PDA

View Full Version : Tongass Fjords X

Francois
June 17th, 2009, 23:03
We've released the User Guide already for ya, and also some more screenshots of this 80.000 square kilometers large, extremely detailed product.

We expect to release it this weekend... finally !!!

Check out our website at http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/ :wavey:

BananaBob
June 17th, 2009, 23:08
Sandmann and Womack? I'm in like Flynn. Sold. :applause::applause::applause:

bushpilot
June 17th, 2009, 23:09
Beautiful... this will be an amazing weekend I tell you:applause::applause:

6297J
June 17th, 2009, 23:13
Finally indeed! Great news.

No map of the coverage area in the user guide? (or on the product page (or in the support forums) - do you really have to buy it before you get to see the area it covers?)

Now we just have to wait for Glacier Bay!

bushpilot
June 17th, 2009, 23:32
Here's the coverage area from another thread:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=493&d=1243556759

It looks like it's missing from the page 20 in the manual.

JayKae
June 17th, 2009, 23:34
Lovely stuff, have been hanging for this !

Mithrin
June 17th, 2009, 23:43
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAW! Finally, welll almost finally we can go back to flying in that beautiful area. I can see many interesting MP flights coming up! Can't wait!

Oh and no need to release it before sunday as fri and sat I'm at an airshow anyway hehe. ;)

6297J
June 17th, 2009, 23:45
Here's the coverage area from another thread:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=493&d=1243556759

I looks like it's missing from the page 20 in the manual.

Thank you - I've been looking for one everywhere - it's such an impressive area that you'd think a coverage map would be easier to find as it might help to sell it.
As you say someone has forgotten to include it on page 20 of the manual - hopefully the actual product has no similar omissions :icon_lol:

I know Glacier Bay is being worked on - does anyone know if there are any plans for Misty X?

BushAV8R
June 18th, 2009, 04:21
Oooh, great news!:jump:

My wallet is waiting....

harleyman
June 18th, 2009, 04:54
I'm in...Can't wait...:applause:

spotlope
June 18th, 2009, 05:34
Thank you - I've been looking for one everywhere - it's such an impressive area that you'd think a coverage map would be easier to find as it might help to sell it.
As you say someone has forgotten to include it on page 20 of the manual - hopefully the actual product has no similar omissions :icon_lol:

I know Glacier Bay is being worked on - does anyone know if there are any plans for Misty X?

The map was there in every version of the manual I've seen -- I even pulled it out and posted it on another forum thread (see above)... something wonky must have happened to it in the meantime. It'll get replaced before release, don't worry.

Here's a page Holger put together that not only has a bigger map, but shows how Tongass X stacks up against the default scenery, and even how it improves over the FS9 version.

http://www.flightsimplaza.com/tongass//TongassX/Tongass_Fjords_X_comp/TongassX_comp_home.html

bushpilot
June 18th, 2009, 05:44
Great comparisons. I just fully realized how bad the default FSX scenery really is. For example the shot of default Chutine Lake, British Columbia, the shoreline looks like it's drawn with a ruler:icon_lol:.

lawdawg
June 18th, 2009, 06:01
I am a lifelong Alaskan, lived,worked, hunted and fished around many of these areas. You have really done this justice. My wife was born in Sitka, I graduated from the Alaska State Trooper Academy there.
Outstanding job folks.
Thank you for the effort/hard work. I am one happy dude.

6297J
June 18th, 2009, 06:08
The map was there in every version of the manual I've seen -- I even pulled it out and posted it on another forum thread (see above)... something wonky must have happened to it in the meantime. It'll get replaced before release, don't worry.

Here's a page Holger put together that not only has a bigger map, but shows how Tongass X stacks up against the default scenery, and even how it improves over the FS9 version.

http://www.flightsimplaza.com/tongass//TongassX/Tongass_Fjords_X_comp/TongassX_comp_home.html

Thank you :applause: The comparison shots really are pretty shocking! I can't wait.

JorisVandenBerghe
June 18th, 2009, 06:45
I'm so glad to hear this! And eh, when would you expect to start on Misty Fjords (and/or Glacier Bay) ? These three would complement each other in a magnificent way, wouldn't they ?
:applause:

gera
June 18th, 2009, 07:01
What´s the price?????....any discount on that???

6297J
June 18th, 2009, 07:20
What´s the price?????....any discount on that???

The FSAddon page says US$34.95 but Simflight says 'we’ve decided to drop the price on the new Tongass Fjords' so hopefully it will be less.

Tim_Horton
June 18th, 2009, 07:28
"Now taking Bets on how quickly this project gets Uploaded to a torrent site.

Winner Gets a free copy of Tongass Fjord's X"

"Just a joke.. Don't take it personally."

But more Seriously, I love the work you guys do, and I love the detail it brings to a game with rather, Boring scenery to look at sometimes. I am so looking forward to Bronson Creek, as I have tried very hard to create my own. Then I saw your Version and said F*** it.

Just makes me want to go on a tour in real life!

Personally I have done a cargo run scenery at Flightsimnation that includes Muddy lake (BD7), to Telegraph creek, to Bronson creek, to Bob quin lakeCBW4, Iskut and ending at Dease lake. Beautiful Flight through the valleys!

Its too bad you had t leave out Iskut as its a beautiful One way landing over a cliff, and Bobquinn as it too is a really nice airport for logging and fisherys type operations.

bushpilot
June 18th, 2009, 07:59
The FSAddon page says US$34.95 but Simflight says 'we’ve decided to drop the price on the new Tongass Fjords' so hopefully it will be less.

It pays to live in a country where Euro is used. Euro is really killing the Dollar right now and with todays rates that makes about 25 Euros, which is not bad at all:jump:.

I hope this will be sold through Flight1 wrapper system which I prefer(?)

6297J
June 18th, 2009, 08:22

It won't because Francois would have to give a cut to Flight1 and he'd probably rather eat his motorcycle :birthday2

spotlope
June 18th, 2009, 08:24

The original Tongass for FS9 sells for 35 euros, which Google tells me works out to about $48 US. We've added a bunch of new features (see the comparison page above) and dropped the price by $13. Seems pretty fair to me as-is.

spotlope
June 18th, 2009, 08:26
It won't because Francois would have to give a cut to Flight1 and he'd probably rather eat his motorcycle :birthday2

Wrong. We're definitely releasing a Flight1 wrapper version, just as we did with Plum Island. Where do you get your information?

BushAV8R
June 18th, 2009, 08:36

That was not fair. How am I supposed to get some sleep until I will be able to finally fly in that area... :icon_lol:

Just cant wait .....

gera
June 18th, 2009, 08:44
It pays to live in a country where Euro is used. Euro is really killing the Dollar right now and with todays rates that makes about 25 Euros, which is not bad at all:jump:.

Yeas sir....good for you. I am going to Italy in July and as last year the cost is outrageous for us.....but I understand Europeans are in a catch 22 with this...big International value, less tourism, high unemployment, cost of living sky high, industry broke, banks not lending (worse than America), ...Italians with Liras lived twofold better.....I guarantee the Euro, eventually, will have to go down deep or brake Europe for good........:pop4::pop4:

6297J
June 18th, 2009, 08:49
Wrong. We're definitely releasing a Flight1 wrapper version, just as we did with Plum Island. Where do you get your information?

Sorry, I didn't realise you could use the Flight1 wrapper system without selling it on the Flight1 site. Does that mean the refund option still stands?

bushpilot
June 18th, 2009, 08:58

Great! Was expecting that since that's the way I bought my Plum Island.

.....but I understand Europeans are in a catch 22 with this...big International value, less tourism, high unemployment, cost of living sky high, industry broke, banks not lending (worse than America)

Nah... that's way too exaggerated.

Holger Sandmann
June 18th, 2009, 09:01
Hello guys,

Its too bad you had t leave out Iskut as its a beautiful One way landing over a cliff, and Bobquinn as it too is a really nice airport for logging and fisherys type operations.

Tim, Bob Quinn Lake is included as a sloped runway gravel airstrip plus helipad like it is in reality. It's also a great starting point for flights to the massive Galore Creek mine development to the west (currently mothballed): http://www.novagold.com/section.asp?pageid=4079 . Up at the mine there are two more airstrips and a helipad.

And eh, when would you expect to start on Misty Fjords (and/or Glacier Bay) ? These three would complement each other in a magnificent way, wouldn't they ?

We've started on both Glacier Bay X and Misty Fjords X as well so eventually all of SE Alaska will be covered.

Cheers, Holger

Francois
June 18th, 2009, 09:57

$34,95 already IS less ! It was 34 Euros before and we've dropped that on simMarket to 27,95 Euros..... that's already stretching it compared to the two years of work that has gone into this by multiple people .... sorry !!

