PDA

View Full Version : A-26 FSX Accel Problem

flyindave
October 17th, 2008, 18:58
I just installed Acceleration and (on a clean install) am in the process of getting every thing to work a lot of props dont and I have so far been able to fix them but when I dropped the Milton Shupe A-26 in I have a partial transparent problem on the nose? the B-26K, On Mark and LAS are ok? any suggestions ??

Lateral-G
October 17th, 2008, 19:17
I just installed Acceleration and (on a clean install) am in the process of getting every thing to work a lot of props dont and I have so far been able to fix them but when I dropped the Milton Shupe A-26 in I have a partial transparent problem on the nose? the B-26K, On Mark and LAS are ok? any suggestions ??

It's a known problem with the A-26 when using it in FSX/SP2/Accel.

I believe there is a fix in work to bring the FS9 A-26 up to FSX standards. There used to be a few threads on the progress in the FS2004 forum but since the server crash I think they are gone (I don't frequent the FS9 forums).

-G-

jimjones
October 18th, 2008, 02:00
Below is a crude fix issued months ago:

FS9 Planes that Work in FSX Acceleration
A26 by SOH
Operating System:Vista
Files: A26SOH.zip @ sim-outhouse.com
Graphic Card/ nVidia driver: nVidia Forceware 8800GTS/169.04 and probably earlier
DX9 Mode
The 2D and 3D panels and windows work ok and are very nice. No self shadows.
This is a crude fix of the decal section of the a26 for the "Hard to Get" repaint of this a/c. It merely covers up the decal with a solid unpolished gray. It will look better than invisible sides. The other paints could be similarly modified using a paint program to select the proper color.
The decal fix can be accomplished by going to the "Hard to Get" texture folder, deleting the DECAL_noseart.bmp file, copying and pasting the gray.bmp file to create a gray - copy.bmp file. Rename the gray - copy.bmp file to DECAL_noseart.bmp. ( The gray - copy.bmp file name is Vista produced name, XP produces a different name.)
Two other fixes do better than the above, one for the props, the other for the guns.
Props: Suggest using prop_super_king_air.2.bmp from afgb300fsx.zip in place of spinprop.bmp
Guns: Use DXTbmp to load and save as "DXT1 opaque" the guns.bmp file.
DX10
Mostly white, gray and black textures. Untested: Converting the textures to DXT1 opaque. Would expect loss of reflective ability.

icarus
October 18th, 2008, 05:36
try here if works

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/12/31/how-to-upgrade-the-propellers-in-fs9-aircraft-for-fsx-sp2.aspx

Milton Shupe
October 18th, 2008, 05:59

I have reposted the A-26 thread for the model updates:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=16649#post16649

I hope this helps.

flyindave
October 18th, 2008, 11:08
Thank you Milton I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed you and your teams wounderful work through the years they all are my favorites and I am getting most to work in Accel mostly prop issues and pretty easy to get around. I had figured out last night that the Decal texture was the problem but had no idea what to do. I had just down loaded your fixes and will go try it out Again Thank You

Dave