PDA

View Full Version : Prop Strikes

Ivan
June 27th, 2009, 08:27
Did you know that if you have your engine off before a belly landing, you don't get a prop strike? Surprised me!

- Ivan.

minuteman10
June 27th, 2009, 11:19
~S~ Ivan...just a thought...but don't try to fly with your engine turned off!!!! Sorry...just couldn't resist.....MM :icon_lol:

smilo
June 27th, 2009, 12:20
well, I can't help but wonder about restarting and taking off after said belly landing.

Ivan
June 28th, 2009, 11:25
Actually my test here was a goof up. I was using my son's computer to test stall characteristics and didn't realise that with his "Invincible" turned on, a prop strike simply doesn't happen. Can restart. Cannot take off because the friction is too high.

- Ivan.

Pratt&Whitney
June 28th, 2009, 20:36
I was just wondering if you were maybe "belly landing" a Zero :icon_lol:

Cheers gents :ernae:

womble55
July 7th, 2009, 00:59
Just a little thing i enjoy doing is with a multi-engined type, I switch off one or more engines, do a vertical climb for the prop to stop and then fly home on severly reduced power......makes you very wary of any turns, landing speed etc.

womble55
July 7th, 2009, 01:00
Lower the U/C and she jacks herself up!

Ivan
July 7th, 2009, 20:43
Hi Womble55,

Will try the undercarriage idea. I turned off "invincible" on my sons computer right after I figured out what was happening. I also needed invincible off in order to check collision bubbles.

- Ivan.