PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile causes helicopter crash

sandar
June 21st, 2009, 22:42
No, it's not a Sun or National Enquirer headline, an Australian helicopter pilot got excited when he spotted a crocodile, went down for a closer look and crashed.

His passenger was badly injured and was in danger from crocodiles and hypothermia before rescue. Read for yourselves how he was saved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8112062.stm

demorier
June 22nd, 2009, 00:40
Don't know what to make of that story ???? Hypothermia near Darwin?????? chopper pilot must have been from somewhere else I think.

modelr
June 22nd, 2009, 04:21
Don't know what to make of that story ???? Hypothermia near Darwin?????? chopper pilot must have been from somewhere else I think.

Because the injured person was wet, incapacited, it was night and going to be long time before help arrived. Without dry clothing, and or blankets, it still gets cold enough in the Australian winter for possible hypothermia. He did it right with what he had available. The stupid part was flying so low in the dark.

cheezyflier
June 22nd, 2009, 06:04
ksW2C4anyEU

RL_201
June 22nd, 2009, 21:31
Gotta love the headline "Crocodile causes helicopter crash". IMHO, the crocodile was just lying there minding it's own business. What caused the crash is some dumb:censored: pilot who got excited about seeing the croc, then decided to turn around and fly low, in the dark to see the croc. Note to pilot "You live in Australia :australia:, it's not like crocodiles are rare there, almost every zoo there has one". I hope the crocodile sues the pilot for emotonial distress and pain and suffering :isadizzy: :icon_lol:.

TARPSBird
June 22nd, 2009, 21:42
I'm sure most of the personal-injury attorneys in Australia have been trying to contact both the passenger and the croc. :icon_lol:

Lionus
June 23rd, 2009, 00:34
That helicopter pilot deserves to be a candidate for Darwin's award..:icon_lol:

demorier
June 23rd, 2009, 01:07
Yeah, it's a Darwin award nomination. Bloody croc's everywhere up that way. Hypothermia around Darwin.....nah, can't buy that one.