PDA

View Full Version : Something New from Matrox......

gera
June 26th, 2009, 05:44
Seems Matrox is coming in with something quite interesting......

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/press/releases/2009/corpo/mseries_dp/

:pop4:

some1
June 26th, 2009, 05:56
These cards are not for gaming, I don't even know if they support Directx, and their 3D performance in games would be moderate at best.

gera
June 26th, 2009, 06:40
These cards are not for gaming, I don't even know if they support Directx, and their 3D performance in games would be moderate at best.

Good point, but many of us use PCs for other things not only for gaming!:pop4:

RyanJames170
June 26th, 2009, 08:30
Good point, but many of us use PCs for other things not only for gaming!:pop4:

yes but if you look at the price of them you could get quite an good Nvidia or cough ATI card.

2 monitors should be enough, and i be there is an way to set up more with an Nvidia or ATI card

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Bjoern
June 27th, 2009, 11:04
Does anyone remember the Matrox Parhelia?
A failed comeback attempt for Matrox in the gaming market. I doubt they'll try it again after that.

And speaking of long gone gaming video card manufacturers, I'd really like to see ST back in the ring. Their Kyro cards were quite innovative and fast, even though they lacked T&L.

Gibbage
June 27th, 2009, 13:07
Remember it? They still sell it! For more then the old 3D cards are worth! Amazingly, Matrox still holds a lot of market in video editing systems due too there multi-monitor support. I wish they would enter the 3D gaming market again, as having 3 competitors only means better and cheaper products for us, the consumer.

Bjoern
June 28th, 2009, 09:52
Remember it? They still sell it!

Quite surprising to me!

Anyways, I wish they would do it like NVidia and ATI with their CAD cards (Quadro/Fire GL). Just take stock cards, give them a new BIOS and drivers emphasizing image quality over performance and done.

Now to make Matrox develop a fast video card...:icon_lol:

Francois
June 28th, 2009, 10:22
What you want instead is the TripleHead2Go box..... THAT's for gaming and working quite well actually.

Bjoern
June 28th, 2009, 11:21
What you want instead is the TripleHead2Go box..... THAT's for gaming and working quite well actually.

What good is a TH2G if I don't even have multiple displays? :icon_lol: