PDA

View Full Version : W'sIP (with snags)

PutPut
June 19th, 2009, 14:33
I did not accomplish as much as I normally do in the last couple of weeks because I hit a real snag in FSDS. The Saunders Roe SR-45 has 10 props on 6 prop shafts. FSX still allows only 4 engines so I compensated for that in the .cfg and .air file and came up with realistic flight dynamics. When it came time to animate the 10 props I discovered FSDSv3.51 would only animate 4 without very strange things happening. It took some time but thanks to Felix Rodriguiz at FFDS and Adam Howe at Abacus it got straightened out. FSDS won't parse certain part names for FSX so one has to add that part to the modeldef.xml file. Adam Howe was kind enough to send me the entries for 8 props and I managed to do the last 2 myself. The results show in the first pic.
Meanwhile work proceeded on the Amiot 143. The exterior is complete and I am attacking the VC. It is a challenge because the copilot sits underneath the pilot in the gondola. Thanks again to Moses03 for sending me invaluable info on the interior.

Paul

Moses03
June 20th, 2009, 17:34
Glad I could help out Paul. Funny I used to think 1930's French aircraft were mostly ugly, now I think of them more as "distinct".:mixedsmi:

Looking good on both-

Moses

Piglet
June 20th, 2009, 20:24
Cool!
When I made my BSG Viper, I had to make a third engine afterburner entry, so the burners will only operate if that particular engine was running. Otherwise I would have had to give two of the three engines the same burner setup.