PDA

View Full Version : twin otter

olaf1924
June 20th, 2009, 07:21
I need help in finding out how to uninstall the aerosoft twin otter. The problem is I did not uninstall the file from my old fsx and now when I try to install the twin otter to my fresh fsx the install wizard says I must uninstall the aircraft before I can install again. The folder is missing to uninstall and going back in time did not help.:isadizzy:

blazefox2
June 20th, 2009, 07:30
try uninstalling it via the control panal see if that might work

olaf1924
June 20th, 2009, 07:36
blazefox the file is missing from the control panel also.

Peritas
June 20th, 2009, 08:16
Hi olaf1924, you have to go in in your main directory of C: and find in Programs "InstallShield Installation Information" directory. Inside this one, you'll find a lot of dirctories with numbers, inside each directory you'll find a file .ini (open with notepad). One of this directory is to delete, because is referring to Aerosoft installation of Twotter and the file .ini will tell you the exact directory. Be carefull to not delete any different directories!!!

Regards,
Luca

Meshman
June 20th, 2009, 09:17
Google Revo Uninstaller, download, install and let it see if it can find the wayward stuff that's causing you problems. Sounds like registry entries that are inhibiting the reinstall. Revo can find and remove that stuff for you.

olaf1924
June 20th, 2009, 14:14
Peritas your info worked. The twin otter installed this time.:applause::applause: