PDA

View Full Version : Lt.commander max shean

Fibber
June 19th, 2009, 20:18
Here is one that is not aircraft related but God bless and receive him:engel016:. He did his duty well and must have been one heck of a swimmer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/naval-obituaries/5580622/Lieutenant-Commander-Max-Shean.html

RIP Lt. Cmder. Shean:medals:

p14u2nv
June 20th, 2009, 01:04
I read the article Fibber and I can't help but admire the man. I often wonder what it was really like back then when the entire country pulled together and so many sacrificed so much. Back when you could depend upon your neighbors and people actually gave a damn about each other as they did during those times. Back when everyone really knew right from wrong and lived accordingly. My Grandfather once explained to us kids what a "can do" attitude really meant and it was based on those tough times. He also explained that that attitude is what helped pull the US out of the great depression. Later I learned that it continued through the 50's and 60's to help build America.

It's really a shame I think, that so many led such daring exploits and took so many life threatening chances, for many of us only to find out about these patriotic people after they pass away. What people of such exceptional courage and nobility and strength they truly were.

Yet another member of the Greatest Generation passes. Yet one more true hero from that era is gone, may Lt. Cmdr. M. Shean truly rest in peace.

Thank you for sharing that Fibber.

watchdog22
June 20th, 2009, 14:38
Thanks for the heads up. As an Australian I feel embarassed at not knowing of his exploits previously but very proud that my country produced such heroes. Ordinary blokes doing extraordinary deeds. A Victoria Cross in Afghanistan shows that the spirit of Anzac is still alive and well.

Fibber
June 20th, 2009, 18:41
Thought that you "diggers" would like to know about that and that is why I put it here. Some of the best people I have ever met are you guys(and GALS!:icon_lol:):wavey:

Ravenna
June 20th, 2009, 19:42
I knew about the X-craft but not about Lt. Cdr. Shean. Thanks for the HU Fibber.