PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Lionheart!

JayKae
June 27th, 2009, 03:37
http://www.avsim.com/pages/0609/Lionheart/Kodiak.htm

Well done mate, well deserved review! Now if I could only get an Aussie operator to use the Quest I would be a happy man lol

BananaBob
June 27th, 2009, 04:05
Good review! Congrats Bill! :medals::medals:

blazefox2
June 27th, 2009, 04:08
:applause::applause::applause:

harleyman
June 27th, 2009, 04:24
Bravo Lionheart Creations.....

You have done it again...Great review .......Great plane....:applause::applause:

EgoR64
June 27th, 2009, 05:20
:ernae::ernae: Super :ernae::ernae:

Congrats !!

:icon29:

Roger
June 27th, 2009, 05:47
Top review:applause:

Lionheart
June 27th, 2009, 07:48
Thanks guys.

I didnt know about that. Thanks for the heads up Jay Kae.

I must tell you, there were many days when I was at the brink, rebuilding that bird. I had many problems with it. Switches werent working for weeks. I thought it was code issues, but others had the code working fine. Come to find out, I had guage code mappings on top of coded animated parts (switches), which the gauge mapping overwrites. Sort of like paper-scissors-stone game. Paper over-rides stone. Gauge texture over-rides switch object.

Near the end though, we had some breakthroughs with the Garmin system. Dwight, my new gauge 'engineer' went through and cleaned it up and refined it. I told him how I wanted it to run extremely fast, no hit on frames. We talked on ideas, like a sleeping GPS screen, etc.. and off he went. He found he could reduce the refresh rates on the GPS map renderings. We found a way to make the map 'not render' (sleep Data.... Sleeeeep). What we had in the end I think was massively better then when it first launched several years back.

You guys have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, lol.. I am just so glad its done. Which reminds me, I need to get her next update out soon after the Tailwind launches...

Bill

bushpilot
June 27th, 2009, 08:26
Great review indeed.. definitely does this bird a justice:applause::applause:. Although I don't agree with the reviewer that using Caravan sounds is a negative issue. I think default Caravan has a top notch sound set which suits Kodiak perfectly.

wilycoyote4
June 27th, 2009, 12:08
Congrats, :medals::applause: well done, a great aircraft.

randcbuc
June 27th, 2009, 12:43
I must agree, great review and another outstanding aircraft from Bill. :applause::applause:

Chacha
June 27th, 2009, 12:56
Congratulations, Lionheart! :ernae: Cheers!

Eli :running:

cheezyflier
June 27th, 2009, 13:16
awesome review! like i said before, this model is award worthy.
i hope the review will encourage more people to buy it, not just for bill's sake, but also for their own. it's my fav aircraft, i fly it constantly, and it has increased the fun factor in simming for me. i know that others will like it too.
the writer does need to proof read a little more though. if a dummy like me can catch the spelling and gramatical errors, a 4th grader will spot them right away. imo, he is both right AND wrong about the sounds. it would be cool to have a nice specific soundset for this model, but the default 208 sounds work real well.

jpmouse
June 27th, 2009, 13:35
Much Deserved!:monkies: