PDA

View Full Version : Aussies, come swim on the Gold Coast.

demorier
October 17th, 2008, 20:10
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/10/18/17657_gold-coast-lead-story.html

This sharky (2.3m white shark) was caught straight off my local beach (Mermaid)where I have been swimming on and off for years.

Willy
October 17th, 2008, 20:18
I believe I'll just stick to my own swimming hole........

Buddha13
October 18th, 2008, 15:22
Hi all,
Think they should have released it back into the sea.The sharks were there first and should not be killed because humans want to go swimming.
Sharks do not have anywhere else to go humans do.

Buddha13

demorier
October 18th, 2008, 16:52
There's a lot of heated debate about that in these parts budda. It's shark netting vs shark hook baiting vs swimmer/surfers vs whale migration(getting caught in shark nets) conservation.

Wozza
October 18th, 2008, 18:45
There's a lot of heated debate about that in these parts budda. It's shark netting vs shark hook baiting vs swimmer/surfers vs whale migration(getting caught in shark nets) conservation.
I have a signed agreement with the sharks.Simply put,they stay off the land I stay out of the water :)
Wozza

Ferry_vO
October 19th, 2008, 00:51
I have a signed agreement with the sharks.Simply put,they stay off the land I stay out of the water :)

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes:

txnetcop
October 19th, 2008, 04:05
Wozza

Sounds like great wisdom to me! I prefer inland lakes myself:costumes: I do find those beautiful monsters fascinating.
Ted

wombat666
October 19th, 2008, 05:43

Not a big one Willy, only two and a bit metres!
Now, when they get up to four and five metres that's a big fish.
:d

Cazzie
October 19th, 2008, 06:37
I likd the poofie in high heels ad better! :costumes:

Caz

cheezyflier
October 19th, 2008, 10:51

think fresh water makes you safe?
bull sharks have been found as far inland as illinois and missouri in the mississippi. also in the great lakes. they are known to eat bathers in the ganjes river every year during their religious festivals.
see for yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_shark

Wozza
October 19th, 2008, 18:24
hehehe the scary thing is this is 95% correct,but only shows 0.3% of the dangers in the land downunder ;)

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq218/au_wozza/AUSTRALIA.jpg

PeteHam
October 19th, 2008, 20:24
Mmmmmmm ...... makes ya wanna live in New Zealand :icon_lol:

Pete.

demorier
October 19th, 2008, 21:30
Yeah...gotta watch out for those drop bears :d. Personally I'd hate to get hit by one of those Irukanji(hope I spelt that right) jelly fish about the northern tropics coastal waters. Almost impossible to see, no bigger than your thumb nail, incredible pain and they can kill you.

PeteHam
October 19th, 2008, 22:57
Even more reason to live in NZ :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pete.