PDA

View Full Version : GONE!!! it is all gone!!!!

moonbutter2
October 18th, 2008, 08:13
My awesome wife killed my harddrive with all my CFS1 and CFS2 stuff in it. It was a external harddrive that she spilt 44oz of soda on. I tried cleaning it but I only got a few thing out of it. this is the worst loss of information I have ever had to deal with!

I don't where to go from here!!!!

miamieagle
October 18th, 2008, 08:35
Stop whining and eat your BOLOGNA! LoL:ernae:
I will help try to help you out later!

Rocktser2
October 18th, 2008, 08:46
It's not gone......................cfs2 is always out there..............

What you means is..............I have to put it all back in.............

Plus.........maybe a new hard drive

bearcat241
October 18th, 2008, 09:03
Take the drive down to the geek shop and have them recover everything to a new external drive for you. You only lost the power circuitry by short, not the disk data.

Dirtman
October 18th, 2008, 11:26
Ya - what BC said.

All harddrives are sealed; air & water tight (soda, beer & grog too)

So stop freakin' & peakin' .... take a pill & relax Bro!

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes:

Also: for about $25 Kanadian ($5 US :costumes: ) ya can have a slick little adapter so you can easily connect any loose H/D to a USB port.
It's proved to be one of the best $25 bills I've spent.

Have a look:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2329300&CatId=81

Works with 2.5" & 3.5" IDE + SATA drives..... CD & DVD drives too!!!

VERY SLICK ..... DON'T HOSE-DOWN YER H/D WITHOUT IT!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

miamieagle
October 18th, 2008, 13:31
Bear241 suggestion seems like a good suggestion. Its worth the money.:wavey:

erufle
October 18th, 2008, 14:04
Or . . . I can mix you up a something with a little arsenic and sodium hydroxide in the lab. Its painful, but I assume you're kinky that way. :d

Anyway, puttin' it all back together is a lot of fun too.

Navy Chief
October 18th, 2008, 15:08
Now THAT can strain a marraige!

NC

moonbutter2
October 18th, 2008, 16:56
I am going to take Rockter2 advice and reload it all. I was able to save my Donation wear planes.

I decided to keep my wife......

PHo17
October 19th, 2008, 00:12
Adapters don't help if the power circuitry is out by short (the drive plate won't spin or the read/write head won't move). I once did like this for an ordinary HDD: I removed and changed the electric board to a similar one (from another HDD). This won't don no good either if the drive is new and expensive. One can easily double the loss. Then it's better to carry it to a pro in some shop.

Pekka

erufle
October 19th, 2008, 02:38
You know his marriage is great. Even in the middle of all that senseless destruction he calls his wife awesome.

Moonbutter2, I want to know what it is about her that allows you to call her awesome after all that.

Is she smart? Sexy? Takes good care of you? Great in the sack? Its gotta be something special. I really want to know 'cause I've got an awesome wife too. I want to compare.

Dirtman
October 19th, 2008, 05:40
Moonbutter2, I want to know what it is about her that allows you to call her awesome after all that.

I bet she's much taller, outweighs him by 50lbs & has a mean "right hook".

I heard she beat the living snot outta Mike Tyson in a bar fight.

- only kidding Moonbutter; no disrespect to you or your Mrs. intended.

(I don't wanna get my butt kicked by her either!!)

moonbutter2
October 19th, 2008, 05:54
SHe saved me from my family and myself!!! I had a lot a baggage and she stuck with me until I was fixed. I wouldn't say completely fixed but, alot better. My kids have turned out awesome and she is my best friend.

She is all of the above the erufle said and could easily kick dirtmans butt!!!!

Dirtman
October 19th, 2008, 06:17
She saved me from my family and myself!!! I had a lot a baggage and she stuck with me until I was fixed. I wouldn't say completely fixed but, allot better. My kids have turned out awesome and she is my best friend.

I hear you my friend; I wish everyone could be as fortunate as you! She sounds like a Very Special Lady.

Please forgive me if my previous comments "e-rufle'd" your feathers. I meant no disrespect - just kidding around.

You got that right; I have to spend $2000 on candy for Halloween or the little tykes will lay a "World Class" beatin' on me too!!!

moonbutter2
October 19th, 2008, 07:01
Your fine, dirtman...

OBIO
October 19th, 2008, 07:09
Hey Moonbutter

You can always do to your wife what I am having done to mine. I have told everyone that she had a brain tumor....well, in all honesty, I am having her brain rebuilt to make her more "man hobby" compliant. After the rebuild, she will no longer want lacy sheets on the bed...she will want camoflague flannel, she will no longer want pretty china with flowers, she will want WW2 era US Navy officer's mess dinner ware, she will no longer want to watch chick movies, she will want to watch women's professional beach volleyball. And best of all, she will want to convert the heated and air conditioned garage into a full service flight sim center, complete with a projector, two cockpits (one with a stick and one with a yoke), an 8 channel surround sound system and a fridge full of RC Cola and chilled Snickers bars. Kind of like the Stepford Wifes, but with a Red Green twist (you folks in Canada are sure to know who Red Green is.....I really miss watching that show on PBS).

OBIO

bearcat241
October 19th, 2008, 07:44
...and the two of you will finally put those disputes over "cartoon planes" to rest, right Obio? :icon_lol:

erufle
October 19th, 2008, 10:51

I'm not impressed by this claim. I heard a Kanadian hooker stomped Dirtman's butt into a blood puddle . . . then she stomped it dry . . . :isadizzy:

. . . and he still had to pay her. :d

bearcat241
October 19th, 2008, 19:53
:costumes::costumes::costumes:

Dirtman
October 20th, 2008, 10:49
I'm not impressed by this claim. I heard a Kanadian hooker stomped Dirtman's butt into a blood puddle . . . then she stomped it dry . . . :isadizzy:

. . . and he still had to pay her. :d

This is true; BUT:

A) I like it rough ..... :a1089:

B) I paid her the full amount ($5) in Kanadian quarters.... :d :d

C) Ed; I'm personally shocked that you'd let your sister work in that type of profession..... (but she is quite talented !! )

- right back at cha Bro!! :wavey:

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes: :costumes: