PDA

View Full Version : Help with He111 start PLEASE

Marvin Carter
June 26th, 2009, 13:43
Guys I have a problem with the Alphasim He111, when I shut it down no matter what I try or do I can not get it to fire back up. Is this some thing that can be changed in the cfg file or is it in air file, or something? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
THANKS!!!!!

Roger
June 26th, 2009, 14:52
You're right Marvin! Just tried a cold start as per the checklist (use Ctrl/E) and it doesn't start.

Tim_Horton
June 26th, 2009, 15:15
Would it not be prudent to ask alphasim?

rdyoung
June 26th, 2009, 15:56
Guys I have a problem with the Alphasim He111, when I shut it down no matter what I try or do I can not get it to fire back up. Is this some thing that can be changed in the cfg file or is it in air file, or something? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
THANKS!!!!!

Sometimes lowering the value for idle_rpm_friction_scalar -- edit: should be the starter per next post -- apologize -- in the Aircraft.cfg will help. I don't have this model so I can't check it for you.

Rick

Barvan40
June 26th, 2009, 16:05
Sometimes raising the value for the normalized_starter_torque entry in the aircraft.cfg will fix it. If it is at 0.30 try changing it to 0.50 and see if that helps.

Marvin Carter
June 26th, 2009, 18:48
ALphasim has the tickit think going, tryed it two time allready no response from them, thought I would try here. Once the support forum was closed down haven't been getting much help from them. I'm pretty much dun with them any way.

Marvin Carter
June 26th, 2009, 19:05
Got it, Change this
normalized_starter_torque= 2.50 //Starter torque factor
to this
normalized_starter_torque= 3.50 //Starter torque factor
It takes a min. but will start!!!!!!
Thanks guys!!!!!!!

Roger
June 27th, 2009, 02:40
Nice one Marvin:ernae: