PDA

View Full Version : A2A Spitfire

RyanJames170
June 18th, 2009, 21:38
hay dose any one here know id there is an Paint kit for A2As FSX patched Spitfire??

Ryan

jeansy
June 18th, 2009, 21:40
hay dose any one here know id there is an Paint kit for A2As FSX patched Spitfire??

Ryan

the fs9 paintkit works fine, sorry i cant remember where i got it from

jankees
June 18th, 2009, 22:20
paintkit is here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=downloads_search

BananaBob
June 19th, 2009, 02:07
Thanks for pointing this out, this one seems a tad neglected, I started a photoreal for it, hopefully all will go well. :ernae:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1517/spitwip1.jpg

some1
June 19th, 2009, 02:14
Wow, beautiful!

flyingip
June 19th, 2009, 03:25
Looks beautifull :applause:

Tim-HH
June 19th, 2009, 04:03
Wow, Bob, that looks great! :applause:

Greetings
Tim

waka172rg
June 19th, 2009, 04:17
Bob you never ceases to amaze me A+++ Mate drink a :guinness: for every nice paint you'v done you would be amm how do i put it :blind: :icon_lol:

RyanJames170
June 19th, 2009, 06:30
nice bob like how it looks :ernae:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

guzler
June 19th, 2009, 09:56
Hurry up Bob !

That looks superb. I'm waiting tapping my fingers !!!

noddy
June 19th, 2009, 10:38
This a a real beauty Bob :ernae:

RyanJames170
June 19th, 2009, 11:31
Oh guys i made some mods to the Spitfires CFG file to make it
a. Have the ability to go from WWII weights to modern day flying weights.
b. messed with HP rating to give it the real amount of HP and fuel flow. its close as i can get it anyway.

c acceleration and breaking were messed with by an friend to make it less apt to nose over and it don't accurate like an F/A-22 Raptor. he also made it so the Prop don't just instantly go to 700 RPM but takes an "few seconds" to get there and it takes longer to stop turning like the real one.

Ryan
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Bomber_12th
June 19th, 2009, 12:44
Ryan, your free to make such changes, but for the model of Spitfire that is the A2A Spit, all of those areas are already spot on with the A2A flight model being for the Mk.Ia airframe. As the Merlin Spitfires have wooden prop blades, they spin up very fast, and stop just about within the same amount of time. Pilots flying the real things are extremely cautious whenever using the brakes, if they ever do, because the things are so prone to nosing over, even requiring the tail to be anchored before performing any reasonable engine run-ups. (I'm sorry, but I'm a stonch advocate for accuracy. :) )

There have been a couple of threads here at SOH which highlight the fact that there are currently about 16 different repaints available for this aircraft, the majority of which are all proper Mk.I, Ia, and II schemes, and with just a few minutes spent renaming the files, they work just as well with the FSX update. I hope that the paintkit can be of use for more repaints. I have already done the BBMF Mk.II example a couple of times, which is the oldest airworthy Spitfire, but there is also an extremely nice Mk.Ia in flying condition in Britain (accurate colors, markings, and all stencils) which would make a perfect example to do a repaint of, since it is the only other flyable example which fits the frame: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=G-AIST&distinct_entry=true

RyanJames170
June 19th, 2009, 13:04
well considering the MKIs with the 3 blade Dehavland props had Metal blades.
and i know they didn't Spout 1500 HP not even at WEP im still testing this out.

peter12213
June 19th, 2009, 17:47
Thanks for pointing this out, this one seems a tad neglected, I started a photoreal for it, hopefully all will go well.

I like the looks of that mate..if you can I'd like to see some really heavily weathered spitfire repaints if you could replicate patched bullet holes or fire streaks near the enigine the more the better these early spitfires were heavily used in combat against the luftwaffe and were nearly always in those days of focke wulf superiority they were nearly always battle scarred or had been shot up and brought back.. so if you could it would look so much more realistsic!! Even down to chalk marks where the notes for repairs which were quickly jotted down on the wing or near the damge to be repaired, between the many many sorties the 'Few' flew to save me and my countrymens freedom, those and the many other nations who faught with us then like the Poles, Norwegians,free French and the USA!
P.s. No offence mate because I'm no whre near able to do what u guys do but that repaint Bob looks too shiny mate, otherwise it's amaising, make one covered in bullet holes tho lol may i ask where you were flying from in your picture too?
:applause: :ernae:

RyanJames170
June 19th, 2009, 18:07
i have to agree on the shininess part maybe 15% less and it should be ok

Skywolf
June 19th, 2009, 18:37
Just got this plane and the 109. Am hoping to do some repaints also!

BananaBob
June 19th, 2009, 20:15
I haven't done but a very small section of the nose, was just checking to see what the possibilities are, there is no shine added, just what is default, it was sunny the day of the pic I used that shows a glint on the nose, I usually try to get rid of those though. I'm going to try to just do a bare one so I can do multiple paints of different schemes. It will looked used, LOL :ernae:

Here's the photo.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1624/spitwi.jpg

spotlope
June 19th, 2009, 20:40
Awesome, Bob! Personally, I like a little more shine than some of you other fellas do. Then again, I'm simulating flying a restored Spitfire in the present day, and they always seem to be a little cleaner and shinier than they were way back then. This looks like a real winner!

MudMarine
June 19th, 2009, 20:51
I haven't done but a very small section of the nose, was just checking to see what the possibilities are, there is no shine added, just what is default, it was sunny the day of the pic I used that shows a glint on the nose, I usually try to get rid of those though. I'm going to try to just do a bare one so I can do multiple paints of different schemes. It will looked used, LOL :ernae:

Here's the photo.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1624/spitwi.jpg

No shine, no shine, no shine!! Looks awesome B-Bob!!:applause:

Javis
June 19th, 2009, 21:29
Looks jolly good, old chap ! :ernae:

I'm going to try to just do a bare one so I can do multiple paints of different schemes.

Bring on this one first,Bob. Can't wait ! :applause:

Cheers,
Jan

BananaBob
June 19th, 2009, 21:42
Looks jolly good, old chap ! :ernae:

Bring on this one first,Bob. Can't wait ! :applause:

Cheers,
Jan

Coming from you, one of the masters, cool! :ernae:
Will do bro, thanks! :ernae:

RyanJames170
June 19th, 2009, 21:47
im realy looking forward to it. oh could you make a replacement for the default spit texture please

peter12213
June 20th, 2009, 06:23
I think some people thought that real spitfire photo was your repaint lmao!

RyanJames170
June 21st, 2009, 09:50
hey bob hows the new paint kit going?