Now, what happened to my FSAddon website and the Tongass map I wonder.... grrrrr.. I'd rather be a developer than a publisher, believe you me.

Francois
June 18th, 2009, 10:01

Actually, simMarket takes an even larger slice and makes it difficult to have enough money left over to fill the tank of the BMW once in a while :wavey:

SolarEagle
June 18th, 2009, 10:31
Simply the best I've ever seen, and the users guide is equally impressive. I think it clear who the masters of scenery design are.

bushpilot
June 18th, 2009, 10:53
If it was 34 euros I would still buy it and wouldn't even flinch. Top notch sceneries like this just don't happen too often.

Francois
June 18th, 2009, 10:58
If it was 34 euros I would still buy it and wouldn't even flinch. Top notch sceneries like this just don't happen too often.

Thanks Pekka.

I told Holger we should have just sold it for $ 100. That way we would not have people nagging us all the time about pricing.... they would just buy it, or not look at it at all. :pop4:

:ernae:

Henry
June 18th, 2009, 11:16
Actually, simMarket takes an even larger slice and makes it difficult to have enough money left over to fill the tank of the BMW once in a while :wavey:
LOL
that is a BMW bicycle isnt it?
and that would be a water tank
still a definite purchase for me
H

gera
June 18th, 2009, 11:36
C´On Francois, you doing OK......anyway, you got the best store around, I download constantly there, you should give me a discount!!!....Now I even started downloading Train Stuff!!!!!!....give me a diploma at Least!!!!...by the way I will be "flying" around Italy on a BMW Moto soon!!!!!.....:running::running:

Francois
June 18th, 2009, 13:13
C´On Francois, you doing OK......anyway, you got the best store around, I download constantly there, you should give me a discount!!!....Now I even started downloading Train Stuff!!!!!!....give me a diploma at Least!!!!...by the way I will be "flying" around Italy on a BMW Moto soon!!!!!.....:running::running:

Whatever you may think, I am NOT simMarket.... that's Miguel.

As for Italy on a moto, yup, we're heading for the Dolomites too again this Summer ! See ya there ! :wavey:

gera
June 18th, 2009, 13:28
Whatever you may think, I am NOT simMarket.... that's Miguel.

As for Italy on a moto, yup, we're heading for the Dolomites too again this Summer ! See ya there ! :wavey:

Say hi to Mike......I´ll be cruising in the Ligurian Coast from Nice down to La Spetzia, then on to Siena and finally return the bike in Rome....my wife will be driving a Fiat way behind me!!!!:applause::applause:

crashaz
June 18th, 2009, 20:14
Simply the best I've ever seen, and the users guide is equally impressive. I think it clear who the masters of scenery design are.

Hehehe was there ever any doubt? Really good people in real life too. :ernae:

moore1018
June 18th, 2009, 20:21
We expect to release it this weekend... finally !!!

Hey Francois...where I live we always try to start the weekend sometime early Friday. I'm showing about 12:22am Friday morning, so...is it the weekend yet? :jump:

Francois
June 18th, 2009, 22:15
Hey Francois...where I live we always try to start the weekend sometime early Friday. I'm showing about 12:22am Friday morning, so...is it the weekend yet? :jump:

Friday it will be then..... but got a few small things to resolve before launching........ hold on....... :icon_lol::running:

Francois
June 18th, 2009, 22:17
Say hi to Mike......I´ll be cruising in the Ligurian Coast from Nice down to La Spetzia, then on to Siena and finally return the bike in Rome....my wife will be driving a Fiat way behind me!!!!:applause::applause:

That's a wonderful road along the coast! We've done it a few times, both in car and on motorbike.

We have friends some 100 miles north of Rome that we visit once every while... in Umbria. Maybe we'll head that far south again this year, depends on 'time' (if which we always have too little). If not then we'll stay up in the mountains......

moore1018
June 19th, 2009, 05:30
yipee!!

CrisGer
June 25th, 2009, 11:29
wonderful wonderful wonderful

i am revving up the floats out back and cant wait to see this.
thanks so much Francois and all the team who created this wonderful piece of work for us all.

it is so great to see what FSX can really do in the hands of artists and you guys deserve our deepest thanks and appreciation. I would have paid 150 US for this happily :)

Francois
June 25th, 2009, 11:38
I would have paid 150 US for this happily :)

And NOW you tell me !!

Just kiddin'.... hope you'll have lots of fun using it!