PDA

View Full Version : ATC menu query

Naismith
June 17th, 2009, 13:16
Does anyone know of any tweaks to the ATC menu specifically the Nearest airport item, which can make a particular airfield appear above others.
Flying into YVR (Vancouver) using the fabulous Van+ scenery I find I am almost on top of the airport before it becomes a selectable item and when it does it jumps up in priority so quickly that often the wrong selection is made. It is strange because very minor airfields and heliports which are even further away than my current position appear before CYVR. And here is me lumbering in at 250kts....... :wavey:

mjrhealth
June 17th, 2009, 14:50
There are no tewaks that i am aware of, but i dont understand the issue, i think it only shows airports in a 30 mile or less radius, once that aiport shows up it can be selected. Yes there is a problem where it doesnt seem to update quick enough but this can be overcome by using the back function then selecting nearest airport list to force an update, do that when you believe you are within 20 nm of your aiport should bring it up.

Naismith
June 17th, 2009, 20:18
It's a minor irritant of course, but when you are 30 miles out and approaching the airfield in the region of 240 - 250 kts and the airfield you want to speak to is on page 6 of the box. Add to that actually trying to get in on the radio in front of the AI a/c, I tend to be almost on top of the airfield.

stansdds
June 18th, 2009, 02:11
ATC in the FS series has always been a weak spot.