PDA

View Full Version : Bud / World Wide Airlines / L1049G / North America

Colonial
June 19th, 2009, 21:40
As is sometimes the case with big decisions, WWA didn't come to a resolution on whether to go or not until a few hours ago and as a result, ground crew have been called from home and are currently scrambling about CF-RNR "The Frigate Bird" pending confirmation of entry to the Race.

srgalahad
June 19th, 2009, 22:18
Bud,
You've got a couple of weeks. Make sure the testing is thorough (including good fuel burn #'s) and you know the FE's manual for which switches to switch.

Fair winds and blue skies!

Colonial
June 19th, 2009, 22:29
Thanks Rob, I am fairly comfortable on the FS Connie, so should be pretty good. Only thing I can be a little off on is my fuel sometimes, so will have to adjust and refine as I go!

Colonial
June 19th, 2009, 22:44
With the go ahead received by phone, a red flare launches from the World Wide hangar office at 02:00 local time for the trip from Dorval to LaGuardia.

TOW - 115612
Payload - 28800

Colonial
June 21st, 2009, 08:48
The log files seemed to disappear, but after reading the Duenna readme, I found them hiding in a shadow folder *whew*

Hope these are ok.

Dangerousdave26
June 21st, 2009, 09:11
I don't see anything wrong with the log.

Make sure that you have the Duenna set to run as administrator if you are using Vista as your OS.

Funny that it did not get google maps graphic. That usually means your internet connection is down. Check your fire wall and make sure that Duenna is allowed to connect.

Colonial
June 21st, 2009, 09:15
After speaking to MM, he suggested the same and running a quick test. I did and got a map, so not sure why the first one didn't work, except I did adjust the permissions after I ran the first leg.

Taco
June 21st, 2009, 10:16
Wow! glad to see you got everything working,:applause: and welcome aboard

Colonial
June 21st, 2009, 15:45
Alright, after having worked out some technical details as to why the ADF wasn't working quite right, looks like the Tech that was brought along has already been worth the extra weight.

Looking to do a daytime leg from KLGA to KDCA

GTW - 114,088
Payload - 28,800

Wing and a prayer!

Colonial
June 21st, 2009, 16:56
Not sure why the map didn't work again...*sigh*

Anyhow, into KDCA

Colonial
June 22nd, 2009, 16:48
Looks like some thundershowers rolling in, going to try and get 'er moving to the more sunny climes of Miami before we get locked in by the wx. I don't need the pax hurling in the cabin.....for criminey we just had the seats recovered!

Daylight flight because frankly I don't trust I won't end up in Nassau if I can't see where I am going.

MTW - 137,500
Payload - 28,800

Colonial
June 22nd, 2009, 20:27
Got into Miami after an eventful little trip. Took off from Washington amid sever thunderstorms, hit lots of turbulence on the way up. Somewhere in Virgina a Northeast Doug popped out of the clouds and zoomed by 2500 feet below me, going the opposite way, lots of nutballs up there flying about...sheesh.

Anyhow, got down to the warmer stuff. Time for a little relax and then off of the continent!

And the map worked this time!