PDA

View Full Version : UnInstall FSX

harleyman
June 22nd, 2009, 04:40
If you are having problems uninstalling FSX here is a great guide for that..

Tip offered by Gigabyte......Thanks Gigabyte

I have un-installed and re-installed about 5 times because of bad missions and stuff messing up my sim. oddly enough, everytime i do it, my graphics actually improve. they have come soooo far since i first installed if i could show you the progression you would be surprised. the first time i did it i contacted microsoft and asked them how to fully un-install. these are their directions copied from the email they sent me: Below are the steps to un-install and re-install the game: Step 1: Install Windows Installer Clean up Utility ----------------------------------------------------------- 1. Click on the link given below and click on Run. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
2. Click on Run and then click on Run again.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Windows Installer Clean up utility.

5. After the installation is complete then click on Start and then click on All Programs

6. At the bottom of All Programs locate and select Windows Install Clean Up.

7. A window will appear with the list of multiple programs installed on your system

8. Once the game is un-installed exit the utility, restart the system and then remove the game from Windows registry completely.

9. Click On Microsoft Flight Simulator X and then click on Remove. NOTE: Make sure that only Microsoft Flight Simulator X is selected and nothing else. Step 1a: Delete the game from Registry ---------------------------------------- WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. If you wish you can contact your system manufacturer to delete the registry entries. 1. Click on Start and in the search box type regedit and hit Enter 2. Type "REGEDIT" in the Run open box. 3. Press OK, Registry Editor page will load 4. On the top Left side of the screen look for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", then click on the +sign beside that 5. Click on the +sign beside "Software" 6. Click on the +sign beside "Microsoft" 7. Click on the +sign beside "Microsoft Games" 8. Locate "Flight simulator X" and delete the folder. Click on yes when it asks to delete this key and all of its sub keys. 9. Click on edit and click on Find next 10. In the find box type Flight Simulator and click on Find next 11. Delete he entry that is found and then press F3 to find the next entry. Keep on pressing F3 until all the entries of Flight simulator have been deleted. 12. Close the Registry editor !

Helldiver
June 22nd, 2009, 10:59
That is the best advice anyone can give about reinstalling FSX. There's always something residual hanging around that will give you heartburn. Although I don't know if it will run better. It might have been the preceding one had gotten so bad. I'm on my forth reinstall. Each time I make an improvement by getting rid of aircraft I never use.