PDA

View Full Version : ETO Multiplayer

MTG196
October 18th, 2008, 04:19
I tried to join an online ETO game last night and could not get in. The message said that there was an aircraft mismatch with the "a20_410".
Whats up with that?:isadizzy:

blacksheep-ghost03
October 18th, 2008, 04:43
I tried to join an online ETO game last night and could not get in. The message said that there was an aircraft mismatch with the "a20_410".
THE HOST OR A PLAYER IN THE GAME YOU TRIED TO JOIN SPAWNED IN A A20 OR MAYBE YOU SPAWNED IN ONE BEFORE YOU JOINED THE GAME. APPARENTLY THERE IS A BUG WITH THE A20 AND BOSTON'S. IF THE HOST OR SOMEONE IN THE HOST'S GAME SPAWN IN THE A20 OR BOSTON NO ONE ELSE CAN JOIN THEIR GAME UNTIL THE HOST SHUTS DOWN THE GAME AND RESTARTS IT COMPLETELY. ALSO IF YOU SPAWN IN ONE YOU MAY HAVE TO SHUT YOUR GAME DOWN AND RESTART BEFORE YOU CAN JOIN A GAME.
I DISALLOWED THEM IN MY GAME SO IT WILL NOT HAPPEN TO ME ANY MORE. I THINK THEY ARE WORKING ON A PATCH FOR THIS PROBLEM.
:sheep::sheep::sheep:

Squiffy
October 18th, 2008, 07:29
Guys, I dove right into tweaking my install after I got it last week. I could not stand flying those old flight models for the US fighters. Just horrible. I couldn't see trying to fly online like that. (They weren't Mudpond were they? maybe I missed something in the readme) So I am stuck now. I will have to reinstall once, or twice along with a multi- to address both issues. Unless we are planning an update that will give us optimum flightmodels for each nations aircraft (one from each) or decide on a mission set that will ensure good flying. There's no point in my trying to join up if the crates are lousey. I bet that we'd be flying BOB, BOF, or Night war anyway. (already standalone) Please post the mission type and aircraft featured so we have a better idea.

grizzly50
October 18th, 2008, 08:23
:kilroy:MTG196, try running the BDP Zapper the next time. I have found that this sometimes helps. Also make sure that you have replaced any stock ETO aircraft. What Blacksheep_Ghost03 has said above is also true, so that fix is also definitely viable.:d

flyer01
October 18th, 2008, 08:39
:kilroy:MTG196, try running the BDP Zapper the next time. I have found that this sometimes helps. Also make sure that you have replaced any stock ETO aircraft. What Blacksheep_Ghost03 has said above is also true, so that fix is also definitely viable.:d

Grizzly 50, As a member of the ETO Expansion Group----could you tell us what planes and tanks or anything alse that could clause a mismatch when joining / hosting multiplayer games.

Thank you, flyer01:medals:

grizzly50
October 18th, 2008, 09:14
:kilroy:Flyer01, The A-20 and both Boston III's, ETO_A20, ETO_Boston III_418 SQDN RCAF, and ETO_Boston III_418 SQDN RCAF, do cause a multiplayer mismatch if they are used by anyone while flying online. The cure is for the Host to shut his game completely down and then re-start. Another way may also be needed, and that is for the Guest to run his ETO BDP Zapper before joining. There is evidence that this helps.

I have found that all of the drive-able vehicles cause some problems, at one time or another, often requiring that the Host reset. I highly recommend that the Host de-select, but not delete these, drive-able vehicles before starting his game. The stock ETO drive-able vehicles are: w40_fra_b1bis, w40_fra_panhard178, w40_g_pzkw_IIIe, and w40_g_pzkw_IVc.

Please make note that if the Host wants to add any aircraft to his install, he should either de-select the aircraft be Hosting online games, or make sure that everyone who joins his game has the exact same aircraft. However, the latter method is no guarantee, either. Some non-stock CFS3 and non-stock CFS3 ETO Expansion aircaft may not work for online play.

I wouls also recommend that those of you greatly enjoy play both single- and multi-player ETO install two versions of the game on your computers, in the same way that many of you do for normal CFS3.

I also urge any of you that experiences any mismatch problems to post those problems here on SOH and clearly state which aircraft is causing the mismatch, so that we may better assist you with this problem.:d

Grizzly 50, As a member of the ETO Expansion Group----could you tell us what planes and tanks or anything alse that could clause a mismatch when joining / hosting multiplayer games.

Thank you, flyer01:medals:

flyer01
October 18th, 2008, 09:41
:kilroy:Flyer01, The A-20 and both Boston III's, ETO_A20, ETO_Boston III_418 SQDN RCAF, and ETO_Boston III_418 SQDN RCAF, do cause a multiplayer mismatch if they are used by anyone while flying online. The cure is for the Host to shut his game completely down and then re-start. Another way may also be needed, and that is for the Guest to run his ETO BDP Zapper before joining. There is evidence that this helps.

I have found that all of the drive-able vehicles cause some problems, at one time or another, often requiring that the Host reset. I highly recommend that the Host de-select, but not delete these, drive-able vehicles before starting his game. The stock ETO drive-able vehicles are: w40_fra_b1bis, w40_fra_panhard178, w40_g_pzkw_IIIe, and w40_g_pzkw_IVc.

Please make note that if the Host wants to add any aircraft to his install, he should either de-select the aircraft be Hosting online games, or make sure that everyone who joins his game has the exact same aircraft. However, the latter method is no guarantee, either. Some non-stock CFS3 and non-stock CFS3 ETO Expansion aircaft may not work for online play.

I wouls also recommend that those of you greatly enjoy play both single- and multi-player ETO install two versions of the game on your computers, in the same way that many of you do for normal CFS3.

I also urge any of you that experiences any mismatch problems to post those problems here on SOH and clearly state which aircraft is causing the mismatch, so that we may better assist you with this problem.:d

Thank You, Grizzly 50.
If I join a online game do I have to be in the same ERA as the host of the game?

grizzly50
October 18th, 2008, 10:11
:d
If I join a online game do I have to be in the same ERA as the host of the game?

:kilroy:Flyer01, it has been my experience that you don't have to be in the same Era in ETO as the Host, but for the sake of preventing unseeable problems, it may prove helpful. So, for the sake of trouble, I would go with the safer bet, and have everyone who joins be in the same Era.

As for all problems, please don't hesitate to report them here on the Forum. We want to hear freom you. It helps to find all the little things that we may have missed along the way. Also, if you have dicovered any fixes for one of these, or other problems yourselves that works, please post that here as well.:d

Squiffy
October 18th, 2008, 16:06
Grizzly,

Will tweaked flightmodels (new air files) cause a mismatch? I've done that and added effects lines in my xdps. I can fix the xdps pretty easily but I would rather not fly the old air files. May not be possible.

grizzly50
October 18th, 2008, 16:33
Grizzly,

Will tweaked flightmodels (new air files) cause a mismatch? I've done that and added effects lines in my xdps. I can fix the xdps pretty easily but I would rather not fly the old air files. May not be possible.

:kilroy:Squiffy, I really don't know for sure that modified *.air files will cause online mismatches. Someone with more knowledged of that subject would have to answeer that one. The only thing I could say to that one would be "maybe". I would also say this because the various different installs, especially the Host's should function at the same level for there not to be problems.

I do know that modified *.xdp files can cause that problem, although I do not know exactly how many or what different modifications to those files can cause the problem. I do know of several that do. The aircraft name length, the loadouts, and pylons are three things that I know can cause a mismatch. I've had it happen to me. I also know that some of the add-on aircraft available out there won't work in online play at all, but I have not managed to discover exactly why. Usually, if the Host and all of the intended Guests have the exact same add-on aircraft installed, there will be no mismatches, but as I have already stated, this is not always the case.

Squiffy, if you can host ETO, CFS3, and TS, maybe we could try to answer some of these questions. I have been wanting to get with someone to figure some of these things out for the good of this community.:d

Squiffy
October 18th, 2008, 17:58
OK Grizzly,

I got a little distracted tonight so maybe tomorrow or Monday? I've never hosted before so we can tune that up first and take it from there. I'm willing to give it a shot.

:wavey: