PDA

View Full Version : Make Saitek X45 report button as null?

dswo
June 25th, 2009, 12:24
What am I doing running FSX with an X45? I bought it on Ebay a couple summers ago for $20 with shipping; the stick is useless but the throttle is pretty solid. Small problem: some of the buttons on the stick like to press themselves. This makes setting buttons with FSUIPC a little tricky. I use the Saitek profile editor to program the buttons for this controller. Is there a way to configure a button to report nothing/null?

gigabyte
June 25th, 2009, 12:46
What am I doing running FSX with an X45? I bought it on Ebay a couple summers ago for $20 with shipping; the stick is useless but the throttle is pretty solid. Small problem: some of the buttons on the stick like to press themselves. This makes setting buttons with FSUIPC a little tricky. I use the Saitek profile editor to program the buttons for this controller. Is there a way to configure a button to report nothing/null?

DSWO, I use several of the Saitek products, and if you have the newer version of the programing software you can set any of the buttons to "Unprogramed" and problem solved. If you have an oder version there is an equivellant setting I just can't recall what it is called off the top of my head. Regardless, check the Saitek site and grab the latest driver and programing software and you will be able to take care of the "Problem Children".