PDA

View Full Version : FSX E-6B Mercury ABNCP?

ColoKent
June 22nd, 2009, 22:41
Does anyone know if someone is working on a new FSX (sp2) friendly E-6B Mercury? This is the airplane that the Navy uses to communicate with SSBNs, and that USSTRATCOM uses to perform the "Looking Glass" airborne command post mission.

I know HJG did an E-6B a number of years ago, but it is getting dated, and has a few texture problems (the biggest being the air refueling recepticle panel over the cockpit windows-- it is literally "glowing"). They have the same problem with their EC-135s as well...Great models, just very dated....

Thanks,

Kent

Tweek
June 23rd, 2009, 05:23
I can't say I've seen any dedicated FSX E-6 models, but it would be nice if HJG did one day upgrade all of their models to FSX standard. Not only were the models nice, but they didn't just stop at doing a 707 or KC-135R, they went and did just about every variant imaginable, which is something I love to see.

Cag40Navy
June 23rd, 2009, 11:35
when i ported mine, i just re-did for FSX. but im not releasing it for now because i have to edit it some more.

Bjoern
June 23rd, 2009, 17:53
I can't say I've seen any dedicated FSX E-6 models, but it would be nice if HJG did one day upgrade all of their models to FSX standard. Not only were the models nice, but they didn't just stop at doing a 707 or KC-135R, they went and did just about every variant imaginable, which is something I love to see.

Might also enable someone to supply a VC model which can then be interchanged between the versions.

Ah, so many ideas, so little time...