomed out by default. It is tiny in the FSX preview window. My other question is one that you will see in the attached screeny below. There is a white bar to the left of my HUD. there is also a little tiny see through part on one of the switches on the panel to the left. I just found it, It is above the throttle quadrant. The line that seperates the box with the rest of the panel has a tiny little see through spot.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 27th, 2009, 20:07
Hello Raptor11 , thanks for reporting the items in your post , they will be investigated and the solutions found released in the service pack.

Rezabrya
June 27th, 2009, 20:11
Thanks so much for the quick response. Thanks for lookin into it!

deathfromafar
June 27th, 2009, 20:13
Also regarding the HUD, the Flight Path Marker is off center to the right.

Sideshow
June 27th, 2009, 20:22
Whats with all the keyboard warriors on SOH lately :173go1:

Back on topic:
Just got it and initial impressions are very good! Well done FSD and Milviz. Given how much they want for it I think this one is very good value.

Now I'm off to see what she can do :wavey:

PS I also have the white bar on the HUD issue but good to see it will be resolved.

Sideshow
June 27th, 2009, 22:41
Just quick observation that maybe you could look at. It appears the left MLG door disappears when viewed from the right (see attached). You can see the rear of the door outline but not the door itself. The right hand door does not have this problem.

deathfromafar
June 28th, 2009, 01:45
A couple of other observations. Going back and looking at video, the gear retraction and extension sequence on the model is far too slow. Also, regarding the flap settings, during take off and landing, the leading edge slats should hang down considerably and the trailing edge flap deployment are full span similar to the Hornet with the outer section going into aileron mode post flap sweep up.

I also went in and added more Stabilator effectiveness. The actual YF-23 didn't have Thrust Vectoring but the design of the extra large stabs and the FCS logic setup gave the YF-23 incredible pitch and yaw maneuvering moments. Especially at low speeds. Adding the extra punch to the pitch in the config file deffinitely gave the model more maneuver power!

It has been argued that the F-22's TVN system is a waste of time and adds unneeded complexity to the design and more maintenance nightmares. Not that the YF-23 gave up enough in term of maneuverability to call it inferior at all. The YF-23 was far more stealthy and faster. The "Official" reason the F-22 won was cost. But looking back, that may have been a serious error in judgement by the Air Force(not the first or last).

Enjoying this model for sure! :ernae:

Good video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVG9xgHefzg&feature=related

Lazerbrainz2k3
June 28th, 2009, 04:12
It is, of course, very difficult to prove that a production F-23 would have been significantly less expensive than the F-22A. Prototypes and demonstrators rarely reflect the true cost of an operational variant - and virtually never do with engineering this advanced, even excluding thrust vectoring. It's just the nature of the beast that this is so. Such speculation is interesting, but without Northrup having done the same research and development which Lockheed did to make their prototype operational (nevermind the expensively fickle mind-changing of procurement officials for it to fit new roles - from F-23 to F/A-23 and back to F-23, etc.), we'll never know.

Back to this model - in case anyone is offended by the spectacular performance of this aircraft (ha!), if you go into the aircraft.cfg's station.load section you can activate the loads for four each of Sidewinders and AMRAAMs.

tigisfat
June 28th, 2009, 04:21
Love the plane, should ask Nick N or Banana Bob to make up some Really stunning Screenshots for this babe. Marketing it would be a lot better with some good crisp "Jaggy free" photos. *Wait I see its the compression of the photos, but I know you understand*

What exactly is wrong with my screenshots? Not a lot of people do better. There is also no way or reason to upload a 10 megabyte file to a file service. The compression makes sense to me. Those screenies are pretty sharp.

If you want, I can attempt to email you the original maxed-out hi-res shots from my 24" monitor. Like I said, they are 10 megs a piece and go beyind most people's full screesn several times over.

Roger
June 28th, 2009, 04:47
Nothing wrong with those shots mate!:engel016:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 28th, 2009, 04:51
Your Screenshots are perfect Tig , its the set on the website that are in need of an update.

Re the gear bay door thanks , neither i nor any of the beta team spotted that , i will get it fixed and included in the service pack due out next Weekend.

Cag40Navy
June 28th, 2009, 05:13
Whats with all the keyboard warriors on SOH lately :173go1:

Back on topic:
Just got it and initial impressions are very good! Well done FSD and Milviz. Given how much they want for it I think this one is very good value.

Now I'm off to see what she can do :wavey:

PS I also have the white bar on the HUD issue but good to see it will be resolved.

where or who's hanger is that??

jmig
June 28th, 2009, 05:23
I only got to do a quick takeoff, vertical climb to 70,000 K feet. WOW that was something ( on a touch and go clearance from the tower too).

Good old FSX, after seeing the edge of the sky go black, while I was upside down and pulling through the horizon, I descended back to the airfield below me. Tower cleared me and did I my T&G. :)

During my 20 mins. "kick the tires and lite to fires, never mind the manual" flight I had no problems with control. Just watch the throttle settings. At approach speeds it is very sensitive. I did see the white bar others have reported but it went away quickly.

I wish FSD had published some basic speed numbers in the Dash-1 for power and speed settings. I did look for that. I tend to fly by numbers. Tell me roughly 30% and 170K on final and I will set up for that.

On my second approach I was able to set up and fly the final turn from the perch at 150K or so, and flared around 135k. Nothing broke.

Then mama called and I had to get ready for a dinner party. Hope to fly more today.

Panther_99FS
June 28th, 2009, 06:14
Nick N or Banana Bob to make up some Really stunning Screenshots for this babe. Marketing it would be a lot better with some good crisp "Jaggy free" photos. *Wait I see its the compression of the photos, but I know you understand*

Good work guys!@

PS, if you want me to run some photos through Lightroom I have some Really awesome presets to make it look good.

What exactly is wrong with my screenshots? Not a lot of people do better. There is also no way or reason to upload a 10 megabyte file to a file service. The compression makes sense too me. Those screenies are pretty sharp.

If you want, I can attempt to email you the original maxed-out hi-res shots from my 24" monitor.

In defense of Nick Churchill,
When you got so some payware companies (Aerosoft for one) and look at their marketing screenshots, the vast majority are done by Nick Churchill....even the small size shots....:engel016: Nick is sought after by quite a few payware vendors when it comes to marketing their products website screenshots...

Some of Nick's excellent work for those who are interested is below - Note the vast list of commercial vendors that have solicited Nick's work...
--> http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/gallery_index.html

Panther_99FS
June 28th, 2009, 06:38
I forgot to add - here are some independent reviews used with Nick's excellent ability to capture a screenshot (note the cover art included with the screenshot)
--> http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/review_index.html

Tim_FSD
June 28th, 2009, 06:42
Oops...you're right. Dawmnded kejybuoard

All fixed.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 28th, 2009, 09:50
The Painkit is now available in a layered PSD format

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/YF-23_PaintKit.zip

Sideshow
June 28th, 2009, 16:54
where or who's hanger is that??

It's the default Edwards Air force Base. Quite an interesting place to explore with a few little surprises.

BananaBob
June 29th, 2009, 04:04
Boom! :ernae: Left the FPS on purpose, smooth man! That's the res I play at, hope I don't get in trouble for the size :running:
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8550/kickit.jpg

Sideshow
June 29th, 2009, 06:07
Beautiful Bob, just beautiful!

I'm having a lot of fun with this plane :applause:

VFR Alexander
June 30th, 2009, 14:31
A few questions:

1. What does the A/B look like?
2. Is there a manual to look at before-hand? I like to study before I get.
3. Are all / most of the switches functional?

Sideshow
June 30th, 2009, 23:46
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with FSD (just a happy customer) so the following may be interpreted as merely conjecture and speculation :monkies:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

A few questions:

1. What does the A/B look like?

I am not currently able to access my FSX computer so I can't show you a shot of it. That said, FSD are planning to release a service pack soon which will be updating the AB so even if I could show you it will not look the same.

A few questions:

2. Is there a manual to look at before-hand? I like to study before I get.

I don't believe you can preview it the on their site. What I can tell you is it is 50 odd pages reasonably detailed.

A few questions:

3. Are all / most of the switches functional?

Most of if not all the switches move, some even having multiple positions. Not all switches are functional though. Obviously all the standard FSX functions have working switches but some of the more advanced switches that would alter the flight characteristics for example don't have a function in FSX. All in all though I believe there should be enough to keep you amused.

Hope this helps.

deathfromafar
July 1st, 2009, 00:25
It is an excellent model despite a few minor issues which have been documented by the Dev Team. Hopefully all will get sorted out in the first service pack. It is a blast to fly!

wilycoyote4
July 1st, 2009, 12:44
Boom! :ernae: Left the FPS on purpose, smooth man! That's the res I play at, hope I don't get in trouble for the size :running:

1920 x 1080 ----faint:isadizzy: gasp, woozy,

good screeny :applause::ernae:

noddy
July 1st, 2009, 14:07
Great shot Bob.

krazycolin
July 4th, 2009, 03:17
The update has been released along with a paint kit. All problems and or comments were dealt with. If you own it, please feel free to go and get it.

Also included is the Thunderbirds repaint by Gibbage.

thanks,

kc.

Quixoticish
July 4th, 2009, 03:58
How do we actually get to the updated file?

Following the on this page doesn't seem to lead anywhere:

Sideshow
July 4th, 2009, 04:29
Thanks Colin, but like Chris I'm a bit confused as to how to get it. Do we need to re-download the package or is it a separate patch?

By the way I love the look of the afterburner in the new screenshot :applause:

deathfromafar
July 4th, 2009, 04:54
Was kinda wondering about how to access the update myself. Tried to redownload a newer version of the file but the page went nowhere. Do we need to access the new version of the file/installer from the FSD site or can the newer version be installed from the current installer?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
July 4th, 2009, 05:55
The Updated version is available HERE (http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDevelopersYF23.exe)
Or by redownloading from the same link as was originally used and running the installer,
there are no bits and pieces to hunt down , it takes two moments and a couple of mouse clicks .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Happy Fourth of July ! , the Thunderbird Aerobatics Team repaint is perfect for the occasion<o:p></o:p>

deathfromafar
July 4th, 2009, 05:56
Just to advise anyone who has the YF-23 and to anyone from FSD who might see this message on a holiday. Seems the link for updating/redownloading the YF-23 is broken. That is the message I am getting when trying to download the updated installer.

Thanks Chuck! You beat me by a minute or two in posting. Once again, thanks for helping us get the update!

Happy Fourth of July back to you!

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 07:51
Hello Raptor11 , thanks for reporting the items in your post , they will be investigated and the solutions found released in the service pack.

Hi

Bought it today and it is excellent value - but I would like a fix for the probs Raptor reported as it is so zoomed out it ruins the external view.

Well done again on a superb product.

Regards

GJ

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
July 5th, 2009, 07:59
That is one problem with FSX that i can’t solve, its related to the Model Radius from the 0 point and in this case it’s at the wings root cord where its supposed to be , but this leaves a substantial portion of the aircraft sticking out front and that effectively increases the radius .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
In FS9 i could set the aircraft radius but not in FSX , the scroll wheel was able to deal with zooming in or out so i had to live with an FSX foible ... its<o:p></o:p>
unfixable. <o:p></o:p>

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 08:04
Never mind and tx for the rapid reply - I notice some other paywares occasionally have the problem.

Tx again for a great product. :ernae:

Rezabrya
July 5th, 2009, 08:15
A friend told me that to fix the zoome dout problem, you can hold ctrl and - and that will physically move the eyepoint and not just move it in. Although it is annoying to do everytime you fly it, it fixes the problem. Thanks for fixing the annoying white bar in the HUD and is that a new AB effect I see?

krazycolin
July 5th, 2009, 08:28
Yes. It's new!

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 08:37
A friend told me that to fix the zoome dout problem, you can hold ctrl and - and that will physically move the eyepoint and not just move it in. Although it is annoying to do everytime you fly it, it fixes the problem. Thanks for fixing the annoying white bar in the HUD and is that a new AB effect I see?

Hi Raptor - yes but the problem is that you make photo real scenery out of focus if you zoom in - it is not just the aircraft that you enlarge.

Never mind - its great to fly and the views from the VC are stunning up high.

noddy
July 5th, 2009, 08:53

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 09:10
Fantastic shot Noddy - how did you zoom to get the scenery sharp? Or is that a optimum height to capture it?

BananaBob
July 5th, 2009, 09:39
Ctrl plus - or + should be every screenshotter's best friend. Slightly edited shots. :ernae: Great shots too Andy. :ernae:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3472/yf23burst1.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4106/yf23burst2.jpg

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 09:47
Great Shots Bob - and that ctl +- worked tx

Here is a shot only with some exhaust shimmer added. As it was a test flight I thought I would stay legal and have lights on!!

noddy
July 5th, 2009, 11:04
And I was going to say magic! :mixedsmi:

Thanks guys, and Bob great 2nd shot.

deathfromafar
July 5th, 2009, 11:10
A couple of questions for Chuck. First, regarding the flaps and slats. I have followed the checklist on setting the flaps and slats and can't seem to get them set for take off configuration no matter what I do. Not sure if it is me missing something or if the deployment of the surfaces(both leading and trailing edges) are modeled correctly in at least as takeoff or landing configs are concerned. In-flight control & flap/slat operation seems to be correct for the VMS (Vehicle Management System) of the actual YF-23.

The other issue still taken note of is that the landing gear retraction and extension seems slow.

Here's the video again that I posted before pointing out some of the things mentioned above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVG9xgHefzg

krazycolin
July 5th, 2009, 11:28
I can only answer part of the questions here so here goes.... the flaps, flaperons and leading slats are all controlled automatically UNLESS you turn that off. It's described in the manual how to do so. To be honest, you don't need the flaps/slats extended to either takeoff or land. But, given that, below a certain speed the flaps will extend.

for the rest, I'll leave it to Chuck.

kc

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
July 5th, 2009, 11:44
I can offer you an alternate .CFG with flaps lowered on the ground if you like as well as the gear extension and retraction somewhat faster, this aircraft does ballistic takeoffs and is over its stall speed so fast that the flaps on ground were not needed for takeoff in FS , i coded these to be automatic and to variably deploy when below 196 and be at their max at stall speed but as soon as you hit the ground they retract .

Be sure to back up the original , we have a pilot on staff who did the .cfg and two others who were jet pilots on the beta team , one of them a carrier pilot as well who were instrumental in making this model behave as it was described and we were grateful for their input through the beta tests.

Its too bad we couldn't get Paul Metz to do some testing for us but he was one lucky fellow ,
its with this model we get to share in his fun , guess that makes us lucky as well
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 12:21
Hi Chuck

I have noticed that in dawn or dusk lighting that the rear undercart does not match the front in the way the light hits them. Can try to get a screen shot if it would help?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
July 5th, 2009, 12:59
More FSX capriciousness i guess.

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 13:24
More FSX capriciousness i guess.

It does not happen on any other aircraft I own.

See image - The nose wheel is correctly lit by the light from both into and from sun angles but the rear wheels are opposite - very odd!

DennyA
October 4th, 2009, 14:51
Hey folks,

Just got the YF-23 with my FSD P-38 purchase. (Thanks for that! The two-for-one is what made me break my $25 cap for planes, FYI...)

Having panel issues -- my MFDs and other instruments are dark. Tried flipping various switches and no luck. Wondering if it might be an install problem? This is under Win 7 RTM x64.

MenendezDiego
October 4th, 2009, 15:24
I had the same problem as Denny, also recieved mine by purchasing the P-38. I'm running Accel, on Windows Xp

Regards, Diego

DennyA
October 4th, 2009, 15:41
Yep, running Acceleration here as well.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 4th, 2009, 17:11
Please Email Tim with your situation so he can get you guys up and running, he is the " Installer Dude " and knows how to get this set right.

Sorry i cant be of more help , C.J

Lateral-G
October 4th, 2009, 18:08
I worked on the YF-23 back in the day. If you can find a video of her coming in to land.....every control surface is moving around like you wouldn't believe. The computer was basically flying the plane. The pilot could put whatever control input he wanted but if the computer didn't like it then it wasn't gonna happen.

Were you able to model the control surfaces going all over the place like the real thing during approach and touch-down?

-G-

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 4th, 2009, 18:27
Yes , its all automated

MenendezDiego
October 4th, 2009, 18:34
thanks chuck, I've gone ahead and sent Tim a pm here on SOH

DennyA
October 5th, 2009, 18:13
Any luck, MenendezDiego? Tried flipping all the switches, etc. but no instruments. Given that none of the backup instruments except the artificial horizon are showing up, I don't think it's just the electrical startup.

MenendezDiego
October 5th, 2009, 18:15
No luck Denny, and I concure, I don't have the backup gauges either, just empty black circles. Tried everything.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 5th, 2009, 19:02
Good news , looking through the dll.s that shipped with the P 38 and preparing the update that problem was resolved as well and will be included with the updated installer, as the model fixes are finished it should be posted shortly .

CJ

DennyA
October 5th, 2009, 19:28
Ah, thanks much, Chuck! So when the new stuff is posted we just need to re-download/install both P-38 and YF-23, right? Or just the P-38?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 5th, 2009, 20:08
Just the P 38

MenendezDiego
October 5th, 2009, 20:31
Any idea if there is a fix for those of us who aren't getting any gauges for the YF-23?

DennyA
October 5th, 2009, 20:56
MD, I think Chuck's saying that the P-38 update will fix whatever DLL file was causing the instruments not to appear in the YF-23.

MenendezDiego
October 5th, 2009, 20:57
Oh ok, roger!

doublecool
October 6th, 2009, 04:15
Funny but Not funny

I purchased this aircraft when it first came out

I also purchased the P-38

start reading how the P-38 effect the YF-23

and sure enough gauges not working... showing I'm not sure I like that one aircraft effects that other so easy

...anyway to stop that in the future :kilroy:

falcon409
October 6th, 2009, 05:54
It does not happen on any other aircraft I own.
See image - The nose wheel is correctly lit by the light from both into and from sun angles but the rear wheels are opposite - very odd!
Actually I don't see anything wrong with that gajit. The nosewheel in the top image is not shaded from the sun because of the narrow nose /fuselage surface, so it would get more light. The main gears, have the entire wing surface to shade them from any light, hence they appear in shadow. Very natural lighting effect actually.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 6th, 2009, 10:47
http://69.13.144.131/product/files/Fsdx.zip

Anybody with the gauges not showing up can put the contents of this zip file in their main FSX folder and all should be well

MenendezDiego
October 6th, 2009, 12:51
nope didnt work...going to try and uninstall the yf-23, install it, and add that ddl

papab
October 6th, 2009, 12:59

Anybody with the gauges not showing up can put the contents of this zip file in their main FSX folder and all should be well

In the P-38 folder?
Confused

MenendezDiego
October 6th, 2009, 13:14
Negative papab, copy and paste the ddl file into your main fsx folder, c, program files, microsoft games, microsoft flight sim (in there). Just reinstalled the yf-23, going to give it another try

MenendezDiego
October 6th, 2009, 13:15
nope didnt work

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 6th, 2009, 18:11
http://69.13.144.131/product/files/Fsdx.zip , with the greatest of humility let me offer our apologies for the mixup and a link to the newly updated file that will restore function to the YF 23 , time to punch holes in the sky at M2.5 :jump: !

MenendezDiego
October 6th, 2009, 18:39
chuck...still nothing. no back up gauges, no mfd, no hud. gauges are just black empty circles

HippyEd
October 6th, 2009, 18:54
Same here Chuck. Also lost the gauges on my P38 Redbull.

MenendezDiego
October 6th, 2009, 18:58
Guess I'll go check if I lost my gauges in the Redbull aircraft as well...

edit: Yea the gauges on the Redbull aircraft are also gone on my pc

spotlope
October 6th, 2009, 19:49
Chuck, I can confirm that using the last fsdx.dll you posted doesn't bring back my F-23 gauges either. Still dark.

falcon409
October 6th, 2009, 19:57
Chuck, I can confirm that using the last fsdx.dll you posted doesn't bring back my F-23 gauges either. Still dark.
Wow, I had already purchased the "other" P-38, but I was still looking at buying the YF-23. Think I'll wait and watch for a bit, lol.

DennyA
October 6th, 2009, 19:59
Not to pile on, but just to confirm: Neither the one I downloaded this morning nor the one I grabbed a few minutes ago (much smaller dll) fixed the instruments. This one, in fact, caused FSX to pause for about 30 seconds upon loading the YF-23 cockpit.

MenendezDiego
October 6th, 2009, 20:07
agreed with Denny, we aren't piling on lol.

Infact I'm very thankfull that you guys gave us the YF-23 for free, whether it works or not, it's the thought that counts. And it's clearly evident that you guys have been trying to fix the issue, so hats off to ya!

Diego

Tim_FSD
October 6th, 2009, 20:27
Not to pile on, but just to confirm: Neither the one I downloaded this morning nor the one I grabbed a few minutes ago (much smaller dll) fixed the instruments. This one, in fact, caused FSX to pause for about 30 seconds upon loading the YF-23 cockpit.

The sim will often pause a bit when loading the YF 23 or other planes this complex. 30 seconds seems a bit long, but I have had FS X pause on me for that long on a lot of occasions loading all kinds of things. And then sometimes it seems there are no pauses loading the same thing.

Can I suggest you reboot and then try it again? If it continues to always take this long to load let me know and I will see if I can figure out why.

Tim_FSD
October 6th, 2009, 20:28
In the P-38 folder?
Confused

No, into the root FS x folder.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Tim_FSD
October 6th, 2009, 20:31

I think you do not have the last one I posted. Please try downloading it again:

It should clear up that problem.

Tim_FSD
October 6th, 2009, 20:34
Wow, I had already purchased the "other" P-38, but I was still looking at buying the YF-23. Think I'll wait and watch for a bit, lol.

This has not been a problem for the YF 23. It was a problem I introduced accidentally when I updated our drivers for the P38, which needs to initialize differently than the previous aircraft. The last fix I posted should clear that up.

That notwithstanding, i will personally guarantee that you can get the YF 23 loaded and installed perfectly, or I will refund your purchase. We stand behind everything we sell.

boxcar
October 6th, 2009, 20:40
*EDIT - Apologies, Tim. Just noticed my posting this on the YF-23 thread instead of the P-38 release one. Will post there as well.

* Now the YF-23 that I've had & enjoyed for some time before release of the Lightning
will not load in FSX, also locking it up before the flight is fully loaded. It flew fine before,
absolutely no problems with here whatsoever until the '38 was installed.

All other appropriate matters have been cut/pasted into the P-38 release thread now, thanks.

MenendezDiego
October 6th, 2009, 20:45
Tim, will try and restart my pc, then try the YF-23, brb

MenendezDiego
October 6th, 2009, 20:55
No Joy :(

Jim Goldman
October 7th, 2009, 02:31
I will add to the discussion that the new FSDX.DLL does not resolve the missing YF gauge issues, and the new FSDX.DLL also broke the Commander.... now the Commander does not display the VC. :(

doublecool
October 7th, 2009, 03:05
I can confirm the commander's VC does not show??? :isadizzy:

HippyEd
October 7th, 2009, 04:00
Also, still no gauges here on YF23.

spotlope
October 7th, 2009, 07:01
I think you do not have the last one I posted. Please try downloading it again:

It should clear up that problem.

No, that's the one I've got. It not only doesn't clear up the problem, but after installing it, I no longer have a GPS unit in the restored P-38 either.

boxcar
October 7th, 2009, 07:02
I can confirm the commander's VC does not show???

FYI: Same here, just checked: no Commander gauges now either. Am not going to fly any more of my beloved FSD fleet until resolution of these issues for fear of breaking them too. Other addon aircraft other than FSD planes are seeming to be fine here at this point.

Oddly, my FSX is starting much slower now on initial program startup. Over 60 seconds to load a fresh flight with other aircraft as well, compared to less-than-30 seconds before to completely load a fresh flight. Wondering if these could be related to the other issues being expressed here. Strange.
Thanks, guys. Standing by for as long as it takes, no hurries...

Tim_FSD
October 7th, 2009, 08:36
It is likely you don't have the current driver file. It is likely because there was some confusion over the file that was posted yesterday, as it was replaced once and as someone noticed, it was of a noticably smaller file size. It seems certain that that file was corrupt. I have replaced the file, which you can get here:

Unzip this into your root FS X directory. Then you should have normal displays in both the YF 23 and the Commander.

Sorry for the mixup.

spotlope
October 7th, 2009, 08:57
Tim, I've unzipped the fsdx.dll from your message and installed it, and the problem persists. Something is still amiss here - in fact, it seems to be worsening. Here's a screenshot from my P-38 restored VC after installing this dll:

boxcar
October 7th, 2009, 09:17
It is likely you don't have the current driver file. It is likely because there was some confusion over the file that was posted yesterday, as it was replaced once and as someone noticed, it was of a noticably smaller file size. It seems certain that that file was corrupt. I have replaced the file, which you can get here:

In hoping to help shed some light, no files have been downloaded & installed here with the exception of the 1st original P-38 download/full installer. FYI.

No worries here. Will likely just uninstall the Lightnings & wait for the full meal deal to get all packed up into one installer.

*EDIT-

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/Nouninstall.gif

...nor does the P-38 show up in "Uninstall a program", though the YF-23 shows there. Am stuck here, Tim.

Tim_FSD
October 7th, 2009, 12:47
In hoping to help shed some light, no files have been downloaded & installed here with the exception of the 1st original P-38 download/full installer. FYI.

No worries here. Will likely just uninstall the Lightnings & wait for the full meal deal to get all packed up into one installer.

*EDIT-

...nor does the P-38 show up in "Uninstall a program", though the YF-23 shows there. Am stuck here, Tim.

Likely it is just not reading your registry, or does not have permissions to do so.

Why are you trying to uninstall? If you need to contact me direct you can do so at td@fsd-international.com.

Tim_FSD
October 7th, 2009, 13:01
Tim, I've unzipped the fsdx.dll from your message and installed it, and the problem persists. Something is still amiss here - in fact, it seems to be worsening. Here's a screenshot from my P-38 restored VC after installing this dll:

Bill,

Does your panel.Restored panel.cfg have these entries?

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=512,1024
texture=$p38_2

gauge00=FSD_G480_Avionics!GMA347, 0,0,511,163
gauge01=FSD_G480_Avionics!SL30, 1,606,511,193
gauge02=FSD_G480_Avionics!GNS480, 1,177,510,384
gauge03=FSD_G480_Avionics!KFC225, 0,833,509,172

spotlope
October 7th, 2009, 13:09
Hi Tim,

Yes, I've got those entries.

Bill,

Does your panel.Restored panel.cfg have these entries?

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=512,1024
texture=$p38_2

gauge00=FSD_G480_Avionics!GMA347, 0,0,511,163
gauge01=FSD_G480_Avionics!SL30, 1,606,511,193
gauge02=FSD_G480_Avionics!GNS480, 1,177,510,384
gauge03=FSD_G480_Avionics!KFC225, 0,833,509,172

doublecool
October 7th, 2009, 15:44
I got the same as Bill:kilroy: on the P-38
and yes I have those line in my panel config for the P-38

But my commander seem OK with new file given

but my YF-23 no instruments

HippyEd
October 7th, 2009, 17:12
I've got the same problems with my YF23 and Redbull P38. New file made no difference.

Thanks and good luck.:wavey:

Quixoticish
October 7th, 2009, 23:15
I've just checked and I've lost the gauges in the YF-23 since I installed the P-38 and I appear to have the same problems as spotlope (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?u=71347) regarding missing Redbull P-38 gauges. The new file makes no difference either way.

boxcar
October 8th, 2009, 06:27
Likely it ... does not have permissions to do so.

Highly unlikely, Tim. UAC off, all run as administrator, permissions granted.

Why are you trying to uninstall?

As stated before, Tim:
"No worries here. Will likely just uninstall the Lightnings & wait for the full meal deal to get all packed up into one installer."

*Translation- Am not wanting to have to mess with manual editing to get these planes working correctly & to stop breaking
other FSD planes of mine so I'm willing to wait for the problems to be found, corrected & those corrections put into the full installer.

This is why I tried to uninstall the Lightnings, but they won't uninstall either right now without extra work that I simply
do not have the head & heart space to perform right now. The fact is that that there are problems with this latest package
for many of us & am simply not wanting to have to deal with this extra hassle until you have a correctly functional P-38
full installer ready that will work correctly & not screw with my other beloved FSD planes like the Commanders, '23s & '38s.
And please, everyone- do not mistake this post as being negative. Far from it. Just stating the facts, is all.
One would be hard pressed to find a bigger FSD fan then I, having made 14 purchases from them over the years.
Am simply trying my level best to communicate here. As a brain-injured, disabled veteran, this is not so easy to
do many times. Hopefully my position here now is clearly understood now.

Tim_FSD
October 8th, 2009, 14:50
If you have not received an email from us already, <style type="text/css"> body,table,td,tr,p,input {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif; font-size: 11px} hr {height: 1px} </style><style> <!-- .mlescript {BORDER: dotted 1pt #800000; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Courier New; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; OVERFLOW-X: visible; OVERFLOW-Y: visible; OVERFLOW: visible; HEIGHT:20px; WIDTH:80px;} --></style>we have been working the driver problem causing a loss of gauge visibility as a result of installation of the P38. We have determined that a change made in the XML driver used for both planes caused a compatibility problem that resulted in the YF-23 not initializing correctly. We have repaired that problem and created a patch file for the YF23 that will replace that driver, plus on driver for the YF 23, making it compatible with all of the initialization routines used in the P38. The patch file is 6 MB in size and may be downloaded here:

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDevelopersYF23sr.exe

(http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDevelopersYF23sr.exe)
We are very sorry for the inconvenince caused by this problem, which really should have been corrected in the beta process. If you have any questions or problems please feel free to contact me at td@fsd-international.com

papab
October 8th, 2009, 15:24
If you have not received an email from us already, <STYLE type=text/css> body,table,td,tr,p,input {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif; font-size: 11px} hr {height: 1px} </STYLE><STYLE> <!-- .mlescript {BORDER: dotted 1pt #800000; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Courier New; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; OVERFLOW-X: visible; OVERFLOW-Y: visible; OVERFLOW: visible; HEIGHT:20px; WIDTH:80px;} --></STYLE>we have been working the driver problem causing a loss of gauge visibility as a result of installation of the P38. We have determined that a change made in the XML driver used for both planes caused a compatibility problem that resulted in the YF-23 not initializing correctly. We have repaired that problem and created a patch file for the YF23 that will replace that driver, plus on driver for the YF 23, making it compatible with all of the initialization routines used in the P38. The patch file is 6 MB in size and may be downloaded here:

(http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDevelopersYF23sr.exe)
We are very sorry for the inconvenince caused by this problem, which really should have been corrected in the beta process. If you have any questions or problems please feel free to contact me at td@fsd-international.com

Downloaded this current patch

Loaded FSx ,selected one of the three YF23 aircraft..

It will not load the aircraft-

When I select one of the 3 YF23-FSX comes back with a Fatal error and reboots

Still not working!
I know you will figure this out...
Rick

doublecool
October 8th, 2009, 15:40
Ya, I'm getting the same fatal Error :kilroy:

FSD will get this right though :ernae:

HippyEd
October 8th, 2009, 16:08
Same fatal error here too. Red Bull gauges all show now.

spotlope
October 8th, 2009, 16:25
Fatal error here, too with the F-23.

doublecool
October 8th, 2009, 16:29
This is what I have now

P-38 redbull gauges back but still the Pilot heat shows and gen light?
Commander is all screwed up no VC and has jambed so I get about (-50 FPS)
and the Fatal error on load of YF-23

I know FSD will fix this but here it is in a nut shell
I purchased all three produce

Now the P-38 is effecting all three.

If this is how FSD plans to do future planes buy tying them all together so if one is screwed they all are, I would like to KNOW that now...

I have never made a purchase of another aircraft including FSD's and the one product effected or was tied to the other?

I do not want to go through this again

Don't get me wrong I love FSD planes I have them all, but this is :isadizzy: and not fun

Tim_FSD
October 8th, 2009, 16:37
Fatal error here, too with the F-23.

This is not something I can duplicate here. I need to know what fatal error you are receiving. If Windows throws an error like this there is a link for more information, where you can get more specific details.

Let me know and I will look into it ASAP. I am going back and forth to the hospital for my wife and am in and out all the time. But I will get it resolved fast.

Quicksand
October 8th, 2009, 16:39
Tim, you see to your wife FIRST..... This can be resolved in due time. I hope everything is alright....

doublecool
October 8th, 2009, 17:08
Tim, you go take care of family...It comes first

I'm not going anywhere and I know FSD isn't either

My best to yours

N2056
October 8th, 2009, 17:18
Geez! Tim, please ignore this for now and take care of your wife. I think we can all wait a bit given the situation. My prayers are with you & your wife...take care.

Tim_FSD
October 8th, 2009, 18:40
Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. I no sooner got there than the sent us both home now.

I guess I have been spreading myself too thin. Everything should be getting back to normal now.

Quicksand
October 8th, 2009, 19:56
Tim, please don't let the P-38 or the YF-23 be an issue if your wife needs you. As has been said, we'll be here for the duration, and our prayers are with you two......

spotlope
October 8th, 2009, 20:08
I'm happy to hear that she's been sent home. That's just got to be a positive sign, right? I'm with the others - family comes first, always. As an aside though, I thought you'd like to know that the latest fix you sent worked great. I've got my YF-23 gauges back, and all the ones for the Red Bull P-38 as well. Nice work! :ernae:

DennyA
October 8th, 2009, 20:16
I installed it and got the instruments in the YF-23 and the modern P-38. All seems well. I did have a lockup after exiting FSX once, but that may be coincidence, as I couldn't repeat it.

wilycoyote4
October 8th, 2009, 21:28
Tim, please take care of your wife.

IanHenry
October 8th, 2009, 22:40
Hi Tim,
Your wife’s wellbeing must take priority, after all this is just a game!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Ian.

DennyA
October 8th, 2009, 22:55
Tim,

Just saw the messages about your wife. Hope she's doing better. Family first!

My system seems good now. In quick testing on the YF-23 and the Red Bull P-38, the only issue I can find is a "couldn't authorize" message at the top of the screen in the YF-23 if you pull up the Shift-1 pop-up HUD.

Tim_FSD
October 9th, 2009, 06:47
I really appreciate the kind thoughts from all of the. It shows that the Internet can be more than a portal for information. It can also be a gateway to friendship.

Keep the blue on top!

Tim_FSD
October 9th, 2009, 06:51
The first path I put up last night to correct the P38/YF 23 compatibility issues was obviously done in too much of a rush and caused some problems. I have corrected those issues and re-uploaded. I have had some PMs telling me everything is working well know If you did not download it I recommend you do so:

If anyone still has any issues about this, or any other YF 23 issue please let me know here.

We should have our new forum software up any day now, and when it is ready, we invite everyone to participate.

HippyEd
October 9th, 2009, 08:09
You nailed it Tim. Everything works like a charm. Thanks. You can get some sleep now.:jump:

Quicksand
October 9th, 2009, 11:24
:applause:Thanks, Tim. Everything is working right now for me. Your efforts are much appreciated..:medals::icon29::guinness:

XLR8
October 9th, 2009, 12:29
Maybe some one can help me with this small problem. I tried the YF-23 demo, 2 day thing. But I never get a email for the link. I have tried 2 times and waited for days between each. Any ideas ?

Thanks

papab
October 9th, 2009, 13:48
The first path I put up last night to correct the P38/YF 23 compatibility issues was obviously done in too much of a rush and caused some problems. I have corrected those issues and re-uploaded. I have had some PMs telling me everything is working well know If you did not download it I recommend you do so:

If anyone still has any issues about this, or any other YF 23 issue please let me know here.

We should have our new forum software up any day now, and when it is ready, we invite everyone to participate.

Latest patch works Great!
All better now!!!

That YF23-WOW....

Tim_FSD
October 9th, 2009, 14:44
Maybe some one can help me with this small problem. I tried the YF-23 demo, 2 day thing. But I never get a email for the link. I have tried 2 times and waited for days between each. Any ideas ?

Thanks

You might want to check your spam filter. A lot of filters and mail servers will put any automated email there.

That notwithstanding, if you want to download the YF23 demo you can do so here:

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDevelopersYF23demo.exe

If you want to purchase it you can order it from the YF23 web page:

http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/YF23/Index.htm

Let us know if you have any questions.

doublecool
October 9th, 2009, 15:01
Well I go to load the YF23 and she acts like she is going to load she just never does and it locks me form trying to even shut down fx so I have to shut down thru task manager which states not responding

I reload FX and the P-38 locks down and in task manage just state not responding

and honestly I didn't even want to try the commander but I did and I seems to be working, FPS ok again

Sorry I hate being the last guy with who needs this looked at but its not right on this new computer

I can't even tell ya what the puter doing cause it locks up so it never give me a window with fatal error any more. :kilroy: at least with it, it will list issues files

Tim_FSD
October 10th, 2009, 05:38
Well I go to load the YF23 and she acts like she is going to load she just never does and it locks me form trying to even shut down fx so I have to shut down thru task manager which states not responding

I reload FX and the P-38 locks down and in task manage just state not responding

and honestly I didn't even want to try the commander but I did and I seems to be working, FPS ok again

Sorry I hate being the last guy with who needs this looked at but its not right on this new computer

I can't even tell ya what the puter doing cause it locks up so it never give me a window with fatal error any more. :kilroy: at least with it, it will list issues files

First of all, did you install the patch that corrects YF23 loading problems after you have installed the P38?

While you are at it, you might as well download the new Service Release we just posted for the P38 as well:

http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/P38/sr.htm

If you still have problems send up a flare and we will help you out.

Rezabrya
October 10th, 2009, 10:37
Tim, you may have already done this but what I would suggest is to put all of these small patches and service packs into the main installer, make a new thread so people see and tell eveyone to reinstall with the new installer. It seems like you have many things floating around and it is very confusing. Please build it all into a new installer and post them.

boxcar
October 10th, 2009, 10:56
Well guys, decided to download & install this latest patch & take another chance here. P-38 seems fine, all gauges there (but no recognition
lights coming on. Only tried the "Factory Fresh" model) & the YF-23 seems intact gauge-wise (though both marker lights are green??)

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/YF-23RecognitionLights.jpg

As expressed before, my loading attempts for the Commander are continuing to cause fatal errors after correctly installing this
latest service release, APPCRASH due to faulty FSDX.dll. This plane was flying perfectly before the initial P-38 full install.

Am not wanting to beta test this stuff. Have relayed enough good info for now. My P-38 factory-fresh seems to operate okay.

JamesChams
October 10th, 2009, 14:48
Mr. Tim "Tim_FSD,"

I still haven't been able to install the DEMO version because of ERROR Code 1076. I've sent at least 3 email to the support and haven't heard anything yet from the last responce.

HERE is an example of the issue... (See Pic. Attached)
Thank you.

MenendezDiego
October 10th, 2009, 16:14

Error 21 when I try the patch....this is getting frustrating...

doublecool
October 10th, 2009, 17:24
First of all, did you install the patch that corrects YF23 loading problems after you have installed the P38?

While you are at it, you might as well download the new Service Release we just posted for the P38 as well:

http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/P38/sr.htm

If you still have problems send up a flare and we will help you out.

Tim thank you for the reply, and I hope thing are well with your family!

Just some background info
I Purchased all three the Commander, YF-23, and P-38
Both Commander and YF-23 work perfectly before loading P-38 then the problems began...

I've added patches as they came out never uninstalling anything just added patches...

as I stated the Commander seemed to be working alright with latest patch to the YF-23 but both the YF-23 and P-38 locks up when you try and load them.

Now I've add the latest patch you just posted for the P-38 and still both the YF-23 and p-38 lock up trying to load the aircraft. The Commander is working but frame rates are not what they were. Inside or outside the aircraft frame rates were very good and pretty much the same.

I'm done for the evening...testing patches, and three aircraft at a time, with them locking up the old sim, is not really what I want to do to night...

I love FSD, but gentlemen this idea of combining aircraft intel together is not one I'm willing to take on again...I hope FSD reconsiders this in the future.

However if this is the plan and direction for FSD I hope you will inform your customers of this potential issue.

At this point I think I need to uninstall all three products and hope the commander and YF-23 work again like they once did and FSD gets the P-38 running like they planned

Remember working with developers on issues on a single plane is OK and can be fun. It only effects one plane... not the other ones they have purchased and have set up the way they want them. Plus most customers love to help...

I Thank you

Stu

doublecool
October 11th, 2009, 10:25
After reading the other threads regarding the P-38 and people's frustration, and this thread where the P38 has made the Commander , YF-23 and P-38 unusable... I for one do not want this thread to go cold...I have three products and none work if all are loaded

Some folks here are just sitting and waiting giving you guys time for the real fix and are just wore out by this patch after patch. This is a small reminder to FSD of unanswered questions and issues that still exist, and not just getting your P-38 working. There 3 aircraft involved here

Thank you

DennyA
October 11th, 2009, 10:57
I have all the instruments in every plane now, but I get a "License could not be validated" message at the top of the screen if I hit Shift-1 to bring up the helmet-mounted HUD.

Tim_FSD
October 11th, 2009, 11:10
I agree that the interference with the driver should not have happened, and should have been caught in the beta process. We are taking steps to correct that.

FS X crashing, however, is unusual. When FS X crashes it should produce an error message with a link to more information. I need to know what the error says and then I should be able to get to the bottom if the problem.

Tim_FSD
October 11th, 2009, 11:33
I have all the instruments in every plane now, but I get a "License could not be validated" message at the top of the screen if I hit Shift-1 to bring up the helmet-mounted HUD.

Denny,

That is odd. Did you download and run this patch:

If so, did this problem only occur after?

DennyA
October 11th, 2009, 11:40
Tim, yes and yes. The latest patch is installed. The hud actually works, just has that message at the top of the screen. And I didn't see that before the patch.

doublecool
October 11th, 2009, 14:18
Tim,

OK before total removal of all three plane I started from scratch

Down loaded updated P-38 and your latest YF-23 file shown on this thread using Windows internet Explorer...

Ran Yf 23 file first
Then P-38

Shut down Computer then Booted up again, here the short of it

Commander seems to be working OK

YF all gauges there but in window of just HUD states at the top "License could not be validated"

P-38 tested only L model and red Bull Model

L model All gauges there lighting alittle odd inside light switch turns on wing tip light (Nav)

Red Bull Model All gauges Lighting ? and also GPS stops working...

have not tested everthing in these 3 aircraft, but I will

I can at least fly them to check them out,

the only thing I did different from befor was download using Windows Internet Explorer

Thank you and FSD for your commitment.

Rezabrya
October 12th, 2009, 18:03
Tim, I have redownloaded the P-38 because it was to my understanding that all the little patches and stuff were put into the newest installer. Is it the same case with the YF-23 and if so, where can I redownload the installer?

Tim_FSD
October 12th, 2009, 18:12
Ryan,

Yes it is. You can download a full YF23 installer here, and it is up to date:
http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDevelopersYF23.exe

Rezabrya
October 12th, 2009, 18:45
Thanks Tim. My FS install is currently down due to a hdd crash but I look forward to finally being able to fly the 23 and 38 again.

2Low
October 13th, 2009, 06:51
Hello Tim, I've got a new twist on this for you.

I downloaded the 2 new installers for the P-38 and the YF-23 last night. Installed the P-38 and everything worked great. GNS, exterior and interior lights, dissappearing yoke all good.

I then installed the YF-23, this is where it went bad. I had no MFD's displaying in the aircraft. It got worse though, I lost the GNS 340 in the Red Bull version, the MFDs in the stock F-18 quit working, the Garmins in the default Cessna and Mooney stopped and the Garmins in my Quest Kodiak gave up the ghost too. Yikes!

I uninstalled the YF-23 and all systems are go again in all planes including the retored P-38.

Stats;

FSX w/Acceleration
Vista64
UAC disabled
DirectX10 enabled
FSX installed on it's own drive.

P.S. - both wing tip lights are still green.

Thanks for you attention.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 13th, 2009, 08:58
The two " Slime Lights " on the wingtips are supposed to be green.

2Low
October 13th, 2009, 16:40
The two " Slime Lights " on the wingtips are supposed to be green.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info.