PDA

View Full Version : Would this burn your bacon

hey_moe
June 26th, 2009, 04:14
I have a neighbor who is a brick layer and he lost his job. So I decided to help him out and see if he wanted to do some brick work. I told him being since money was tight for him I would buy the bricks. He said for all the stuff I have done for him in the past he would do it for free. I said no...I wanna pay ya. Redoing the patio and the flower retainers he said he would do it for 150.00....chet...I gave him 500.00...he did a heck of a nice job plus I wanted to help him too....he a good neighbor. Anyway I had about 200 or so bricks left over and Pat...my best friend asked if he could buy them from me...I said if he wanted them just come get them, no charge.Last night Pat,me and the wife went out to dinner and Pat said...Mike what did ya do with them bricks .....I said huh....he said he came by with his trailer to pick them up and there weren't any......I thought at first he was pulling my leg. That night I asked Phil where were the bricks that were left over and he said Larry...my neighbor two door down came over and took all of them......WHAT!. This morning I asked Larry did he come over while I was gone the other day and load up the bricks in my back yard. He said yea ...but he thought I didn't want them. I told him I had promised them to Pat and he needs to bring them back ASAP. He was pretty upset about having to do this but I said you have no right to come over to my home and remove anything without asking me or Linda first. He said why can't Pat just buy his own brick...I said that's not the point and just bring them back....He got mad and brought them back and unloaded them behind the cars in my driveway so I had to move them to back out....what a turkey. Would something like this stew ya a bit. Larry is retired and if ya put anything on the curb he picks it up or if it's not nailed down to something he also takes it.I have bent over backwards and helped him out on many occasions but if I ask him to help me on something he wants to charge by the hour...lol.

OBIO
June 26th, 2009, 04:45
Yep....that would get me all stewed up pretty good. Which is why I now like in the "country" and don't have any "neighbors". It's not really the country, but is on the cusp of being country. And I have neighbors, but the only ones that are real close are the couple who live in the other half of the duplex...and they are super people.

When I was a kid, I lived in the country in southern Ohio. The closest neighbor was nearly a quarter mile in either direction from our house, and the second closest neighbors were over a mile away. Well, the neighbors down the road from us, the Pendeltons, we nice folks and we kept an eye on each other's house, helped each other out when needed..you know, the whole neighbor thing. One summer, I spent the week going to the body shop where Dad worked, helping him fix people's wrecked cars, helping around the shop where ever I could. Coming home one evening, we saw that Mr. Pendelton had a 1957 or 1958 Desoto sitting in the front yard for sale. We stopped, Dad looked the car over real good, took it for a test drive. $500 for a very cherry Desoto that still had the factory "baby hemi" as Dad called it. Dad had the same year Desoto shortly after he and Mom got married but lost it due to a drunk driver going south in the north bound lanes...Dad put the car over a ditch and through a very rough field to avoid a head on collison...the car was totaled but Dad was unhurt. Dad and Mr. Pendelton worked out an agreement that Dad would stop by after work on Friday with the $500...it was only 2 or 3 days away. The very next evening, on the way home, we notice that the Desoto was no longer in the front yard. We look back in the back yard, the barn...no Desoto. Dad backs up and pulls in and asked where the Desoto was. Mr. Pendelton had sold it for $250 because the guy had the cash on him! That was the instant end of nearly 15 years of neighborly feelings. After that the only thing Dad did for the Pendeltons was take their dog home, after he shot it for being in our yard!

OBIO

Toastmaker
June 26th, 2009, 05:39
Hmm. . .sounds like Pat and Phil are worthy friends. Larry should be avoided -

Willy
June 26th, 2009, 13:36
Larry sounds like my wife's uncle. The old boy has bunches of money but borrows everyone else's stuff rather than buy his own. He goes around and helps himself to what ever he can find. He keeps my father in law upset with him with his constant coming around and "borrowing" whatever he thinks he needs without asking.

TARPSBird
June 26th, 2009, 15:00
Moe, if you haven't told Larry off yet I suggest you do so. :mad:

tigisfat
June 26th, 2009, 20:21
It sounds like you were exposed to a pretty large dose of lame by this guy. If he's not careful, he could infect others.

Sometimes you gotta just lay down the law with these characters and play the leading role in your relationship. The next time you see him, don't even say a word. Just give him one of these:
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/1228206413316.jpg

Drake
June 26th, 2009, 22:36
It like that old saying, no good deed goes unpunished.

TARPSBird
June 27th, 2009, 07:28
It like that old saying, no good deed goes unpunished.
Ain't that the truth? Sad to say. :frown:

Snuffy
June 27th, 2009, 07:33
... Sometimes you gotta just lay down the law with these characters and play the leading role in your relationship. The next time you see him, don't even say a word. Just give him one of these:
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/1228206413316.jpg

Nah, Mike can't do that ... it'd take too long for him to get into that kind of shape ... and by then the matter would have been forgotten!! :bump:

Prowler1111
June 27th, 2009, 08:41
I have this neighbor who usually travels overseas and is close to my wife, she usually parks her WV Jetta on our garage, no sweat but when she does it behind my car, it gets pretty annoying..specially when she does it and takes the keys with her...i´ve told her many times to park it in the clear spot by our garage, but being her a woman..as long as its parked, any spot is a good spot...once she payed me for all the trouble by washing my car..in a heart attack bikini...did i mentioned that she is a model and hotter than hell???

Prowler

kilo delta
June 27th, 2009, 12:22
I have this neighbor who usually travels overseas and is close to my wife, she usually parks her WV Jetta on our garage, no sweat but when she does it behind my car, it gets pretty annoying..specially when she does it and takes the keys with her...i´ve told her many times to park it in the clear spot by our garage, but being her a woman..as long as its parked, any spot is a good spot...once she payed me for all the trouble by washing my car..in a heart attack bikini...did i mentioned that she is a model and hotter than hell???

Prowler

Pics or GTFO :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Snuffy
June 27th, 2009, 15:11
... i´ve told her many times to park it in the clear spot by our garage, but being her a woman..as long as its parked, any spot is a good spot ...
Prowler

Yikes!

:running:

Prowler1111
June 27th, 2009, 16:54
Pics or GTFO
Sure..here..these are scanned from her dossier..my wife has become her BFF..go figure..

euroastar350
June 27th, 2009, 17:54
DAM!!! She is hot!!!! Sorry, had to do that:jawdrop::d

tigisfat
June 27th, 2009, 18:22
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/IMG_0603.jpg

Trans_23
June 27th, 2009, 18:35
I would have motion sensors set up scanning her back deck an binoculars ready for any sign of sun bathing. A pair of mirror sun glasses would also be in order for when your wife and her where in the same room with you. :jawdrop:

Gdavis101
June 27th, 2009, 18:57
People are amazing. I once hired an out of work "Friend" to help do some work on the house my parents use to own and when I would drive out to their place to check on him he was always on a break or simply not there. My parents were in Alaska at the time and the work was to be a surprise... Needless to it was never completed, in fact I ended up having to finish painting the deck myself. To top that off he helped himself to all the materials I had bought too.