PDA

View Full Version : Carenado Seneca released

AussieMan
June 27th, 2009, 02:49
Just a HU, Carenado have released their Piper PA-34 Seneca.
http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/buscador.php3?id_producto=74
Mods might like to make this a sticky.

Cheers
Pat

MCDesigns
June 27th, 2009, 03:17
WOHOO!!! Sucks I now have to go to work.

waka172rg
June 27th, 2009, 03:51
Thanks for the HU downloading now :wiggle::ernae::engel016:

doublecool
June 27th, 2009, 04:23
I have no idea where this thing is being loaded...no option to manual install

cant find it anywhere :kilroy: :isadizzy:

gajit
June 27th, 2009, 04:28
Well spotted downloading now :jump::jump::jump:

thunder100
June 27th, 2009, 04:52
Downloaded-->FLying-->Great

Unbelievable framerate 5 frames better the FSD Senceca and 3 frames then the Eaglesoft

Roland

gajit
June 27th, 2009, 05:01
Its fantastic -other than the cheap way they have done the small window in the VC - bit like the Arrow

Edit - also cant find beacon switch?

FAC257
June 27th, 2009, 05:29
Great way to start the day! :applause:

Another perfect little aircraft for island hopping in the Carib.

Currently at FL75 TVSM>SABA.

FAC

EMatheson
June 27th, 2009, 05:30
The next month 'til the FS9 version is released is going to be pure torture...

gajit
June 27th, 2009, 05:37
EMath - i feel for you

Dusk over Denver

gajit
June 27th, 2009, 06:05
and asymmetric......

waka172rg
June 27th, 2009, 06:17
Wow i am impressed first time at puting shots up i hope it comes out well
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w326/waka172rg/seneca8-2.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w326/waka172rg/seneca5.jpg

Edit how do i get thumbnails?

gajit
June 27th, 2009, 06:27
They just happen for me - how do you get the big pics?? LOL

BTW- good shots

waka172rg
June 27th, 2009, 06:32
Just paste the IMG code from photobucket dont want to post any more this might be too big?

spotlope
June 27th, 2009, 07:46
You get thumbnails when you upload your images directly to SOH instead of linking to them on another host.

Les Parson
June 27th, 2009, 07:53
The documentation is a little on the light side. Also, I could'nt find the Master/Batt or the Alternators?

gajit
June 27th, 2009, 08:15
The documentation is a little on the light side. Also, I could'nt find the Master/Batt or the Alternators?

Hi - Master is on the lower left - can you find me the beacon switch? LOL

barryward12345
June 27th, 2009, 12:51
FINALLY !!! - a twin form Carenado. There is no doubt about the quality of their offerings.

Barry

FAC257
June 27th, 2009, 13:41
A twin for sure and with the distinctly and dependable Carenado look and feel throughout.

I'm pretty nit-picky and I can't find a darn thing to nit pick about this one. :)

Very enjoyable little aircraft.

FAC

Fireball6
June 27th, 2009, 13:51
She is a sweety - indeed. Has someone add the Shockwave-lights to her ?

:wavey: Dirk

Tim_Horton
June 27th, 2009, 19:36
Well it is no Piper Aztec *COuGH please make one like I asked you to real nice.. Cough** but I guess I can practice in it still....

gajit
June 27th, 2009, 21:02
Yes - a carenado Aztec would be great :jump:

waka172rg
June 28th, 2009, 08:35
Hay guys my CHT not raising anyone have this?

StickMan
June 29th, 2009, 00:42
Looks like Carenados first twin prop is a go!
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq210/StickMan2385/FSX/2009-6-29_3-30-10-430.jpg

waka172rg
June 29th, 2009, 01:10
Yes you are right its good :) + the paint will be good but i miss the mirror tex for the work that will have to be done here is my NZ paint
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w326/waka172rg/Jdh3-1.jpg
Waka172rg:engel016:

txnetcop
June 29th, 2009, 02:41
Yep she's as good as advertised. Great aircraft! Thanks Carenado
Ted

gajit
June 29th, 2009, 08:11
Great shots :applause:

flyingip
June 30th, 2009, 14:26
Got this one as presents for my good results LOL :icon_lol:
I'll do some good testing with it tommorow

waka172rg
June 30th, 2009, 18:45
i sent a email to carenado asking for some fixes and the said to me

"We are preparing a patch.
Please check our site in 24 hours.
Go to our page and get it."

This was 16hrs ago not out yet so keep and eye out:blind::ernae:

Cactuskid
June 30th, 2009, 20:13
i sent a email to carenado asking for some fixes and the said to me

"We are preparing a patch.
Please check our site in 24 hours.
Go to our page and get it."

This was 16hrs ago not out yet so keep and eye out:blind::ernae:

The patch is now available at Carenado's website. :icon_lol:

Kiwikat
June 30th, 2009, 20:27
I know this post won't be popular but I can't POSSIBLY be the only person wondering-

The patch corrects these issues:

- Wrong lights switches position.
- Wrong magnetos switches position.
- Back navigation light not turning on with Nav light switch.
- Replaces the beacon effect.
- Modifies flight dynamics: elevator effectiveness and pitch Stability.
- Wrong Tooltips.
- Beacon lights not turning with the anti collision switch.
- CHT not working.
- Documents.

Did anyone beta test this? A list like that is ridiculous... 5 seconds of beta testing would find most of those problems. (ANYONE with ANY testing experience can attest to that too...)

I'm glad they fixed them quickly, but they shouldn't have happened to begin with. I still don't know if I am going to buy this plane. Seeing a list like that makes it more doubtful by the minute.

StickMan
June 30th, 2009, 20:35
After reading threads here sometimes I hold off until it gets narrowed down to final, so not to worry about checking to see if changes have been made. I'm also doing the same for the Tomcat to keep down on having updating it but done the less want to get them. They will be ready soon so I will hold off a bit longer and keep checking the thread.

waka172rg
June 30th, 2009, 22:43
Yeah it all depends how much you want to fly this A/C. I say i world have been my fastest snap up ever :icon_lol: :wiggle:

gajit
June 30th, 2009, 22:49
Did anyone beta test this? A list like that is ridiculous... 5 seconds of beta testing would find most of those problems. (ANYONE with ANY testing experience can attest to that too...)

I'm glad they fixed them quickly, but they shouldn't have happened to begin with. I still don't know if I am going to buy this plane. Seeing a list like that makes it more doubtful by the minute.

I agree - Im definately a Carenado fan and love this aircraft but as you say - they should get a beta test team - or listen to them at least.

Edit - just got back into the cockpit and they are forgiven!! LOL Just love the sound package on this.

thunder100
July 1st, 2009, 02:36
As having lots of experience in Beta-testing their is usually annother rason for this

ITS NOT THEY DIDNT FIND

Usually it is compiling not the latest version of data together

Believe me after 8 different Connies

Still could be better,still they repaired immediately

Roland

Constellation/Starliner team

gajit
July 1st, 2009, 09:24
I congratulate Carenado for their VC lighting :applause:

You can switch off either the inst lights or the cabin glow.

txnetcop
July 1st, 2009, 11:04
I know this post won't be popular but I can't POSSIBLY be the only person wondering-

Pardon me while this gets my dander up to an all time HIGH! Let me get this straight they didn't dot their "i's" and cross all their "t's", but they got a patch out within the same week of release, and for that they deserve to be chastised? The Aerosoft Catalina had a least as many issues before thier update and it was A- when it came out before the update. You're kidding, right? We don't know what the reason is behind this. We also saw customer service on a level that would even put McDonalds to shame. The product was a B+ at release and now it ranks at least A- and that is because it isn't Accusim, but then it doesn't have to be to be a great product. This Seneca deserves 4.5 stars outta 5. It's that good.

If anyone is sitting on fence wondering if this is worthy purchase for less than $25.00 it is a MUST HAVE if you like twins.
Ted
Ted

flyingip
July 1st, 2009, 11:16
I really like this plane.
Sounds great, fly's great :applause:

But is it normal when it take off's, it's get's of the ground quite hard and when the nose wheel is off then it starts climbing very fast?

txnetcop
July 1st, 2009, 11:26
I don't think it is as accurate as it could be. I an fix that on my own. I like the flight model of the Duke, the Piper Cheyenne, and the Piper Commanche much better, but they didn't cost $21.95 either. This is a great start toward Carenado's twin engine aircraft though.
Ted

Oli-TUB
July 1st, 2009, 11:41
Pardon me but where did you find the Sceneca for 21.95 (or "less than $25" for that matter) ??? All I can see is 29.95

Cactuskid
July 1st, 2009, 11:43
I agree with Ted. This is a GREAT little twin for the money, and kudos to Carenado for fixing any problems immediately! :applause: So far, I've logged about 10 hours in her, and can't get enough! :ernae: Yes, you have to rotate easy on takeoff, or she'll jump off the runway. No big deal. If you're a fan of light twins, I HIGHLY recommend this little gem! :wavey:

txnetcop
July 1st, 2009, 12:29
OOOOOOOOPPPPPPS $29.95 it is, however I stand by the rest of my statement.
Ted

waka172rg
July 1st, 2009, 18:44
will i payed $37 AUD and I'm definitely not complaining

Carvalho
July 3rd, 2009, 13:25
I agree with Ted too:applause:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/Kal454/Kal454%20Wide/2009-7-2_4-41-35-964.jpg

Ark
July 5th, 2009, 08:39
Is it just me, or are there no shine effects on the windshield (as compared to the side windows)?

gajit
July 5th, 2009, 08:59
Got loads of shine on my windshield - the refraction of light is bound to be very different from the upright side windows.

Ark
July 5th, 2009, 13:22
Got loads of shine on my windshield - the refraction of light is bound to be very different from the upright side windows.

Ahh ok. I was flying at around Noon so that could have been why as well.

Thanks for the screenie, Gajit.

piperarcherpilot
July 5th, 2009, 14:01
Yes, you have to rotate easy on takeoff, or she'll jump off the runway.

This is a trait of both the Seminole and Seneca. I am flying the Seminole in real life right now working on my MEI, and at the published rotate speed it LEAPS off the ground. We wait about 5-10 knots past it and its a smoother transition. Congrats to Carenado for getting this right!!! :applause:

Anyone have trouble working the HSI? I cant figure out how to get the nav flags to go away and get it to follow a GPS course.

thefrog
July 5th, 2009, 23:55
This is a trait of both the Seminole and Seneca. I am flying the Seminole in real life right now working on my MEI, and at the published rotate speed it LEAPS off the ground. We wait about 5-10 knots past it and its a smoother transition. Congrats to Carenado for getting this right!!! :applause:

Anyone have trouble working the HSI? I cant figure out how to get the nav flags to go away and get it to follow a GPS course.

I can get it to follow a GPS course by clicking on NAV on the autopilot and to GPS on the GPS/NAV switch next to the GPS on the panel. The HSI flags don't go away though.
The CHT still doesn't work (I bought it yesterday after the patch had been out) and the pitch is WAY too sensitive compared to all my other planes. I changed the pitch_stability to 5.0 in aircraft.cfg and it's much better.
Frog

waka172rg
July 6th, 2009, 00:13
Thanks for that frog that's a wee bit better i can get the autopilot to follow GPS and CHT in the green here maybe update the patch.

Piper no faults here:running:

Anyone have the shock wave lights hooked up?

piperarcherpilot
July 6th, 2009, 15:20
Hmm...strange. Nav flags wont go away for me either, and CHT is all the way to the left for me too. CHT definitely is not working after a fresh download and install and even after I apply the patch separately...

waka172rg
July 14th, 2009, 16:46
The 2nd patch is out but made my autopilot worse:monkies:

EDIT..downloaded the patch and reinstalled its better

Rick_Piper
July 17th, 2009, 06:21
Hi Guys

the only part i don't like is every livery being complete with no "common textures" folder which wastes an awful lot of space & textures are still BMP format which effects framerate. (but no biggie as the model is tops!)

Can't find a paintkit in the files or on Carenado's website.

Anyone know if there is a paintkit ?

10 out of 10 for the quality Carenado:ernae:

Regards
Rick

arrowmaker
July 17th, 2009, 06:43
Hi Guys

the only part i don't like is every livery being complete with no "common textures" folder which wastes an awful lot of space & textures are still BMP format which effects framerate. (but no biggie as the model is tops!)

I agree. It IS a waste of HD space. Carenado must be the only mainstream company still using BMP's in their textures. I don't understand why they have not switched to DDS yet.

Tim_Horton
July 17th, 2009, 14:14
It is easy to create a common file, just make one textre.bk or something and change the texture.cfg to reference it, and whala you got a common file.

Ive been picking away at a bare metal version, which is a little too purple right now, but its getting there!

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7296/200971117655234.jpg