PDA

View Full Version : Into The Night

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 23rd, 2009, 12:25
<DIR>Developed for the YF23 are a new form of lighting for FSX that are
not effects based , don't use attach points , can be multiple intensities ( dim & bright as shown here ),
can flash (as these do ) or not , do not wander as effects lights do in FSX depending on viewpoint and can be any color desired .
They are completely based on model code and can be made to be as bright as desired or as a subtle glow ,
and can be made in any shape or form as well.
Its been a good day , one of the things that has driven me nuts with FSX since day one is the way effects based lights
tended to wander around and be in different positions depending on what viewpiont was used , they also reacted differently
depending on altitude , to have finally found a solution to these problems as well as how to make a decent
Slime Light ( those rectangular ones ) has made my day .

PS The Cockpit shot is there as a looksee only , the lights i made today are on the exterior , but could be used in a vc where attach points cannot .

</DIR>

2Low
June 23rd, 2009, 13:08
Excellent, FSX's little quirks (being polite) are getting cured or worked around at a good clip as of late.

Your bird is looking wonderfull.

GaryGB
June 23rd, 2009, 13:48
Congrats, Chuck! :ernae:

Those look very sharp and realistic; it's great to see yet another recent breakthrough for future FS design techniques.

Can this technique by any chance also be used with FSX MDLs for static scenery objects too?

Thanks for your progressive innovativeness ! :applause:

GaryGB

MenendezDiego
June 23rd, 2009, 13:53
Finally someone gets the lights right!

That VC shot looks great too!

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 23rd, 2009, 15:26
With scenery hmmmmm , without checking first i cant say for sure but as they dont rely on alpha channels they might make for a nice row of florecent lights in my Hanger , i will have to get back to you on that but i promised Francios at FSAddon some scenery objects to go with the Lysander thats about ready for release so it wont be long before i can let you know.

wilycoyote4
June 23rd, 2009, 16:02
congrats:applause::applause: